• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, who doesn't like super heroes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
So, aside from working on my Assassin's Creed rp, which you should check out here if you're interested, I've decided to start writing up something else.

It will be an original RP, taking place on Earth after a cosmic event, most likely a meteor shower or asteroid crash, has wiped out a majority of life on earth. Of those who survived, some have undergone mutations due to the crazy amounts of energy given off, giving people super powers. Of course, some will choose to use these powers for good and some for evil, with the main conflict most likely being fighting for the source of the energy as well as each other.

And then perhaps the government will be in on it too, trying to squash both the heroes and villains.

What are your thoughts? If I see some interest, I'll start developing this further. I'd love to hear your ideas!

Argenteus

I'd like to collaborate on this, this synergizes well with an idea I've had in mind for a while. I'll PM you about it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'm in, I'll be the one guy who actually uses powers based in actual physics (okay maybe two since Argentus is here).

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
shut up fool ill smash your face with my kinetic energy overcharged fist

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
shut up fool ill smash your face with my kinetic energy overcharged fist

Take a seat kids, we're gonna be here a while. :(

Artimis said:
t will be an original RP, taking place on Earth after a cosmic event, most likely a meteor shower or asteroid crash, has wiped out a majority of life on earth. Of those who survived, some have undergone mutations due to the crazy amounts of energy given off, giving people super powers. Of course, some will choose to use these powers for good and some for evil, with the main conflict most likely being fighting for the source of the energy as well as each other.

And then perhaps the government will be in on it too, trying to squash both the heroes and villains.

What are your thoughts? If I see some interest, I'll start developing this further. I'd love to hear your ideas!

Definitely interested. I'll keep checking for updates. :)

Artemis

Holy poop. This is awesome, I'm so excited to see the positive response here. I've worked out a few more details of the plot, and getting this all fleshed out is now #1 on my to do list.

What I've got so far is that it takes place a few years in the future, and NASA has been too occupied with studying the readings of a solar flare to notice the approach of an incoming meteor shower. The shower devastates the planet, leaving Earth full of craters and killing almost half the world's population (between the impacts and radioactive fallout). NASA joins with the United Nations, who has now assumed control of the remainder of the countries for a provisional government, in order to study the meteors and their effects on humans.

Nearly a month after the shower occurs, men and women across the globe are finding that they have developed powers that transcend the realm of human abilities. You are only limited by your imagination here, and depending on what you do with those powers you will be labeled by civilians as Heroes or Villains. In order to maintain your powers, you'll have to maintain exposure to the radioactivity in regular doses, with failure to do so potentially ending in death. Perhaps the goal of the villains is to capture and keep all the meteors for themselves?

Meanwhile, the government becomes alerted to the presence of super humans and works to remove them from society. Using NASA's knowledge they begin trying to engineer a cure of sorts, something that will prevent and even reverse the effects of the radioactivity.

That's what I've got so far, and I'd love to hear what you all think about it, and if you have any suggestions or anything.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
OOO! OO! OO!
MAYYYYYYYBEEE as a twist, the radiation given off has infected some of the human populace as well, creating a disease of sorts in humans and those with superpowers are kind of immune to it,and so NASA wants them as well to manufacture a cure?

Artemis

I LIKE IT! Unlike those who become superpowered, their DNA was unable to handle the mutations caused by the radiation and the govt begins harvesting them for experiments. Because they are super evil n stuff.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Any ideas what sort of disease we might be talking about? I'd imagine it to be spread by viruses, since they're the only things in biology that rewrite the subject's genetic code, so perhaps a virus/viruses that were present in the successful mutants went on to infect others with genes not as susceptible to beneficial mutation. Would it make them explode, Iron Man 3 Movie Extremis Style, for instance? Or something more subdued, perhaps granting them mild powers but their body starts shutting down as it tries to reject the virus, or because the body can't fuel the powers properly it starts consuming itself to fuel the techniques?

Argenteus

Perhaps it grants them powers just as great as the normal ones, but gradually destroys their free will until they're slaves to a telepathic hive-consciousness?

Artemis

When is this gonna start again? lmao

Hopefully soon. Perhaps by the end of the week?

Any ideas what sort of disease we might be talking about? I'd imagine it to be spread by viruses, since they're the only things in biology that rewrite the subject's genetic code, so perhaps a virus/viruses that were present in the successful mutants went on to infect others with genes not as susceptible to beneficial mutation. Would it make them explode, Iron Man 3 Movie Extremis Style, for instance? Or something more subdued, perhaps granting them mild powers but their body starts shutting down as it tries to reject the virus, or because the body can't fuel the powers properly it starts consuming itself to fuel the techniques?

Perhaps it grants them powers just as great as the normal ones, but gradually destroys their free will until they're slaves to a telepathic hive-consciousness?

Something along the lines of adapting powers that they were unable to control, which could lead to something as simple as their body failing because it was incapable of mutating completely or, depending on the powers harnessed, it could turn them in to ticking time bombs. The slave idea could work in tandem with the government maybe, if they decide to instead harvest the rogue citizens and use them as mindless drones of law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back