• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best way to use BP for Lux?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluberryStar

Awards
I wanna ask you guys about collecting LUX by keeping up chains in battling Raid bosses.
We all know that the BP that we have isn't enough to finish the raid boss,
and waiting for it to fill 1 BP will take a painstaking wait of 15 minutes.
Then all we need to rely on is teamwork and collect as many LUX as we can.
The problem is, how do we use the BP efficiently so that we can collect more LUX?
How do we spend it? should we keep up a long chain to get more LUX by using 1 BP (which i know will only give you little LUX) thus saving more BP,
or should we just spend 3 BP (which will give you a lot of LUX) all at once but can only keep a short chain?
Which will give you more LUX? and points to beat the other team...
sorry if this question is too long...

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Walkthrough Help

I wanna ask you guys about collecting LUX by keeping up chains in battling Raid bosses.
The problem is, how do we use the BP efficiently so that we can collect more LUX?
How do we spend it? should we keep up a long chain to get more LUX by using 1 BP (which i know will only give you little LUX) thus saving more BP,
or should we just spend 3 BP (which will give you a lot of LUX) all at once but can only keep a short chain?
I think 3 BP at once is the best. I heard 2 persons can't make a chain so you need your team anyway. And 3 at once gives you more lux.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This is a really interesting question so I'm going to split it into a different thread.

Typically I use them up 3 at a time. The only time I use less is if when I'm just about to level up and I have no other ways to replenish it so that I could use 3.

CutiePique

Awards

This is a really interesting question so I'm going to split it into a different thread.

Typically I use them up 3 at a time. The only time I use less is if when I'm just about to level up and I have no other ways to replenish it so that I could use 3.

Same. I also use up whatever BP I have when there's 1h30m before Lux Up time, because it will all come back by Lux Up time. (Also, I always try to use my five daily support BP before digging into my Ethers if I want to replenish a BP or two for a x4 attack. Just as a related note.)

BluberryStar

Awards
So that's where my question gone to...
I've been wondering where it went and thought it didn't get uploaded because of a glitch XD
didn't know you went all the trouble to make this as a new thread Sign, so thank you :)
this really helped me...

so far I've been using 1 BP just to lengthen the time provided to make the chain going,
but I found out that it didn't help at all -_- (the chain got cut off...)
so I tried using 3 BP whenever possible... but sometimes no one is there to continue the chain and I'm all out of BP.
Breaks my heart every time it got cut off... so I sometimes use the ether just to keep the chain going.
But I guess it didn't really help since this week's Vulpes' Lux is slowed down...
btw, what happens when you keep a really long chain? I know it didn't give the player extra Lux, but it defeats the raid boss much faster.
Will it give you extra prizes??

Anyway, someone brilliant posted this on KH Walkthrough Help I just had to post this :)
I've been doing pretty well in this game, having finished 75th last week. So for those of you struggling to make LUX, I'll throw together some quick pointers :)

Gaining LUX

- Always attack with 3BP unless absolutely necessary. Use fewer BP only for one of two reasons: You're just about to level up, and are sitting on some unused BP (I'd still advise waiting to use 3), or to keep a chain going.

- Assist cards give both HP and LUX%. Both of these stats will increase your LUX gain to a point. HP means you live for more attacks, and LUX% means more LUX gained. I've noticed that past a point, surviving the attacks of the boss becomes meaningless, as the battle will end despite you still being alive after a certain amount of attacks.

- LUX UP TIME!!

Damage = LUX
Damage dealt increases LUX gained, so if you're struggling with your damage output there are a few things you can do:

- Attack later in the bosses lifespan when the CHAIN is higher

- Use boost cards where possible - so right now the R+ Brave Sora, SR+ King Mickey, and any of the Atlantica/Sora form cards gained through raise draws

- Use the keyblade the boss is weak to (there's an image of it in the bottom right corner on raidboss page)

- If you have more than one full hand worth of strong cards, use the colour that best synergises with the current bosses keyblade weakness. So right now, GREEN type cards are the best to have in your hand

- Always use the 3BP attack option!

- Limit cut your cards! Even R+ cards become quite powerful if the limit cut and max level are achieved. Don't always judge a card by its initial damage or uncut max level damage either! For instance, Riku and Tidus cards tend to have low base and uncut max level damage, but gain significantly after being cut, usually outdoing other cards

Tips

- Save your BP for LUX UP if it's close. They recharge at 15mins per BP, so 1:15 before the LUX UP time starts, only use your free attack on bosses.

- Try to time a level up with LUX UP time if possible. You will gain 5BP with a level up. So aim for:
Free attack, 3BP attack, ether if possible, 3BP attack (2 if no ether available), level up, 3BP attack, ether if possible, 3BP attack (2 if no either)

- Use the BP gifting option (bottom of screen, left green button) to gift up to 5BP to allies, and also gaining them yourself. DON'T SPAM THE BUTTON OR YOU WONT GET THE BP! I suggest using these one at a time to get a full 3BP

- Remember to let someone else attack after you so you can utilise the CHAIN on all of your attacks! Attacking twice consecutively will lower your damage!

- If your team are currently in first place, your LUX gains will be slower than other people, who will gain up to 1.5x LUX. This can't be helped, so perhaps it would be wise to stockpile ethers and try for a higher place the following week :)

I hope this helps some of you out! :)

Tigerruss

Awards
I think 3 BP at once is the best. I heard 2 persons can't make a chain so you need your team anyway. And 3 at once gives you more lux.
In week one, one of the few people in my team that actually was active mostly used 1 BP attacks to perpetuate chains. (within the last 30 seconds before the combo dies) And quite a few times we built up the chain count without a third person helping. So, unless it got patched out, you can build chains with just two people. Though sadly you can just reset the chain timer if you have no one else helping. Like lets say I was the last person to attack and the chain was 20. I choose to attack again when 30 seconds are left, the countdown until the chain dies is reset and the chain is still at 20.

And yes, since damage generally equals LUX, using 3BP attacks are almost always the best move. (if you only care about your own LUX gains) Though the guide did mention the exception of LUX up times, it didn't mention the day end variables. Depending on you and your team, it might be more advantagous to spend all BP before days end, or save it. If your team instantly kills low level raid bosses, try to use up all your BP before then, for you probably won't get anything other than the free attack in for each raid boss you face. And if your team doesn't instantly kill those low level raid bosses, consider saving BP like with LUX up times, since you may or may not get more LUX gains from attacking the weaker raid-bosses. (you might need to experiment a little bit)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back