• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

They did it pretty well with Tron in II and DDD.

As long as Sora and his crew don't look out of place in a world, people won't mind. With the new Kingdom Shader, I'm sure any live action film can easily be put into the series. Whether those films should be included is a whole different subject matter.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

I had no problem with Pirates in KH2. Sora, Donald and Goofy are suppose to look out of place, there're cartoons in the real worlds. I enjoyed the contrast in styles.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I had no problem with Pirates in KH2. Sora, Donald and Goofy are suppose to look out of place, there're cartoons in the real worlds. I enjoyed the contrast in styles.
When you compare them to other worlds where they are made to look like they fit in (Atlantica, Halloween Town), it's jarring.

Why make them blend in Halloween Town but not Port Royal?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

im with you. port royal is in my top five favorite worlds

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

When you compare them to other worlds where they are made to look like they fit in (Atlantica, Halloween Town), it's jarring.

Why make them blend in Halloween Town but not Port Royal?

Pretty much this.
In all the other worlds, KH has went out of their way to give SDG different appearances for certain worlds. This way, they would blend in better. I have no idea why they didn't do this for Port Royal, but they REALLY clashed.

But it worked for Tron because 1) SDG and Riku DID change their appearance to match the world and 2) the world in of itself is a digital world, so even though it uses live actors, it maintains an animated look to it.

Rii

Awards

I'm excited to see a Pixar world(any of them), because this will be the first time a 3D animated movie will be implemented, and I'm excited to see how the characters and world will look in the game. Also, I hope they reuse a Disney world from one of the past games, because I'm interested to see how everything looks on the PS4 with the Kingdom Shader as opposed to how they looked in previous games, aside from what we saw in the trailer.

Pepper_123

I would love a sword and the stone world as I would find it great to see how Merlin reacts to being back home and have SDG attempt to take the sword out of the stone as watching Donalds anger boil is always great

Gram

Banned
Awards

I would love a sword and the stone world as I would find it great to see how Merlin reacts to being back home and have SDG attempt to take the sword out of the stone as watching Donalds anger boil is always great

I've been wanting to see a sword in the stone world since kh2, I loved that movie when I was little. Would be fun to fight madam mim to xD

Nobody Cares

Personally, I'd like to see a Pocahontas world. I think it would be pretty fun to explore and funny if Sora sang "Colors of the Wind". XD

Gram

Banned
Awards

Personally, I'd like to see a Pocahontas world. I think it would be pretty fun to explore and funny if Sora sang "Colors of the Wind". XD

That could be a beautiful world to add, I'd like to see how Donald handles her pet raccoon. xD

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Dude Pocahontas could be the craziest party member.

Alright get this, the Pocahontas World is mostly in the forest right? Well how about whenever you fight heartless in the forest, Pocahontas just starts flying out of the woodwork and shooting arrows, throwing knives, and busting up heartless.

This is a good idea

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Isn't she a peaceful woman?

Bhunivelze

While there are other worlds I would want to see more than it, I would be absolutely shocked if the Bayou from Princess and the Frog were not in the game. Facilier is one of the best choices in my opinion to replace Malefecint as the primary Disney villain. While I'm not sure who the guest party member of the world would be, it just seems like a great, nay, perfect addition to the game.And since witchcraft is center in that world we could have Ultimecia come in as a secret super boss there.

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Isn't she a peaceful woman?

"In a world overrun by the darkness, one pacifist must forgo her beliefs to save everything she loves"

We're looking at Pocahontas 3 here

MSGrand550

One thing I found cool about the KH series is that each world mirrors the overall theme of the entire game in some way. Like, in Kingdom Hearts, the Little Mermaid was a perfect choice because Ariel is a character who wants to go see the outside world, a theme we see in Riku earlier in the game. That being said, I'd assume we'll see world in KHIII based on the theme of the game... but then again, we know so little about what it will contain and what it's actually about.... This may sound ridiculous but it would be so awesome if Goofy's son Max was in this game. Goofy has a really mature back story if you think about it and that would be awesome to see... but I feel like that's not KH territory. Oh well.

Krookodile553

Here are a few lists of Disney-based worlds I came up with not too long ago...

