• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Perfect game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I guess this goes for all Kingdom Hearts games in general, but it's obviously relevant to those of us playing the new HD collection.

Difficulty setting

So which one would be ideal for a perfect game?

I would personally rule out beginner simply because it typically locks you out of a secret movie, which means you have to complete everything on a higher difficulty setting to even achieve a perfect game to begin with. On the flip side, you can use this mode to get any trophy you're having a hard time getting on any other difficulty, removing some of the weight off your shoulders.

I'm also sceptical about doing everything on critical mode in games where it's available. It's so hard that most people simply won't have a good time trying to do anything that isn't required to beat the final boss. You also get way too nerfed, imo.

So it comes down to either Standard or Proud mode. The former has the advantage of being the intended difficulty level while the latter gives you serious bragging rights. I think most people think Standard is challenging enough, so Proud is probably only for the veterans who have become really good at the game. One could always do everything on Standard mode first, and then do it all over again on Proud mode if they ever decide to revisit the game sometime in the future.

What are the requirements?

• [mandatory] Platinum Trophy
  • [mandatory] Everything completed on a single save file (standard mode or higher)
  • [optional] Perfect invisible record (won all fights where the outcome does not matter, read all missable dialogue etc)
  • [optional] Have at least one of each item, piece of equipment etc
  • [optional] All of Sora's friends have been maxed out

Did I miss anything? What will your perfect game run look like? :biggrin:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I dunno if I'll ever have the resolve to perfect it, but if you were goin for EVERY trophy at once: Standard. Proud might make the time limitation too difficult to reach. I'm at 7hrs and about to beat Cerberus on Proud, but I'm taking my sweet time to ogle all there is to ogle! XD Can you even get all the trophies minus the difficulty clears on Standard? Cuz I forget.

I'm enjoying my Proud mode, tho. I'll get all the goodies and such this playthrough, then I'll get the other trophies on the other 2. But my perfect playthrough is slow and enjoyed, with many hours spent grinding and talking about the plot with friends :3

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I also just beat Cerberus, 7 hours into the game, but I'm playing on standard mode at the moment. I'm a little bit rusty! A bit worried about Deep Jungle right now.

For FM, I'm going to do the speed-run and unchanging armour challenge on beginner mode, beat proud mode for the difficulty trophy and then use the standard mode as my 100% completion playthrough. I figure that I can always return and give proud mode a go later if I'm bored, but that standard mode has all of the "original" stats (nothing has been nerfed or improved).

I'm really not going to bother with what I listed as optional in my previous post. I beat Tidus, Wakka and Selphie separately on DI, but I'm not good enough to beat them as a team. Didn't beat Riku either, except for in the race. Beat Leon, but didn't beat Cloud. Part of me wants to reload to beat him, but I'm leaning towards think it's not really worth it. These victories are, as far as I know, never recorded anywhere and thus cannot be proved any satisfaction for winning will only be in your head lol.

Part of the reason why I beat Birth by Sleep on proud mode was because meeting the requirements on standard mode would be even harder, but I guess that in the inevitable HD remaster you will still have to do all those things for a trophy so standard mode seems like the way to go for all games on the PS3.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I'm rusty as well. I've been training to beat Cerberus cuz he always hands my butt to me XD I can comfortably beat him at lv20, but I was trying to at lv12...I'm impatiently slow, I guess!

As for the islands, I have a hard time beating Riku and the 3 on 1 battles on Proud. The other modes are definitely a bit easier, for me! :3 I called my raft Enterprise cuz we'd just gotten the new Star Trek movie. I even said the whole spiel XD

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I missed getting the treehouse wrecked by Sabor, so I'm choosing not to count this as a requirement, ha!

wolfshadow

This perfect run will not work. You have to have beaten the game three times to get the trophy for beginner standard and proud. So there goes your stance on people playing beginner and having more than one save file to get the platinum trophy.

State

Awards
Wait... You can get Sabor to wreck the treehouse?! 0.o This is news to me...

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
This perfect run will not work. You have to have beaten the game three times to get the trophy for beginner standard and proud. So there goes your stance on people playing beginner and having more than one save file to get the platinum trophy.

You're completely missing the point. Perhaps you should try to read my post again?

Wait... You can get Sabor to wreck the treehouse?! 0.o This is news to me...

Fighting her there will make her bust up a hole in the floor, creating a shortcut to the nets below. I think she can also create another hole in the wall. It's not really a very useful shortcut though.

State

Awards
Hmm... I didn't know that (nor that Sabor was a she). 0.o

Gram

Banned
Awards
Hmm... I didn't know that (nor that Sabor was a she). 0.o

I didn't know that either. o_0 Though when trying to survive the battle with her you dont sit to think of it. xD

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Proud is the only way to do this. I almost want to weep now that I completely finished everything on my Proud mode playthrough. I have beaten every optional boss, synthesized everything, beaten every version of every tournament, etc. Using Normal / Beginner is simply noob territory and severely inhibits your ability to watch Deep Dive.

Proud is also much more fun than those two modes.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Personally, my perfect KH runs will have to be on the highest difficulty setting available (fortunately, KHFM only has up to Proud, haha). I achieved this on my regular copies of KH1, CoM & Days, and it'll be a process for the first two in 1.5 ReMIX. I'm not too concerned with the trophies I won't be able to get on my first run, since you do have to play three times to get them all anyways, but I will try my darndest to get as many as possible with the respective highest difficulty settings.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I would include beating Yuffie/Wakka/Tidus, Riku and Leon.

Dark Wing

Awards

wait, so beating the game on proud doesn't give you all three trophies (like pretty much every other game i've played with multiple difficulty settings do)?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Proud is the only way to do this. I almost want to weep now that I completely finished everything on my Proud mode playthrough. I have beaten every optional boss, synthesized everything, beaten every version of every tournament, etc. Using Normal / Beginner is simply noob territory and severely inhibits your ability to watch Deep Dive.

Proud is also much more fun than those two modes.

I agree with this.

For the same reason that Demon's/Dark Souls is a fun series, playing on Proud is more fun because you feel so much more satisfaction when you win. After dying time after time, finally getting to that one try where you have a boss at three hits left, but you can't find an opening to finish them just yet, and your heart's pounding because you're low on MP and you just used your last Hi-Potion and one misplaced dodge could mean starting all over...

That is the epitome of awesome. So long as you like that sort of thing of course.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Yes! I love a good game where there is ALWAYS a danger. If I can simply turn a corner and die by facing my fireball-shooting opponent head-on (YOU, Fat Bandit! >:°) rather than strategizing...That's a good fight. A boss that I'm down to the last shred of health while fighting, my allies are down, and nothing's left to save me but my ability to evade damage and strike back is a good boss.

But seriously. Donald and Goofy need to stay alive SOMETIMES DX

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yes! I love a good game where there is ALWAYS a danger. If I can simply turn a corner and die by facing my fireball-shooting opponent head-on (YOU, Fat Bandit! >:°) rather than strategizing...That's a good fight. A boss that I'm down to the last shred of health while fighting, my allies are down, and nothing's left to save me but my ability to evade damage and strike back is a good boss.

But seriously. Donald and Goofy need to stay alive SOMETIMES DX

Agreed!!!

They really do, even with second chance my donald and goofy keep dying. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back