• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus's original homeworld to be in KH3 but it's a world we already know

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been wondering about it all this time, I know the Land of Departure is the homeworld of Keyblade Wielders/a training homeworld for Keyblade Wielders but where did Ven originally came from before he became a Keyblade Wielders? Terra and Aqua have never met him before until 4 years before the events of BBS (Sora was born during the time Master Xehanort arrived with Ven's comatose body in Destiny Island so Sora should be 4 years old during BBS)

So did Master Xehanort actually went to various worlds for an apprentice and found Ven in one of that world, make him a Keyblade Wielder and took him in as an apprentice. Just which homeworld did Ven originally came from?

And I know this sounds crazy but I had a feeling that Ventus original homeworld was actually Twilight Town and somewhat a coincidence that Roxas was born there right after Sora became a Heartless in KH1. Also, no one has mention this, why would Roxas born in Twilight Town? Why that world would be the birthplace of Roxas? And the abandoned Mansion, could it be Ven's home, perhaps? I'm just saying but who knows, it may ultimately be revealed in KH3 but I doubt it....although, it may happen?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Ventus's original homeworld to be in KH3 but it's a world we already know *Spoilers*

Well, this theory that Ven is originally from Twilight Town has been in circulation for around some time on the edges of the fandom, so you're surely not the first one to direct your thoughts in that direction.
Same goes for the old mansion idea actually.

The only thing we know for sure about Ven's past before Land of Depature is that Master Xehanort one day found him on his travels, recognized his potential and took him in as a Keyblade Apprentice.
There are some additional tidbits from the novels that say that Ventus is an orphan who never even met or saw his parents, but as with everything written in the novels this has to be taken into account with reservation.
Yet, I've also read theories already which combine all this information and assume that the Old mansion in Twilight Town might have been an orphanage once where Ven was situated as a little kid.

Why Roxas was born in Twilight Town however has an in-universe explanation as Nobodies are generally born in worlds that are situated in the Realm of in-between, and Twilight Town is such a world just like Castle Oblivion where Naminé was born.
It's random in which world a Nobody is born, the only prerequisite is that it's an in-between world.

So Roxas' birth in that world may have nothing to do with Ventus at all.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: Ventus's original homeworld to be in KH3 but it's a world we already know *Spoilers*

Why Roxas was born in Twilight Town however has an in-universe explanation as Nobodies are generally born in worlds that are situated in the Realm of in-between, and Twilight Town is such a world just like Castle Oblivion where Naminé was born.
It's random in which world a Nobody is born, the only prerequisite is that it's an in-between world.

So Roxas' birth in that world may have nothing to do with Ventus at all.

Is it ever explained why he appears specifically in front of the old mansion though? Or was that completely random? Because I never understood how Xemnas was able to find him to quickly after his birth unless he knew the "spawning point" of Nobodies in Twilight Town.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

ven coming from twilight town? never heard that theory before, but it does sound possible. also like the theory of the old mansion being an orphanage were xehanort found ventus

Gonzales95

Awards

If it's a world we already know, then ruling out a Disney world it must be Radiant Garden, Destiny Islands or Twilight Town. I'm going to go along with the Twilight Town theory, because we visited the other two in BBS and it surely would've come up and been mentioned in BBS. I'd never even thought about who exactly lived in the abandoned Mansion but it actually makes a lot of sense! It's not like humans don't live in Twilight Town as we saw in KH2.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Gotta admit though, Namine could've been born in CO for special reasons. There's no actually basis for this idea, but we're still talking a ridiculous birth circumstances and ridiculous world circumstances.

Is it ever explained why he appears specifically in front of the old mansion though? Or was that completely random? Because I never understood how Xemnas was able to find him to quickly after his birth unless he knew the "spawning point" of Nobodies in Twilight Town.

Probably just random. Although, it'd be pretty ironic if MX found Ven outside the mansion's gate.

