• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Nomura Interview with Edge-Online!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think the concept of a 3 on 3 battle sounds awesome, but a really good 3 on 3, not the minions like Lock, Shock, and Barrel or Shenzi, Bonzai, and Ed. However, which one of the 3 (SDG) is honestly gonna beat up on Gothel??? I can't see anything of them hitting her haha

Agreed it should be better then one of does. Hehe true, maybe they can get Rapunzel to help. Personally I want her on my Team anyways and not Flyn. Just imagine her beating up heartless with her frying pan and hair. It would be awesome.

The characters being a bridge is obvious, but I was thinking more a long the lines of what if after Xehanort was done, a few years passed with no conflict (not many since we don't want everyone getting TOO old) and then another enemy rose up. The new plot doesn't have to develop from within the Xehanort saga, that's kind of what I mean.

However, I will admit, that Gandalf quote at the end sounds really cool since that would make it seem like the whole Xehanort saga was just a piece of cake compared to what's about to come.

Well I still would like it to have been hinted at a little before hand. Also I don't really want a time skip, we've spent so little time with the 15y old Sora. Also I just can't see them aging him beyond his teens.

I like the idea of the SoD saga only being the beginning or even the catalyst that starts the events for the next saga to unfold, though that would probably lead big to a cliffhanger ending.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Agreed it should be better then one of does. Hehe true, maybe they can get Rapunzel to help. Personally I want her on my Team anyways and not Flyn. Just imagine her beating up heartless with her frying pan and hair. It would be awesome.

I think a Tangled world is a very delicate world that SE needs to handle with care. The reason being Tangled is probably (actually, it is no doubt) Disney's biggest movie in the past decade with Rapunzel already ascending to the popularity of around Ariel and Belle, who are the 2 timeless Disney princesses who have always been the most popular. On top of that, the movie did so well and so many Tangled fans (and believe me, there are a lot of them) would want respect out of a Tangled world more than any other world.

Another thing is that I think the movie Tangled had too many good fighters lol between Rapunzel with her pan, Flynn with his anything (he can fight), and Maximus, I don't know who I want to be fighting alongside. I really hope they can manage to make the world successful.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think a Tangled world is a very delicate world that SE needs to handle with care. The reason being Tangled is probably (actually, it is no doubt) Disney's biggest movie in the past decade with Rapunzel already ascending to the popularity of around Ariel and Belle, who are the 2 timeless Disney princesses who have always been the most popular. On top of that, the movie did so well and so many Tangled fans (and believe me, there are a lot of them) would want respect out of a Tangled world more than any other world.

Another thing is that I think the movie Tangled had too many good fighters lol between Rapunzel with her pan, Flynn with his anything (he can fight), and Maximus, I don't know who I want to be fighting alongside. I really hope they can manage to make the world successful.

I didn't realize Tangled was that popular. It's good to see Rapunzel being so well received. Personally I think that give us even more reason to have her play the more prominent role. I'm pretty sure SE would know how to handle a Tangled world, they do tend to treat the movies their worlds are based on with respect. I also think a world based on that movie would be really gorgeous.

Well that is true. It would be nice if they'd add more than just 1 guest party members per world that way we could have Rapunzel and Flynn as guest party members. This is something I'm actually hoping for quite a few worlds they might use like the Incredibles and Wreck-It Ralph to name a few.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
A Tangled world would look awful on the PS4 due to Rapunzel's hair. I don't believe they'll do it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
A Tangled world would look awful on the PS4 due to Rapunzel's hair. I don't believe they'll do it.
How? How does that make any sense at all?

The PS4 is graphically powerful and her hair will look fine, if not better.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not sure what PS4 would have to do with Rapunzel's hair. The fact that the PS4 has more power means they can render it with less issue than they would have before. Disney had to make a program just for rendering the lighting in her hair and animate it separately from her model in the film, but SE wouldn't be doing half of the things they had to do with her hair in the film in the game. What Disney did was, rather than animate 100k strands of hair they took 100 tubes and animated the motions between the 100 tubes. The difficulties lied in the shadows and lighting on her hair, and the overall length.

Since Square Enix has Luminous, they should have it easy when it comes to lighting. The engine will do it for them, but I think the difficulty will stem in rendering the length and making it move in her hands. Of course, if Square Enix can make large things like say Leviathan or Noctis on those buildings crashing into each other on DirectX 11, they should be able to do something like Rapunzel's hair on both DX11 and Luminous.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
How? How does that make any sense at all?

The PS4 is graphically powerful and her hair will look fine, if not better.

