• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Curvy VS Fat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Today a young woman came to me at my job clearly upset. I asked what was wrong, and she replied with, "I can't believe how fat I've gotten!" She is a lovely lady, about five foot five, and although I admit she has put on some weight recently, it's actually been to her benefit as she has gotten some bust and some hips. "You're not fat, you're curvy." I replied.

Big mistake.

"That's the same thing! Curvy is just a term to use to make fat people feel better about themselves!"

And so I bring this topic here today, if only because that is not the first time I have heard this saying. Is there a line between 'fat' and 'curvy'? Have the two terms become interchangeable recently? Please note this is not about thinner girls complaining that they are fat; it's about what the definition of curvy is, mainly.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
So she's a thick girl. I distinguish "thick" from "fat" by looking for one important detail: Figure. If a girl's a little fat but still has that hourglass figure, I'd say she's thick. If she's got no figure at all, then she's fat.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Which one looks like the women you're talking about?
ZARql.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler Show

At some point you have to draw a line, I mean..some women really think that that^ is "Curvy"

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You kinda need to define what you are yourself and be confident with what you have. Which is hard.

Fun fact: I'm 5' 10" and weigh 200 lbs.
I'm very self conscious about that number. I hate it and yet I just can't shed any of it off. It's probably due to my diet, but I don't really feel like changing it because, I am told, I wear it well. My "fat" isn't really centered anywhere, it all evens out, so I have an hourglass figure.

I am, to my personal definition, curvy. I am large in a lot of ways [tall, big bust, big butt, thighs, etc.]... I think there is a difference between fat and curvy but I don't think it really should affect you outside of my REAL issue with my weight: Clothing doesn't fit me right nearly ever and it's awful.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I thought curvy mean that a girl has actual curves in her figure. That's my definition of curvy.

Fat means exactly what it means. It means your overweight. However, I don't think people (especially girls) shouldn't freak out about being fat.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I personally would date someone who is up to 45% in the above chart. I don't think fat equates ugliness. Weight does not define a person. For example, there's a hostess at work who I find attractive. I would call her fat, but she's still attractive. She's got a good looking face, nice personality, and a big ol' booty to boot. People should accept themselves for who they are and flaunt whatever it is they have.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Curvy only becomes a bad thing if the recipient of a compliment doesn't have a good sense of their self-image. If she can't appreciate how her new figure looks on her, there's nothing to suggest she'll feel happier getting back to a weight she considers more optimum - the problem of self-image is still there.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
skinny girls
curvy girls
laid-back dudes
chubby girls
fat girls
otaku girls
fat otaku girls

in order of most attractive to least attractive

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Too skinny or obese are both turn offs to me. Though, I would rather settle with slightly leaning towards chubby than more towards skinny, though I prefer "curvy" and generally fit.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
the real question is who cares and why (it always astounds me when men think they have access to discussion of the merits of a female's body...like she asked you bro or even cares lmao)

like, who gives a fuck if you're fat, it's not the end of the world

who gives a fuck if people think you're gross b/c you're fat

fuck em, live your life, be conscious of your health mind you, but also understand co-relation =/= causation in terms of thickness and health, necessarily, i mean, lol @ people who think degrees of slenderness is some sort of indication of health (hint: it's not)

there are much worst things than being fat; your size has no bearing on the merit of your intellectual or creative capacity which many insecure people who are bankrupt in both will attack

that's all i have to say on that

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^
Yes, being intelligent and a creative capacity are imporant. A body overweight is important too. Why? Because, it decreases the amount of years you live, you can get diabetes or other medical problems that you should work out at least a little bit each day instead of letting yourself entirely go. It's sad when I've seen and heard people overweight (like 400-600 pounds) who can't do anything for themselves and expect others to do it for them. :/

I personally don't care, simply because it's there choice to live that way.

Now back on topic:

I don't think being skinny or slender is a healthy image, because, that's not being realistic unless your naturally born that way. I think ideally, being curvy is much more realistic and natural. There is a difference between being fat and curvy. I think those that are curvy should flaunt it more than try to be stick figures. Also, they should take curvy more as a compliment and not let it degrade them.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
^
Yes, being intelligent and a creative capacity are imporant. A body overweight is important too. Why? Because, it decreases the amount of years you live, you can get diabetes or other medical problems that you should work out at least a little bit each day instead of letting yourself entirely go. It's sad when I've seen and heard people overweight (like 400-600 pounds) who can't do anything for themselves and expect others to do it for them. :/

diddly em, live your life, be conscious of your health mind you, but also understand co-relation =/= causation in terms of thickness and health, necessarily (edit: i.e. to an extent, some athletes are "fat") , i mean, lol @ people who think degrees of slenderness is some sort of indication of health (hint: it's not)

didn't think i implied otherwise

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
My apologies, Solar. I hadn't intended it to sound like I thought you meant differently. Sometimes wording can be confusing to me, but, the bolding helps me see more clearly what you said now. :3

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Okay the difference between 'curvy' and 'fat' are as follows:
*. Curvy women are women with a bit of skin to them, usually a flat or 'plumper' stomach than the usual 'petite' figure. With more 'love handles'/ hips to them, giving their body a lovely hour glass figure.
*. Curvy would usually be anywhere from 75-90 KG (165lbs-200lbs.)

