• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could there be a Shibuya world in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuccojenkins

In dream drop distance at the end to the 2nd visit to traverse town Neku says see you in shibuya to sora, sora then says its a promise. Is it a possibility that a shibuya world could be in khIII? It would be kind of cool if sora became part of the rg because of his keyblade, or buying accesories and items from ramen don and Mr. Hanekoma's shop.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Could there be a shibuya world in khIII?

With the possibility of a TWEWY 2 I took it more to mean we'll see Sora(and maybe a few others) make a cameo there since they have alternate universes and KH avoids incorporating worlds from other Square games.

Cuccojenkins

Well they couldn't put kingdom hearts characters in dissidia 012 because they said they would need disney's permission.
It would be cool though to see sora make a small cameo in twewy 2.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Nomura did say he's hoping to surprise people with some of the Worlds, and DDD definitely surprised people with the inclusion of the TWEWY cast, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm just not sure how they would incorporate it into the story, all things considered. The Games are supposed to last a week or more, right? That's one ~long~ world to play through. On the other hand, it would coincide thematically seeing as TWEWY is all about getting a chance at redemption and a second life; Sora is searching for a way to bring back those who are suffering and need a second chance, so it could definitely work on that level. (I'm like totally the first person to ever suggest this, lol yeah no)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well they couldn't put kingdom hearts characters in dissidia 012 because they said they would need disney's permission.
It would be cool though to see sora make a small cameo in twewy 2.

Just to clear things up, it wasn't the original Kingdom Hearts characters that Disney objected to when Square Enix pitched the concept of the original Dissidia (which was meant to be a KH title); it was their own. With the violence of Dissidia's combat, they didn't want to have their beloved childhood characters involved in the onslaught. Because of that, Dissidia moved over to become a Final Fantasy title instead.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I find it more likely that we'll see Kingdom Hearts characters in TWEWY2, making cameos in their own "Another Day" story rather than a Shibuya in KH3. Mainly because I feel like it'd cause a lot of HD TWEWY game baiting if there was a world in KH3 (because imagine it'd look so god damn gorgeous and Takeharu Ishimoto's music in HD and exploring the different districts and ugh Death God's Pad would look AMAZING in HD)

I would love to see one, but it isn't high on my list of possibilities. If it happens, god bless and I'll probably be jumping off the moon for weeks. If it doesn't, lol not even bothered.

(Also JUST to be sure it is clear to everybody, the Shibuya in KH is an alternate reality, removed from the main story TWEWY universe just like Another Day takes place in an alternate reality apart from the main story TWEWY universe.)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm pretty much in line with the majority of those who believe KH would appear in TWEWY2 as opposed to Shibuya in KH3. I don't mind either circumstance, I just think it would be more fitting in TWEWY2 since they could have a Another Day like scenario again and on top of that, IF Shibuya was included in KH, that would pretty much be asking for fans to rage and demand worlds from every FF game since it opens up the "world possibilities" from being just new original worlds or Disney.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm pretty much in line with the majority of those who believe KH would appear in TWEWY2 as opposed to Shibuya in KH3. I don't mind either circumstance, I just think it would be more fitting in TWEWY2 since they could have a Another Day like scenario again and on top of that, IF Shibuya was included in KH, that would pretty much be asking for fans to rage and demand worlds from every FF game since it opens up the "world possibilities" from being just new original worlds or Disney.

You seem to forget the fundamental difference between the TWEWY-cast and the FF cameos in KH regarding the worlds though.

With the former, it was explicitly stated that a "Shibuya" exists within the KH Universe, most likely another "another day-version" as Spockanort stated, however with the latter it was explicitly stated that they are NOT the same as the characters from the FF games and the worlds of the FF games itself do not exist in the KH Universe. In the KH Universe, Tidus and Wakka were born and raised on Destiny Islands, there exists no Spira to visit, same goes for all the other FF cameos.