NEW *"Yes" tier*
Hawaiian Town (The town where Lilo and Stitch live, basically)
Jungle of Lore (The Jungle Book) [I mean, it was SUPPOSED to be in BBS. If the Pride Lands *Simba's Pride* does not make it into KH3, this would be the replacement for it]
Enchanted Bayou (I have only seen five minutes worth of bits and pieces from The Princess & the Frog, but I can imagine how it would work)
Open Ocean (Finding Nemo was AWESOME. Please, SE and Disney, put this in INSTEAD of Atlantica)
Ant Island (A Bug's Life was an underrated Pixar classic, but I truly enjoyed it. What kind of insects would SDG become?)
Game Station (I have STILL not seen Wreck-It Ralph, but I LOVE the concept. Maybe if they use it, Sora could be in Wreck-It Ralph 2? [and on a non-KH note, they could throw in a couple "Do A Barrel Roll" jokes, Mario, and Pikachu alongside Sora in WIR2])
Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood was very underrated, and I'm just jumping on the bandwagon here for KH3.

NEW "Maybe" tier
Native Forests (I try not to use the word "Savage" as it is considered extremely racist towards Native Americans. The only reason Pocahontas might not be in KH3 is due to potential racism. But it would be funny to see how Donald would react with the comic relief critters)
Northern Lands (I liked Brother Bear. I thought it was original, but there was no set villain, so a Heartless would be better for the boss. Sora could be a grizzly bear cub, Donald could be a bald eagle, and Goofy could be a wolf or a moose.)
Mesozoic Valley (Dinosaur was also EXTREMELY underrated, it may or may not be KH material, but I would like to Sora as an Iguanodon or a lemur, Donald as a Pteranodon or a Gallimimus, and Goofy as a Stegosaurus or a Triceratops. Plus, the Carnotaurus boss would be cool IMHO.)
Andy's Room (Toy Story is only maybe because it's too "all over the place". If it was in one spot, it would be a definite YES.)
The Highlands (If Brother Bear does not make it, this could be similar, plus, I know I guy who wore a Scotsman's outfit when he saw the movie Brave. {Don't worry, he wasn't "Going Commando"})

Returning YES tier
Pride Lands (I thought that Simba's Pride was enjoyable, plus.. you get to watch Andy Dick die!)
Agrabah (finish off the Aladdin and Xehanort sagas already!)
Port Royal (I WANT TO KICK DAVY JONES'S CREEPY-LOOKING ASS!)
Castle of Dreams (Cinderella 3 anybody? But I've only seen the first, and the first ten minutes of the second)

Returning MAYBE tier
Beast's Castle (only if they throw Gaston in there)
The Land of Dragons (Never saw the second Mulan movie. Was it any good?)

DNicholls2191

Hey everyone! First post on this forum, so here goes nothing!

Personally I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I really don't think it or Marvel would suit KH. Their universes are two big, and I can't see how Star Wars could be condensed into something to fit a KH-size world that wouldn't just be a bit contrived. The tone also doesn't really suit Kingdom Hearts, and it would be weird to present a scenario such as the world of star wars, which is about saving the entire universe, and suggest that is less important than the overall Kingdom Hearts plot. For me it just doesn't work.

However, I would be more than happy to see Pixar worlds, if they made sense. If they do any I am nigh on certain it will be Toy Story - it is the most popular pixar franchise, the most recognisable, and probably the most intriguing to see what they would do with it. The only downsides are that the first film lacks any really appropriate villain. I don't think it would follow to start with Toy Story 2 or 3, and the problems with 1, are that you couldn't really have Sid (as he shouldn't be aware of the toys' consciousness, or the baby-headed toy, but that doesn't seem to have the appropriate self-awareness to be a compelling villain.

For me the best Pixar World for Kingdom hearts would be a Bugs Life. A less-loved film than many of its animated contemporaries, it has a unique feel (insects, and being miniaturised), a great additional companion (flik), an excellent villain (Hopper - whether heartless-cised or otherwise), and I really feel they could do a lot with it, however unlikely it may be.