*. 'Fat' or 'obese' Women (such as myself) are bigger women with 'rolls', these rolls are layers of skin (even how small the roll is) and have usually lager arms and thighs. Skin usually wobbles apon movement of the body.
*. A 'fat' woman would be from 90+KG (200+lbs).

This is my opinion on the defined qualities between fat and curvy.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Which one looks like the women you're talking about?
ZARql.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler Show

At some point you have to draw a line, I mean..some women really think that that^ is "Curvy"

^This is a pretty good image comparison of what each are... ^
but honestly as long as you are happy in your own skin you should not give a fuck what everyone else thinks.
If you aren't happy you can always do things like diet and exercise till you are happy.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
What I don't quite understand in all honesty is that people use the word 'curvy' to describe fat girls. "You're not fat, you're curvy!" --even when it is painfully obvious that is not the case. In a way I was asking more of the meaning of the word, since its meaning seems to just be thrown so carelessly.

And on the topic of "if you're happy in your own skin you shouldn't care what others think" ...um...what if you aren't healthy? I'm not talking about a couple pounds overweight, I'm saying to the point where there are some serious health risks. And as bad as this is going to make me sound, too many obese women use the term 'curvy' to describe themselves, even when its clear that they really should lose weight for the sake of removing risk of diabetes, heart attack, etc.,

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Most fat people are just delusional and throw the word curvy around..and in a way it's kind of accurate.

I wish they can just be honest with themselves and use words like grotesque,obese, landwhale. I find honestly most attractive and will respect them more for being level headed and not a delusional manatee.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
But sometimes people also forget that being fat may not be because the person is lazy or not eating right. I'm an example of that, I'm 5'3 and 186 lbs, but I don't eat much and I exercise. I go to the gym 2x a week and rarely eat out. The reason I'm heavy is because I have Hypothyroidism, and I have to take medication to take care of that for the rest of my life. But because sometimes life doesn't go the way you want it to and you don't have any insurance... no medications for meh, gets heavy. Rise and repeat.

But to the topic, I think yes, there's a limit. I'm heavy, I know it, I'm trying to deal with it. I'm self-conscious of my weight, but I try to look to the bright side. I'm eating healthier and my doctors tell me I'm healthy in other areas, but overweight. I can't get rid of it easily, and it's frustrating; so I know some of you say that don't be delusional, but what can some of us do? If it makes life living easier and make us feel better about our selves, then why shouldn't we think positive once in a while? I like to think I'm fluffy, it's a mixture of curvy and fat and why? Because I give good hugs to my nieces and nephews. If I'm able to make them smile with a hug, my fluffiness is not bad.

D

Deleted member 36435

curvy implies a curve, your chest is out, then it curves inwards on the stomach and outwards again around the waist
fat people are more like a circle, sure there is a curve, but not one anyone wants to see

Shawty

Awards
Okay the difference between 'curvy' and 'fat' are as follows:
*. Curvy women are women with a bit of skin to them, usually a flat or 'plumper' stomach than the usual 'petite' figure. With more 'love handles'/ hips to them, giving their body a lovely hour glass figure.
*. Curvy would usually be anywhere from 75-90 KG (165lbs-200lbs.)

This really depends on your height! If you're short you can be curvy at a weight between 55-65 kg. (think of a height from about 1.45-1.65/4'10-5'4)

I think the main difference has been explained already, so I don't think it's necessary to explain it once more.
Personally I'd be flattered if someone called me curvy. I think it's a huge compliment because imo curves are beautiful.
Some say ''real women have curves'', but I have to disagree with that. Many women are naturally skinny (I'm one of them) and it doesn't make them less of a woman.
I know a lot of ladies struggle with their physical appearance and are very insecure, but unless your health is in danger there is no need to change your body. It takes time, but imo you should learn to accept yourself the way you are.

Sugar-Serpent

I'm 5'3", US size 4-6 and I have an hourglass figure - so I describe myself as curvy.

I eat healthily, but I have osteoarthritis from 5 years of martial arts - so I can't do any exercise apart from walking. Losing weight (which is what I'm aiming for; no point having extra weight seeing as I can't exercise) or even maintaining my body is extremely difficult for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back