• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Xigbar mention Roxas' similarity to Ventus?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GumGum

I mean, he clearly remembered Ventus since that's who he saw when he looked at Xion, so it's a little weird that he didn't say anything considering Roxas and Ventus they had the exact same appearance and voice.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I mean, he clearly remembered Ventus since that's who he saw when he looked at Xion, so it's a little weird that he didn't say anything considering Roxas and Ventus they had the exact same appearance and voice.

No one ever asked, and Xigbar had no reason to tell Roxas anything. The less he knew, the better.

Korai

Awards
Xemnas probably filled Xigbar in about Roxas beforehand and told him not to say anything. Like sign said, the less Roxas and others knew, the better.
Axel and Saix probably just forgot about ventus since they had only met him once for like an hour 10 years earlier.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Xemnas probably filled Xigbar in about Roxas beforehand and told him not to say anything. Like sign said, the less Roxas and others knew, the better.
Axel and Saix probably just forgot about ventus since they had only met him once for like an hour 10 years earlier.

Well Xigbar mentioned the look that Sora gave him, which reminded him of Ventus.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As already pointed out, that Xigbar kept quiet towards Roxas and most of the other Org members (I guess this involves everyone but Xemnas) for the sake of their goals.

Not to mention that Roxas was already a highly confused kid even without that.
That doesn't stop him though from commenting extensively on it in the secret Reports, where he muses on the subject two times:

Secret Reports said:
[h=3]Day 117: Him and Roxas[/h] Author: Xigbar

Roxas is maturing at an impressive rate. His face, the way he handles the Keyblade, it's all exactly the same. The worlds seem so divided and alone, but there's always that steady thread there to connect them. And we Nobodies can never escape the things we did as humans. So it goes.

[h=3]Day 256: Who We Each See[/h] Author: Xigbar

Xion's disappearance is fascinating. If she really is breaking from our control, it's a sign of her approaching the essence of the hero. It seems Saïx doesn't truly "see" her. I'm curious to know how she appears to the others. I see her as...him, though I suspect that Xemnas sees entirely something else in her.

Rii

Awards
I don't think that those journal entries(at least the first one) are talking about his similarities to Ven. Because Roxas and Ven aren't similar in the slightest when it comes to the way they handle their Keyblades.

Korai

Awards
If memory serves right in Xemnas' report he comments on how he sometimes sees her as Sora.
that sounds familiar to me too, but I actually think it was Saix speculating on what Xemnas might see, I have all the reports on my DS, I'll check them in a bit

Gram

Banned
Awards
that sounds familiar to me too, but I actually think it was Saix speculating on what Xemnas might see, I have all the reports on my DS, I'll check them in a bit

It's better to check online since the reports aren't attributed to the author in the game.

Korai

Awards
Day 255: Final Stages
Author: Xemnas
Xion's appearance should vary based on the relation of the viewer to her. Saïx sees her simply as a puppet. The Program approaches completion. Through Roxas, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade. As proof, she sometimes appears to take on his form to my eyes.
Here it is.
Turns out it was Xemnas, he does see Sora

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, I thought that sounded familiar to me too.

So every scene in which xemnas and xion are in the same room, imagine Soras face on her.

Okay, weird still.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I thought that sounded familiar to me too.

So every scene in which xemnas and xion are in the same room, imagine Soras face on her.

Okay, weird still.
Even weirder if you imagine the entire org in a room and they each see something different on her face. x'D

The only two that seemed to see the 'real' black haired kairi face was Roxas and Axel and axel didn't see it till later. Up till then Axel's report commented that he seen her as namine.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Xemnas also didn't always see her as Sora, as he clearly says "sometimes" in his report and Nomura confirmed that Xemnas actually sometimes sees "Xion" as herself, but sometimes also sees Ventus.

Famitsu July 3 said:
–Xion’s appearance changes depending on the relationship of the person looking at her. It seems that when that relationship changes, she changes.

Nomura: The figure Roxas sees is the same as what the player sees, but for example, when Xigbar and Saix see her, her figure is different. At first some people thought it was unnatural she would be wearing a hood and then not in the same scene, but I think you come to understand it as you advance through the game. People connected with a certain person see Xion as ‘Xion’. In the case of Xemnas, since he is connected to various people, he basically sees ‘Xion’, however sometimes he sees ‘him’. Who ‘he’ is, I want you to confirm it on your own. Xigbar also sees ‘him’.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Xemnas also didn't always see her as Sora, as he clearly says "sometimes" in his report and Nomura confirmed that Xemnas actually sometimes sees "Xion" as herself, but sometimes also sees Ventus.

I had forgotten about that, I knew he didn't always see her as sora but not that he seen her as herself to.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I think that somewhat correlates with her gaining her own sense of identity, but I could be wrong there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I had forgotten about that, I knew he didn't always see her as sora but not that he seen her as herself to.

I guess it's because as Nomura says, Xemnas is connected to various people. After all, it was Apprentice Xehanort (whose memories Xemnas does have) who threw Kairi into the sea of the worlds and Xion's own appearance is based on Sora's memories of Kairi.
That Xemnas sees her occasionally as Ventus should be not that surprising, same goes for Sora.

It would be interesting though to know when Xemnas sees Xion either as herself, Ventus or Sora and what triggers the change of his perception of her.

I think that somewhat correlates with her gaining her own sense of identity, but I could be wrong there.

That may play into it as well of course, despite her own appearance based off from KH 1-Kairi, once Xion creates her own memories and her heart grows, the "black haired Kairi" becomes her own appearance she identifies herself with.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Funnily enough, I never thought Xion ever looked like KH-Kairi with black hair. I think, sort of like Roxas with Sora, her face is more consistently Identical to KH2 Kairi, despite real Kairi likely looking so much younger then.

Compare that with COM Namine, who I can believably see as identical to KH1 Kairi, aside from being blonde and having blonde eyebrows. No problem there.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I guess it's because as Nomura says, Xemnas is connected to various people. After all, it was Apprentice Xehanort (whose memories Xemnas does have) who threw Kairi into the sea of the worlds and Xion's own appearance is based on Sora's memories of Kairi.
That Xemnas sees her occasionally as Ventus should be not that surprising, same goes for Sora.

It would be interesting though to know when Xemnas sees Xion either as herself, Ventus or Sora and what triggers the change of his perception of her.
That makes sense, through the apprentice he'd see her as herself, through terra he'd see ven and because he's fought sora he'd see him as well.

Maybe it depends on what memories within her are strongest at the moment?

I remember once, while playing days, that if you talk to Xigbar in the grey room on one of the days he's there he comments that Xion has a "face of an angel". Does this mean Xigbar also possibly seen her as both herself as well as ven at varying times like Xemnas or since it was a comment in the grey room/hub of the game should it not be taken to seriously?

Korai

Awards
That makes sense, through the apprentice he'd see her as herself, through terra he'd see ven and because he's fought sora he'd see him as well.

Maybe it depends on what memories within her are strongest at the moment?

I remember once, while playing days, that if you talk to Xigbar in the grey room on one of the days he's there he comments that Xion has a "face of an angel". Does this mean Xigbar also possibly seen her as both herself as well as ven at varying times like Xemnas or since it was a comment in the grey room/hub of the game should it not be taken to seriously?
I'm playing through this game right now, and I'm about halfway through. I ALWAYS talk to everyone in the grey room, and so far he hasn't said anything like that. I'll let you know if he does say this at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back