Other worlds I'd expect
-destiny islands at some point, obviously
-keyblade graveyard, obviously
-olympus collysseum - too great an opp for minigames really
-agrabar - too unique a setting to be left out IMO
-halloweentown? - extraordinarily popular as a cult film, very unique feel, but I don't know whether they would have any fresh story material, so this is a doubt

d_fallen_1

New Worlds

Kingdom Hearts
It has been expressed that Kingdom Hearts is an actual dominion of light that was consumed by the darkness. Many times the Door to Kingdom Hearts materialized but we never got the chance to actually know what lies beyond the door or if Kingdom Hearts is truly "The Heart of all Worlds." This will definitely be the final world that may produce the same vibe as Hollow Bastion and The World That Never Was before it.

Corona - Tangled
While relatively difficult to incorporate its story to the game's main story, Corona can serve as the "med-evil" world that City of Bells and Enchanted Dominion were before it.

Toy World - Toy Story
Not revolving "Andy's Room" but an entire world compose of toys that acts as a haven for the animated toys in similarities to Traverse Town. In my opinion, this is the best means to incorporate the Toy Story lore. "Andy's Room" just doesn't make sense to be considered a "World." A Toy World can incorporate many subthemes like Western and Sci-Fi.

Spirit World - Spirited Away
Disney has been distributing Studio Ghibi's product to international markets. With the possibility of Disney buying the studio, the idea of a Miyazaki Property making an appearance in Kingdom Hearts isn't exactly far-fetched as people may think. Spirited Away can define the capabilities of not just how to utilize the Next-Gen technology but make a statement on how Square can make a truly extravagant world that is rich with detail.

Arendelle Kingdom - Frozen
A upcoming film that is anticipated to become an instant classic. The sole reason I support this as a candidate revolves around the "atmosphere." The snow climates will be very unique in the Kingdom Hearts realm which we only had a glimpse of in Christmas Town.

Oz - Oz, the Great and the Powerful
Despite mixed reviews, Oz was a hit. The reason why I want this as a world is the same with Frozen, atmosphere. Oz is a magical realm filled with a unique vibe and detail. It also incorporates a great amount of action and adventure that will surely compliment the game's genre and story.

Middle East/Duckburg - DuckTales the Movie:Treasure of the Lost Lamp
The "Agrabah" of Kingdom Hearts 3. With Uncle Scrooge and the Duck brothers already made appearances, it makes sense to finally tell their story as well as pay homage to one of the greatest cartoons of all time.

Asgard/Jotunheim - Thor
I am quite adamant in my disapproval of Marvel/Star Wars property in this game but even I admit Asgard is f****** beautiful and the lore of the film is perfect for what a KH world should be just as long as we don't go to "Earth" or have anything to do with that planet

The Jungle - Jungle Book
This world's been having a bad rap since the original game. It almost had its chance to appear in Birth By Sleep but was scrapped in the last minute. We know its time to let this world finally shine espcially how its a staple to incorporate some form of "jungle world."

Returning Worlds

100 Acre Woods - Winnie the Pooh
Now, we've been coming back a lot. Why having one more trip is necessary is that we never truly follow the actual story. There's plenty more content to give reason to find five more pages. To name one of the few ideas: Hefflalumps and Woozles.

Port Royal - Pirates of the Caribbean
A given, considering the immense popularity of the sequels primarily Davy Jones.

Mirage Arena
Considering how repetitive Olympus Coliseum has become, it wouldn't be a surprise if Mirage Arena becomes the prominent world to host tournament battles. Not to mention following the intended story Nomura wanted before it was scrapped due to Dissidia 012.

Keyblade Graveyard
A Given

The Realm of Darkness
Again, A Given

Honorable Mentions
These are worlds that have potential in appearing but I am not particularly fond of:
Agrabah: Yup...King of Thieves story arc
Pocahontas: It wasn't my favorite film and while it has potential I'm fond with the idea
Dumbo: I can see the trio going into a circus.
Black Cauldron: There is huge potential with this especially because it contains one of the darkness villains of all time.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Why would a Frozen world be calle Arendelle? Is that the official name of the kingdom?

Either way, that's a great list with maybe the exception of Asgard. Marvel, while thematically not a bad fit with thor would just be weird.

Awards

Why would a Frozen world be calle Arendelle? Is that the official name of the kingdom?

Either way, that's a great list with maybe the exception of Asgard. Marvel, while thematically not a bad fit with thor would just be weird.
Yep thats the name of the kingdom in Frozen.

Back