• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What the heck hit Sora in the beginning?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
This has bothered me since the original, but my curiosity was once again piqued after playing again on Final Mix.

After Sora's dream when he wakes up on the beach, he starts talking to Kairi. He says something along the lines of "It seemed so real, this big black thing swallowed me up! I couldn't breath, I couldn't- OW!"

After he says ow, he thrusts forward and grabs the back of his head. WHAT THE HELL HURT HIM?!?!?!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: What the heck hit Sora in the beginning???

It's hard to see (it confused me the first couple of times too), but Kairi whacked him on the head with her knuckles to "wake him up". Hence the line "are you still dreaming"?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Kairi. This confused people?

It's typical in Anime/cartoons to knock someone in the back of the head to "wake them up".

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Kairi hurts because she loves.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

A love tap from Kairi.

She hit him with her hand. They just don't show it because idk. PS2 graphics engine limitations?

Max

Staff member
Awards

It's hard to see (it confused me the first couple of times too), but Kairi whacked him on the head with her knuckles to "wake him up". Hence the line "are you still dreaming"?

I've watched it a hundred times, I just really can't see it :/

Kairi. This confused people?

It's typical in Anime/cartoons to knock someone in the back of the head to "wake them up".

I just can't see it, and the back of the head? That's even more confusing, he's directly in front of her looking up at her...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I've watched it a hundred times, I just really can't see it :/

I just can't see it, and the back of the head? That's even more confusing, he's directly in front of her looking up at her...
But he's sitting and she's standing. It's easy to do.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

It was kairi, that was just her way of showing love, lol

Max

Staff member
Awards

Apparently I'm the only person who has had this issue,guess its just me. Just watched the scene again on youtube closely, and really, it seems ridiculous. From the camera angle, I feel like if she hit him we would have to see something, but I see absolutely no Kairi in that frame whatsoever. I will just take everyone's word for it I suppose

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

They make it difficult to see but it's there. See that fleshy color near the top of Sora's head? That's Kairi's hand.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Thankfully they have made this easier to see in the HD remaster. I use to think it was a coconut xD

Max

Staff member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

They make it difficult to see but it's there. See that fleshy color near the top of Sora's head? That's Kairi's hand.

Thank you so much. It was just too quick for my eyes I guess, but yeah its there. After years I have closure!

Thankfully they have made this easier to see in the HD remaster. I use to think it was a coconut xD

My excuse as a child was that it was a fish that jumped out of the water, but I quit excepting my made up story after a while :/

Energy

Im pretty sure he just has a sore head from being washed up from the sea. /Thread
(Thats what i always thought when i was a kid.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Im pretty sure he just has a sore head from being washed up from the sea. /Thread
(Thats what i always thought when i was a kid.)

Lol what? Why would he have washes up on the shore? He was sleeping on the beach. Everything in the opening was part of Sora's dream.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

So Kairi hit Sora. Well I guess we can tell who the man in the relationship really is. XD Nah it's kind of sweet I think.

Energy

Lol what? Why would he have washes up on the shore? He was sleeping on the beach. Everything in the opening was part of Sora's dream.
Ohh yeh i know i was just guessing i know it was a dream just use to think he was in sea and was dreaming then got washed on beach thats why hes head hurt lol

OMG if you look at the top of the screen u can see her hand i was looking at the right side o.0
[video=youtube;lBnC3ghLbVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBnC3ghLbVo[/video]

Max

Staff member
Awards

Ohh yeh i know i was just guessing i know it was a dream just use to think he was in sea and was dreaming then got washed on beach thats why hes head hurt lol

OMG if you look at the top of the screen u can see her hand i was looking at the right side o.0
[video=youtube;lBnC3ghLbVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBnC3ghLbVo[/video]

Man, once you know her hand is there, you can see it everytime, but that is the fastest hand movement in the world, Kairi would have thrived in the wild west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back