• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Sora's age

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

Awards
In the KH3 trailer Sora sure looks older. What do you think his age will be? I think he looks around 17-18 in the trailer.

KH2
90y2ck.jpg

KH3 Trailer
2wodfg9.jpg

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Considering previous events, it seems more accurate to say he's 16 or nearing 16 by the end of Dream Drop Distance. I doubt the characters would allow a large passage of time to occur with everything Xehanort has done and is planning to do. If they had time to spare, it doesn't make sense that they would suddenly push Sora and Riku into a Mark of Mastery exam in their desperation for more Masters.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Pretty sure Nomura confirmed that KH3 picks up right after DDD, so he should be the same age he currently is. Plus, he probably only looks older because of the supped up graphics. And those graphics are early development too, so he won't look like that in the final release.

Youniquee

Awards
Can't really compare the fish face with the new gen graphics lol...he looks the same to me and he is probably still 15...nearing 16 as Sign said.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Like Sign and Cataclysm pointed out kh3 takes place very soon after DDD so he should be 15 or nearing 16.

Gonzales95

Awards
Sora is about 15 or 16, he probably just looks older because of high definition. The PS2's graphics meant that although Sora was 15, he still looked about 13/14 (he looked even younger in KH1). With the PS4 being capable of ridiculously better graphics than the PS2 the graphics will get lots more attention so Sora will probably look more like a 16 year old should.

There's nothing wrong with KH2's graphics or anything, but the step up from PS2 to PS3 was insane, so by skipping the PS3 and going straight to PS4 the change will be insane.

wayward-wind

Website
www.last.fm
All the main characters in KH3 should be about the same age as they were in DDD, since as everyone else mentioned, it takes place right after it.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
From what I've gathered, in Kingdom Hearts II he's 15, then the events in Blank Points happened a year after the events of KHII, so he should be 16 years old during Dream Drop Distance. Meaning he should be 16 in KHIII, or at the very least nearing the end of 16 years of age.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The events of Blank Points do not happen a year after KH II but immediately after KH II. Coded takes place mere days after KH II's end while DDD is at most one or two months later.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
@Sephiroth: Really? I could have sworn I've heard that there was at least a year gap between KHII and Dream Drop Distance...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth: Really? I could have sworn I've heard that there was at least a year gap between KHII and Dream Drop Distance...

No, that was a misconception by fans from some of the wording Ansem the Wise made to Aqua in Blank Points.

Ansem the Wise said:
Ansem: How long has it been since I met him? At least a year now, perhaps
more... Back then, my heart was clouded with vengeance.

Many fans took this as if Ansem meant "a year after KH2", but this isn't the case as Nomura cleared up in a Famitsu interview concerning Blank Points:

Famitsu February 2010 said:
-- At one point in 'KHII', Ansem the Wise escapes from the world of darkness. This time he has once again descended into the world of darkness. At what point in time does this happen?

Nomura: After 'KHII'. When he stopped the Organisation's plans in 'KHII', he was caught up in an explosion and blown into the world of darkness. The line where he says, "I first met him one year ago," is referring to before 'he' went to sleep - that is, it's referring to the time of 'Chain of Memories'. It doesn't mean this is one year after 'KHII'.

That means Blank Points takes place one year after Chain of Memories, or to be more precise, right after the end of KH II.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Sora's nose looks more defined and his face longer but as other have said I wouldn't put too much stock in it because the teaser is conceptual and things are subject to change. There's also the weird angle and shadows in that image to boot, on DI he doesn't look any different than usual bar the style change. At most I think he'll be sixteen.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
No, that was a misconception by fans from some of the wording Ansem the Wise made to Aqua in Blank Points.

"How long has it been since I met him? At least a year now, perhaps more."

Yep. That line. And he was referring to when he met Sora for the first time. He didn't mean it had been a year since the KH encoder-thingy-mabob exploded and he was teleported to the Dark Margin.

Of course, you already understand this though :p

sephyleader

These events also take time to happen though, Sora was 15 at the start of KH II, in real time with everything that happened, He'd probably be 16 or nearing 16 in DDD, and since KH3 takes place right after, he'd still be probably 16. Unless time flowed differently in DDD, but I would assume it didn't take almost any time at all since it was in a "Dream". The oldest he could possibly be would be 17 at that point, but, like mentioned, with the PS4 jump in graphics, he'll actually LOOK his age now.The Sora in the KH3 trailer definitely looks like a 16-17 year old would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back