Alpha Sonix

I'd love to see TWEWY using the Kingdom Shader so while I would want it in KH3, I'm not getting my hopes up. I wouldn't mind even if it wasn't there though I do feel as if they deserved more screen time in DDD than they got.

kupo1121

Awards
You seem to forget the fundamental difference between the TWEWY-cast and the FF cameos in KH regarding the worlds though.

With the former, it was explicitly stated that a "Shibuya" exists within the KH Universe, most likely another "another day-version" as Spockanort stated, however with the latter it was explicitly stated that they are NOT the same as the characters from the FF games and the worlds of the FF games itself do not exist in the KH Universe. In the KH Universe, Tidus and Wakka were born and raised on Destiny Islands, there exists no Spira to visit, same goes for all the other FF cameos.

I do remember that Shibuya was stated to be a real world, but visiting it would be another thing. We don't know where Cloud and Sephiroth came from in KH, Cloud could be from Nibelheim for all we know (I don't think they'll ever state it), but if you visited Shibuya in KH, I think that allows many other possible worlds to be visited, even if we don't know of their existence that's all :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I do remember that Shibuya was stated to be a real world, but visiting it would be another thing. We don't know where Cloud and Sephiroth came from in KH, Cloud could be from Nibelheim for all we know (I don't think they'll ever state it), but if you visited Shibuya in KH, I think that allows many other possible worlds to be visited, even if we don't know of their existence that's all :)

Cloud is from Radiant Garden, like the other VII-characters and Leon and the "Sephiroth" we see in the KH series isn't even confirmed to be the "real" Sephiroth at all.
Besides, Nomura himself stated that the FF characters in KH do not come from their Final Fantasy-world counterparts but from original or Disney worlds way back when KH 1 came out, so anything "Niebelheim" or similar things is out of the question.

kupo1121

Awards
Cloud is from Radiant Garden, like the other VII-characters and Leon and the "Sephiroth" we see in the KH series isn't even confirmed to be the "real" Sephiroth at all.
Besides, Nomura himself stated that the FF characters in KH do not come from their Final Fantasy-world counterparts but from original or Disney worlds way back when KH 1 came out, so anything "Niebelheim" or similar things is out of the question.

Oh, I did not know Cloud was from RG, my mistake ^_^ Nomura's statement only applies to the currently existing ones and not those that could appear in the future, not to mention he could always go back on that statement.

RadiantDarkBlaze

I think KH3 should have a Shibuya in it, because it would be nice if Sora could be shown fulfilling his promise, and I'm pretty sure that the Twewy Shibuya and the KH Shibuya are different, meaning that KH cameos in Twewy 2 would be difficult to pull off (except in a "Another Day" style thing). They could probably have something with Xehanort successfully killing Sora and co. off somehow.... in Shibuya. Cue Reaper's Game with Neku and co. involved as well. Catching Xehanort off-guard when Sora and co. reappear later. Also gives a good storyline excuse to have a really long world to play through. Just my thoughts though. (But poor Neku and co. if that happens! They already went through having their world flat-out destroyed while they were presumably in the middle of a Reapers' Game and just probably a whole lot in general! At least Sora and co. would be with them the whole time that time around. That would probably make things more fun and easy for them. (Would give Sora (and thus us) a chance to fight some Noise (in KH), probably, lol)).

axel95

Awards
While I would love to see Shibuya in KH3, it probably won't happen. I'm with Master Spockanort, if it's there great! If it's not, no big deal.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While I would love to see Shibuya in KH3, it probably won't happen. I'm with Master Spockanort, if it's there great! If it's not, no big deal.

agreed, not outside the realms of possibility but highly unlikely. its a shame that the series is restricted to disney and original worlds only

kupo1121

Awards
agreed, not outside the realms of possibility but highly unlikely. its a shame that the series is restricted to disney and original worlds only

I don't think that's a shame at all. While it is unfortunate during some times like this where many people would like to see Shibuya in KH, there aren't many instances like Shibuya in my opinion to call it a "shame." Just my 2 cents lol

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I would really appreciate it if they did include Shibuya, I really liked the character and would like to see them again. Also I think with DDD they already opened pretty much broke down the limitation of only FF and Disney character and wolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back