• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5 Contains II, Birth by Sleep and coded?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm also glad that Yoko mentioned that she will be rearranging the tracks for 2.5 with live instruments as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Where did you hear that? I only read bout the Live recordings for 1.5 Collection.

An interview by Yoko Shimomura and the sound team.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Sound Team Interview! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

---If KH -HD 2.5 ReMIX- were to come out, would you re-record the music?
Shimomura: KH2 uses the built-in tone generator too. In the KH series, the battle music and field music cross-fade so we had to include the data of both battle and field tracks compressed to what would originally be the memory of one track. I was so glad that we could use live music this time... If KH -HD 2.5 ReMIX- comes out, there's no way I'd just leave the built-in tone generator in as is (laughs). I couldn't betray everyone's expectations like that. There are around 100 tracks, though...

---Sounds like recording would be even more difficult (laughs).
Shimomura: In KH2 I used strings purposefully in many tracks, such as wanting the violins to build steadily when the music for the last boss starts, which I think it would be beautiful done with live instruments.

She refers to it in "ifs" but it is really more like a "when" so...uh...

cDTl3nb.jpg

Sorakh212

Awards
I'm glad to hear that there's somewhat of a confirmation. I wonder what the estimated release date for this is going to be though. I mean if we're lucky it might be next year even. Kinda like what they're doing this year for HD1.5, but then again I suppose it is a little bit overly optimistic to think they might next year. Who knows...Seriously can't wait for this though. KH2 is still to date not only my favorite KH game, but one of my all time favorite games I've ever played.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I don't think it'd take longer. The PSP and PS2 have similar architecture, so it should take the same amount of time to upscale. I wouldn't be surprised that they started on BBS first ONLY because the Osaka team is most familiar with it's programming unlike KH2 and coded is going to be cutscenes obviously so they are probably going to work with that stuff later on.
It's not so much about porting it as it is upgrading texture files and such though.

I'm glad to hear that there's somewhat of a confirmation. I wonder what the estimated release date for this is going to be though. I mean if we're lucky it might be next year even. Kinda like what they're doing this year for HD1.5, but then again I suppose it is a little bit overly optimistic to think they might next year. Who knows...Seriously can't wait for this though. KH2 is still to date not only my favorite KH game, but one of my all time favorite games I've ever played.
Id say no different than the release dates for 1.5

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's not so much about porting it as it is upgrading texture files and such though.

I never said anything about porting, though. I only said that Osaka is most familiar with the source code of BBS so it won't be hard for them to mess with it unlike KH1 which they had to relearn the coding because they all forgot.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I never said anything about porting, though. I only said that Osaka is most familiar with the source code of BBS so it won't be hard for them to mess with it unlike KH1 which they had to relearn the coding because they all forgot.
My mistake. You mentioned structure and my mind immediately associated it with porting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It isn't even announced yet nor confirmed to be in development.

We will first get KH HD 1.5 this year in September.

Light

faster than
Awards
When will the game come out?

Although unannounced and all of that other sort of jazz, we can assume Square will stick with their normal plan - a game a year - making the game due for sometime next year. Again, Square like to release games in... well any language aside Japanese in the Spring/Fall area (around August and September).

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I think it's safe to assume the second collection will be released in Japan next year.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
1.5 was announced in September 2012 and was released about a half a year later. Relatively, it should be a quick order after the announcement, which we can probably expect later this year.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
2.5 will probably be the 2014 release. Then I guess either it's KH3 for 2015 or we get yet another spin off game...

WastedPenguin

Awards
2.5 will probably be the 2014 release. Then I guess either it's KH3 for 2015 or we get yet another spin off game...

From a chronologically perspective there shouldn't come any other spin-off...i think that Kingdom Hearts 3 comes right after 2.5 and CHI/X because its time for KH3 and we are all ready for it :). I am already waiting 7 years for this game.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't think we'll have to worry about anymore "spin offs" since DDD set the stage for kh3.

roxaven

Since KH 2.5 will be released hopefully in 2014, I wonder if BBS will be playable or another movie like sequence like 358/2 days? o.o

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Since KH 2.5 will be released hopefully in 2014, I wonder if BBS will be playable or another movie like sequence like 358/2 days? o.o

BBS will definitely be playable. There is no doubt about that.

Xeander

That's gonna be a huge game then , unless they skip alot. Can anybody explain how they are gonna make that version?? is it like you can choose one of the storylines , or is it going to be 3 storylines in one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back