• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH1's early drafts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Is there anything we are sure we know about them? I keep seeing "Chernabog was meant to be the final boss" , "the princesses played a bigger role",and "Kairi wasn't originally in the first draft" thrown around, but I'm not sure what the source is.

Last edited:

State

Awards
Re: Kh1's early drafts.

One thing we know for sure is that Sora was supposed to be a hybrid between a human and a cat and the Keyblade was more of a chainsaw than what it is now.

Bhunivelze

Donald was actually planned to be the protagonist but Nomura changed it to Sora who was originally a cat-man hybrid with a chainsaw sword who was just a support character.(as above mentioned)

I'm pretty sure Kairi wasn't meant to be in the game at first either.

State

Awards

Donald was actually planned to be the protagonist but Nomura changed it to Sora who was originally a cat-man hybrid with a chainsaw sword who was just a support character.(as above mentioned)

I'm pretty sure Kairi wasn't meant to be in the game at first either.

These bits of early concept are news to me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, SE and Disney couldn't come to an agreement about who should star. One wanted Mickey and the other wanted Donald, and in the end they came to a compromise with neither in favor of an original character.

Kairi not meant to be included is also one that I've heard thrown around in the community, particularly by those who aren't all too fond of her. I've never seen it stated by an official source though.

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards

Well thank God KH is how it is now. I don't know if I'd ever like it if it was like you guys describe.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Throughout the years we've gotten bits and pieces of KH information in its early days, usually in the Ultimanias. Some of the information is buried somewhere but does exist while there's some that doesn't seem to really have a source but has caught on through the fandom anyway. There was a KH trivia thread that had interesting little tidbits like how Kairi was originally just going to be called "Kai" but Nomura thought it too masculine so he went down a list until he found "-ri", liked how it sounded and just stuck it on and, Donald and Goofy were going to sing a song during the tutorial to teach Sora (and the audience) how to do stuff, and a male Disney counter part to each of the PoHs were supposed to go with Sora to help rescue them.

That topic needs to be resurrected. ;~;

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yes it does ;A;

But right now there's too much news to post trivia ;~;

State

Awards

and a male Disney counter part to each of the PoHs were supposed to go with Sora to help rescue them.
That would have been awesome.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
BRING THE TRIVIA BACK! I cannot be the only one who thought of that. Don't get me wrong, I understand that the trivia was meant during news droughts, but now with the consistent KH3 news, don't tell me the trivia won't return until next year O_O

P.S. I agree that the princes going along with Sora is one of the best decisions since putting cheese on sliced bread and grilling it. Got a glimpse of that with Phillip in Aqua's storyline and it was glorious.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We just need to figure out how to properly schedule the posts. Between the unpredictable news updates, member-submitted editorials, trivia and concept art (remember when we did those? neither do i), it's hard to get a bit of everything in.

Trivia is definitely coming back though, especially after all of your feedback in here! It'd be shameful to keep it from you.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
We just need to figure out how to properly schedule the posts. Between the unpredictable news updates, member-submitted editorials, trivia and concept art (remember when we did those? neither do i), it's hard to get a bit of everything in.

Trivia is definitely coming back though, especially after all of your feedback in here! It'd be shameful to keep it from you.

If it takes awhile to come back up, you could always just PM me once a week Sign some new trivia haha I wouldn't mind lol

P.S. The best trivia so far has been the Kurt Zisa name thing, does anyone have a picture of that guy? I've always wanted to know what he looked like haha

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If it takes awhile to come back up, you could always just PM me once a week Sign some new trivia haha I wouldn't mind lol

P.S. The best trivia so far has been the Kurt Zisa name thing, does anyone have a picture of that guy? I've always wanted to know what he looked like haha

I've got a few picked out for the next one. Just need to talk it over with everyone in case there's one that we planned to post but completely forgot about.

And nope, sorry.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yes it would have. Though im glad they dropped the idea of donald and goofy singing songs during tutorials, lol
This. And it's news to me.

Well, with the singing bit, they wanted it to feel like Disney considering how Disney animated movies tend to be musicals, and the old animated shorts usually had a musical component to it.

All of our trivia so far can be found here: Features - Kingdom Hearts Insider
Yeah, but you have donald and goofy singing coupled with the track record of original musical numbers in this series, that probably would have come out like an interactive preschool program.

I am definitely gonna look over some of the trivia later.

Awards
I photoshopped this up as kind of a "what if". It's so strange to think if we got the original plans for Kingdom Hearts as the final product. So much would be different today.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I didn't add the chainsaw, this is kind of a mix of 3 early concept arts, some of which he had the Keyblade.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I photoshopped this up as kind of a "what if". It's so strange to think if we got the original plans for Kingdom Hearts as the final product. So much would be different today.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I didn't add the chainsaw, this is kind of a mix of 3 early concept arts, some of which he had the Keyblade.

Awesome photoshop work! It's so weird, but I like it quite a lot actually (the only thing I didn't like about the concept art, is Sora's hair). Brings up the question what Riku and Kairi would've looked like.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That photoshop really is amazing! o_0
I'm not to fond of the tail but that photoshop is so good I dont pay much attention to it. xD
Minus the tail I honestly wouldn't have minded if sora ended up like this.

Awesome photoshop work! It's so weird, but I like it quite a lot actually (the only thing I didn't like about the concept art, is Sora's hair). Brings up the question what Riku and Kairi would've looked like.
It does! coughkairiwould'vetotoallybeenamewmewesqueripoffcough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back