Not sure what PS4 would have to do with Rapunzel's hair. The fact that the PS4 has more power means they can render it with less issue than they would have before. Disney had to make a program just for rendering the lighting in her hair and animate it separately from her model in the film, but SE wouldn't be doing half of the things they had to do with her hair in the film in the game. What Disney did was, rather than animate 100k strands of hair they took 100 tubes and animated the motions between the 100 tubes. The difficulties lied in the shadows and lighting on her hair, and the overall length.

Since Square Enix has Luminous, they should have it easy when it comes to lighting. The engine will do it for them, but I think the difficulty will stem in rendering the length and making it move in her hands. Of course, if Square Enix can make large things like say Leviathan or Noctis on those buildings crashing into each other on DirectX 11, they should be able to do something like Rapunzel's hair on both DX11 and Luminous.

Not gonna happen. Everyone can create realistic hair, but it takes a powerhouse to render them in real-time. Hair simulation is incredibly complex and one of the most power hungry part of CGI graphics. That's why we have countless heroes which are bald, have a hat on or wear a rubber band etc etc. Not even high end PCs can handle it. It's a very easy compromise to make when you need every bit of power the system has to offer. There are starting to put some effort in it but it's not even close to what it should be. Disney/Pixar managed to master realistic hair at the last minute in 2010 and that's with super-computers and not in real-time. The PS4 will not be able to handle this, and since the movie is all about her fluid, realistic hair, the inclusion would be unpleasant-looking. Same goes for Merida.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Not gonna happen. Everyone can create realistic hair, but it takes a powerhouse to render them in real-time. Hair simulation is incredibly complex and one of the most power hungry part of CGI graphics. That's why we have countless heroes which are bald, have a hat on or wear a rubber band etc etc. Not even high end PCs can handle it. It's a very easy compromise to make when you need every bit of power the system has to offer. There are starting to put some effort in it but it's not even close to what it should be. Disney/Pixar managed to master realistic hair at the last minute in 2010 and that's with super-computers and not in real-time. The PS4 will not be able to handle this, and since the movie is all about her fluid, realistic hair, the inclusion would be unpleasant-looking. Same goes for Merida.

Well it's not like there wasn't a Tangled game before and I'm pretty sure SE can do the hair animation better than that game did. Also I don't see why the hair should be an issue with Merida seeing it wasn't a focus at all in her movie at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol pretty sure if this awful looking game could make her hair work on the Wii and for low-end PCs no less (albiet they made her hair one long sheet and it looks like crap rofl), 100% certain SE can do it, make it look like hair and with proper lighting, and keep the processing power required to render it in real-time down to a minimum. There are many different shortcuts that can be taken to do these things and if there is one thing SE is good at, it is accomplishing the impossible and pushing the limits of a console.

Also SE wouldn't try to go for Pixar's hyper-realistic look with five shades of red for Merida's hair if they had a Brave world. They'd simplify it, and then use tricks to make it look close enough. They don't need every curl to bounce and move in the wind.

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Lol pretty sure if this awful looking game could make her hair work on the Wii and for low-end PCs no less (albiet they made her hair one long sheet and it looks like crap rofl), 100% certain SE can do it, make it look like hair and with proper lighting, and keep the processing power required to render it in real-time down to a minimum. There are many different shortcuts that can be taken to do these things and if there is one thing SE is good at, it is accomplishing the impossible and pushing the limits of a console.

Also SE wouldn't try to go for Pixar's hyper-realistic look with five shades of red for Merida's hair if they had a Brave world. They'd simplify it, and then use tricks to make it look close enough. They don't need every curl to bounce and move in the wind.

I am not saying they can't do something like the Wii game did (which was awful as you said). Sure they could make Rapunzel's hair a big flexible cylinder or a long piece of cloth with added textures on them. If they can make it realistic enough just be using similar techniques to that then I take my hat off to them. But if they can't find a way around the problem, unrealistic animation and simulation tend to take you out of the game. Imagine having CGI-like characters on screen (Sora, Donald, Goofy) interact with a character whose hair looks unnatural. Rapunzel also has the disadvantage that she was a CGI character to begin with. You know how she is supposed to look. With character from hand drawn animation you expect them to be different and their hair wasn't realistic to begin with. But you (subconsciously) expect to see Rapunzel as you know her, or a pretty close version of her.

Anyway, I am fascinated by realistic hair in CG and not having something similar in a Tangled world would be incredibly off-putting to me. I understand that a lot of other people may not care as much.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Anyway, I am fascinated by realistic hair in CG and not having something similar in a Tangled world would be incredibly off-putting to me. I understand that a lot of other people may not care as much.

If you think a Tangled world would be bad because of her hair, Disney already provided a solution in the form of little girls that can braid lol

2618096_1334714385644.75res_500_287.jpg

I don't think Rapunzel's original hair is all that great for fighting since people would definitely step on it, and if she is using a pan for a weapon, she doesn't need her hair to fight so why not have it braided?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back