Nayru's Love

Awards

It'd be even more ironic if Ven joined MX for arguably the same reason as Roxas's reason for joining the Org: Finding a purpose. MX would clearly exploit that desire, as every other Xehanort tends to do throughout history. This desire for a purpose would become part of Vanitas' character, too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Nope, not that I can recall, but I won't look to deep into that. Xemnas was said to be the strongest of all Nobodies and their leader, so it's entirely possible that he can sense when a new (human-shaped) Nobody is born.

If it's a world we already know, then ruling out a Disney world it must be Radiant Garden, Destiny Islands or Twilight Town. I'm going to go along with the Twilight Town theory, because we visited the other two in BBS and it surely would've come up and been mentioned in BBS. I'd never even thought about who exactly lived in the abandoned Mansion but it actually makes a lot of sense! It's not like humans don't live in Twilight Town as we saw in KH2.

Destiny Islands can also be ruled out since Master Xehanort comes from there and in his reports he states that he never went back to DI before dropping Ven off there to die. So he could not have found Ven on DI.

We cannot say however that just because we visited DI and RG in BBS that it automatically rules them out as Ven's homeworld (except for DI as explained above) since it was not important for the plot to know which Ven's original homeworld is, it didn't need to be mentioned or come up in BBS itself.

Gotta admit though, Namine could've been born in CO for special reasons. There's no actually basis for this idea, but we're still talking a ridiculous birth circumstances and ridiculous world circumstances.

Probably just random. Although, it'd be pretty ironic if MX found Ven outside the mansion's gate.

Of course, if you want to see a special reason in everything then yes, but there hasn't been any indication yet that there was anything special to Naminé's birth in that place and C.O. fullfills the conditions for a spawning location for Nobodies.
So until we get indicators that there might be more to it, I'll say go with the most easiest explanation available.

It would at least fit the series' shtick for having scenes and habits parallels so often, that's for sure.

It'd be even more ironic if Ven joined MX for arguably the same reason as Roxas's reason for joining the Org: Finding a purpose. MX would clearly exploit that desire, as every other Xehanort tends to do throughout history. This desire for a purpose would become part of Vanitas' character, too.

Well, I haven't yet read a full and accurate translation of the parts of the novels that detail Ven's background, but if the premise that he never knew his parents or even knows how they look like is taken into consideration, combined with a very timid and shy personality which stems from a low self-esteem and the further assumption that the orphanage might not have been the best place to live in Ventus as the little kid he was back then could have simply looked for a parental figure and/or someone to care for him.
We know that MX has plenty of good acting skills and I bet it would not be too difficult for him to impress and woo a little child, maybe also with the promises to show him other worlds.

Nayru's Love

Awards

Of course, if you want to see a special reason in everything then yes, but there hasn't been any indication yet that there was anything special to Naminé's birth in that place and C.O. fullfills the conditions for a spawning location for Nobodies.
So until we get indicators that there might be more to it, I'll say go with the most easiest explanation available.
Oh I certainly share the same sentiments. Just saiyan, though; I like to keep an eye over even just potential to speculate, given that there's enough potential.

Well, I haven't yet read a full and accurate translation of the parts of the novels that detail Ven's background, but if the premise that he never knew his parents or even knows how they look like is taken into consideration, combined with a very timid and shy personality which stems from a low self-esteem and the further assumption that the orphanage might not have been the best place to live in Ventus as the little kid he was back then could have simply looked for a parental figure and/or someone to care for him.
Could be the same thing, in a way; he'd want to exist in someone's life. Something to justify his existence.

We know that MX has plenty of good acting skills and I bet it would not be too difficult for him to impress and woo a little child, maybe also with the promises to show him other worlds.
Good acting skills, or Ven was just that desperate. Or both. Anything to justify following a suspicious old man and his crazy plans.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Oh I certainly share the same sentiments. Just saiyan, though; I like to keep an eye over even just potential to speculate, given that there's enough potential.

