• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When will 2.5 be announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs96er

Well, technically, since KH3 is being designed for the next gen, it would make sense. Who knows. This whole ReMIX movement does look to be solely aimed at the PS3, though.
Why whould they do 1.5 on ps3 and not do 2.5 on ps3 plus there is always gaikai for streaming ps3 games

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Why would they do 1.5 on ps3 and not do 2.5 on ps3 plus there is always gaikai for streaming ps3 games

I think the mentality is cross platforming. With the PS4 on the horizon but the PS3 still alive and kicking some game companies, Square included, have been making games for the PS3 then porting them to the PS4. 2.5 is most likely being developed for the PS3 but with the surprise announcement of KH3 being for the PS4 and the PS4's arrival right around the corner it's not too farfetched to think that 2.5 could be for both systems.

Jrs96er

I think the mentality is cross platforming. With the PS4 on the horizon but the PS3 still alive and kicking some game companies, Square included, have been making games for the PS3 then porting them to the PS4. 2.5 is most likely being developed for the PS3 but with the surprise announcement of KH3 being for the PS4 and the PS4's arrival right around the corner it's not too farfetched to think that 2.5 could be for both systems.
I agree with it may be on ps4 but it to be for ps4 only and not ps3 is insane

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It will be announced when it gets announced. *laughs*
I hope it's soon. I want the buy the games at the same so I play them in order of release.

Jrs96er

Dose anybody think it would be a worldwide release for 2.5 this time so It can be released for the ps3 early in 2014

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Dose anybody think it would be a worldwide release for 2.5 this time so It can be released for the ps3 early in 2014

That might be asking for a wee bit too much. Besides, I don't Square is worried about putting out 2.5 in a hurry. It gives them an excuse to not focus KH3 related news as much.

It would make no sense for it to be on ps4

honestly i think it would make much more sense to have it on the ps3 rather than the ps4. plus i don't think kh 2.5 hd remix will be out this year just because i thought i read somewhere they wanted to release 1 kingdom hearts game a year and this gives them another year to work on KH3 for the PS4. so this is merely the build up to KH3; which i'm sure will be out in 2015 along with Final Fantasy 15.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
KH3 is rumored to be slated for 2015, so yes, it makes perfect sense for us to see 2.5 around Fall next year. Just my guess ;3

As for the platform, I'm thinking ps3 only. Why make 1.5 ps3 only, but make 2.5 different? It doesn't make a lot of sense. I just think it'll be easier to sell as only ps3, so they don't lose any money on a ps4 version. I don't know much about how business like that works, but wouldn't it cost extra to adapt the game to the ps4, as well?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm getting really excited for TGS guys. Even though there's no guarantee, which day of TGS do you think is the day they would most likely announce 2.5? Wasn't 1.5 announced on September 19th last year? So do you think that 2.5 will be unveiled this Thursday?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Either in the Sony press conference(I think there is one on a day before TGS starts and on the first day of TGS), or in a Square Enix presentation, if they have one which they should because they have a stage.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Either in the Sony press conference(I think there is one on a day before TGS starts and on the first day of TGS), or in a Square Enix presentation, if they have one which they should because they have a stage.

So, Wednesday or Thursday then?

Even though Nomura already confirmed its existence, I can't wait for the formal announcement. I also really want to see the logo. I'd like to see the cover art too, but that won't come for a few months afterward (like they did with 1.5).

MizuMikomi

Awards
Personally, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being announced during the Kingdom Hearts event at D23 Expo several weeks from now.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Personally, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being announced during the Kingdom Hearts event at D23 Expo several weeks from now.

I hope not. I've been waiting for the official announcement of 2.5 literally since the day that 1.5 was announced. I'd much rather wait two more days than another three weeks.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd rather that just be behind the scenes stuff.

Here's what I'm hoping for:
TGS - we get trailers for both 2.5 and III.
D23 - We get new character render art of main and disney characters from the trailer), concept art, environment images of a Disney world (because this is a disney event), and behind-the-scenes information about the programs they're using.

D23 seems more like the informal, talk about what they've made progress with etc. TGS is more for the formal "here is footage, take it and enjoy. More information later"

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'd rather that just be behind the scenes stuff.

Here's what I'm hoping for:
TGS - we get trailers for both 2.5 and III.
D23 - We get new character render art of main and disney characters from the trailer), concept art, environment images of a Disney world (because this is a disney event), and behind-the-scenes information about the programs they're using.

D23 seems more like the informal, talk about what they've made progress with etc. TGS is more for the formal "here is footage, take it and enjoy. More information later"

Only thing that makes me think they might announce 2.5 at D23 is that Nomura said he kind of wanted to do a big announcement at D23, but since KH3 was unveiled at E3, he couldn't do that anymore. So, unless SE already has 2.5 nailed down for TGS, I wonder if Nomura might want to save 2.5 for that "big announcement" but at the same time, I agree. Way more people are going to be paying attention to TGS than D23. TGS would be the far more appropriate place for its initial announcement.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Only thing that makes me think they might announce 2.5 at D23 is that Nomura said he kind of wanted to do a big announcement at D23, but since KH3 was unveiled at E3, he couldn't do that anymore.
Yes, however;

Nomura : Regarding D23 Expo Japan, this is the first time that Disney holds such an event outside the U.S., so it is a great honor for us to be invited. I’m very happy that we have the opportunity to hold a special conference for KINGDOM HEARTS. I really want to make a surprise announcement for this event but it is currently under discussion, so we’ll see (laughs). Since we announced KINGDOM HEARTS III at E3, we cannot make another announcement for anything but the same game. Hopefully you will see soon enough.

He said they can't announce anything at D23 except for Kingdom Hearts III.

MizuMikomi

Awards
True enough, I'd hope that we get somewhat 'lengthy' trailers for II.5 and III at Tokyo Game Show, while D23 just gives more information, promotional media, and perhaps a few surprises. Sora's new outfit, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back