Could be the same thing, in a way; he'd want to exist in someone's life. Something to justify his existence.

Good acting skills, or Ven was just that desperate. Or both. Anything to justify following a suspicious old man and his crazy plans.

I see. Oh, I do recognize all those additional possibilities for speculation, I just prefer to keep the more hazy ones in the back of my head most of the time. ;)

It's definitely a psychological thing as almost all little children have this desire. Not ever having something like a parental figure and also being that desperate for affection could certainly also explain why Ventus is so clingy about Terra and Aqua in BBS.

Heh, considering that Ven had to be 10/11 when the heart-split incident happened and that he had to be MX's student for a while since he at least respected him as a teacher, he was probably even younger when MX found him and young kids normally do not tend to be that suspicious, so kid-Ven probably didn't see anything suspicious about MX at first.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
i could easily see a scenario were ventus came from a horrible and possibly abusive environment and immediatly accepted xehanort's offer to become xehanort's apprentice on the notion of leaving his terrible environment and getting to travel to other worlds.

since were discussing ventus' origins im kind of curious how aqua and terra came under eraqus care. did eraqus find them in other worlds like ven?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i could easily see a scenario were ventus came from a horrible and possibly abusive environment and immediatly accepted xehanort's offer to become xehanort's apprentice on the notion of leaving his terrible environment and getting to travel to other worlds.

since were discussing ventus' origins im kind of curious how aqua and terra came under eraqus care. did eraqus find them in other worlds like ven?

Eraqus chose to take up his Master's mantle and keep watch over the Land of Departure. With that responsibility, I don't imagine he'd have been able to take leave very often. It could be possible that he found Terra and Aqua in LoD itself.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Eraqus chose to take up his Master's mantle and keep watch over the Land of Departure. With that responsibility, I don't imagine he'd have been able to take leave very often. It could be possible that he found Terra and Aqua in LoD itself.

if he found terra and aqua in LOD, does that mean there is a population in that world beside eraqus and his apprentices?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
On the topic of Ven not reacting to either DI or RG, if I'm not mistaking he couldn't really react or comment. After all didn't he lose his memories of before coming under Eraques' care? Though as Sephiroth0812 pointed out, DI is disqualified by MX's report.
From the original worlds already introduced I think Twilight Town is the most likely.

As to how Eraques found Aqua and Terra I'm guessing he either found them as kids before he became the master of the castle or after while looking for pupils to carry on the traditions and mantel.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if LoD had other inhabitants, I don't think Aqua and Terra are from there. I wonder how old they were when they had the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony performed on them.

Gram

Banned
Awards

He may have found them before he took up his master's mantle as well. Like maybe he found them after gaining the master title but before taking the responsibility of guarding LoD.

He could've also have been lead to Terra and Aqua in the same fashion that Terra was lead to Riku.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
He may have found them before he took up his master's mantle as well. Like maybe he found them after gaining the master title but before taking the responsibility of guarding LoD.

He could've also have been lead to Terra and Aqua in the same fashion that Terra was lead to Riku.

Thats actually possible. He could of found him on his journies before becoming the guardian of LOD. I dont see how else Terra and Aqua came under Eraqus care as I highly doubt that there was a population in the LOD before its destruction.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Thats actually possible. He could of found him on his journies before becoming the guardian of LOD. I dont see how else Terra and Aqua came under Eraqus care as I highly doubt that there was a population in the LOD before its destruction.
I also highly doubt LoD had any population. Any type of civilizations or people there could potentially put the very land their meant to protect at risk plus from artwork and what we see in the actual game it seems to be a very lush and untouched world save the castle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I also highly doubt LoD had any population. Any type of civilizations or people there could potentially put the very land their meant to protect at risk plus from artwork and what we see in the actual game it seems to be a very lush and untouched world save the castle.

Exactly, all the more reason as to why aqua and terra were most likely born in another world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back