• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
re: Final Fantasy XV - "A world of the Versus epic."

It was exclusive for PS3. Now it's been moved to the PS4.
I think it's safe to say it's not for the Xbox.

BagelBreath

Awards

It was exclusive for PS3. Now it's been moved to the PS4.
I think it's safe to say it's not for the Xbox.
Wasn't XIII announced as an exclusive for PS3?
They're either in talks to make it an exclusive/it's multiplatform.
They're trying to slay the X1, did you see the smirk what's his face had when they talked about no DRM? If it's secured as an exclusive, Sony would say so.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wasn't XIII announced as an exclusive for PS3?
That was announced in 2009, like 3 years after that was said? It's been 7 years since Versus was made a Sony exclusive. Sure, it was shown at a Sony event, but I wouldn't have put it past Xbox to have tweeted after that trailer "BTW, XV is coming to Xbox as well!"

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

You just answered your own question.

PS4/PS3 exclusive means it's not coming out on Xbox One.
lol, it's really hard to see that little "I" between the X and the V isn't it?

anyway, I hope it stay exclusive and same goes for KH III but it doesn't look like it with that wording unless they still discuss it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I guess I can't really say it will be an exclusive, given the evidence. I say, for now, just wait it out.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The X1 may be on its best way to slay itself without these games being multiplatform, considering the always being online-stuff/must be online once every day to function, camera being always on spying on you like big brother (like George Orwells 1984), probably directly connected to the NSA and their Prism-program and no allowance for playing used games.
All things the new PS4 doesn't seem to have.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Also, don't forget Nomura's words; "There's no time to go into detail today, but we'll have more news in the days to come".

BagelBreath

Awards

The X1 may be on its best way to slay itself without these games being multiplatform, considering the always being online-stuff/must be online once every day to function, camera being always on spying on you like big brother (like George Orwells 1984), probably directly connected to the NSA and their Prism-program and no allowance for playing used games.
All things the new PS4 doesn't seem to have.

PS4 is also 100$ cheaper, and, correct me if I'm wrong, slightly more powerful than the X1.

I'm not saying KH3/XV WON'T be exclusives, I'm just saying we shouldn't assume they are. My bet is that they're still in talks for it to remain an exclusive title. Sony is probably throwing money at SE ATM.
Neither Microsoft or Sony can say it'll be multiplatform/exclusive until SE makes a decision.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Shamdeo has spoken.
I hope he's right :D
sham once confirmed that Versus would come out 2012 so yeah

edit somehow I remembered what page he said that at http://forums.khinsider.com/final-f...y-versus-xiii-but-world-ever-changing-91.html

18|4:14A – Versus time. A new trailer is being shown. The footage is voiced and includes some rapidly moving battle scenes… Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still named as such. Also it is still a PS3 exclusive. Worldwide 2012 release. In the footage: “a whole lot of gameplay footage, including combat scenes with swords and guns, a scene where you control a tank-like vehicle, a scene where you climb aboard a bipedal robot, a battle with a massive creature (this may be the combat scene from the TGS trailer), and a battle where Noctis wields his sword against a group of soldiers.”

But I guess he was just deceived by the trailer but that means it could happen again

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I forgot about.
What's the deal with Sham? Who is he? Does he have inside information? Chaser, explain pls?
Sham knows a lot about stuff. You'd be wrong to question him.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

so he's god?

Anyway, I think it's gonna be PS4 exclusive. Wouldn't it be weird to announce both games specifically in the Sony conference and it ends up being multi-plat? If it is multi-plat, it would've made more sense to announce it at the Square-Enix conference, which will happen tomorrow I believe. So yeah my two cents.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay, so here we go!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The end. I think I covered everything I wanted to.

Also, apologises if the translations are off for the 2011 trailer. I copied them down from a youtube video.

Zetsumei

Awards

Forgive me if I'm uninformed, but since XV seems to reference the goddess Etro (according to your analysis) quite a bit, does this mean that XV does in fact take place in the same universe as XIII ?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If Noctis can see the dead I hope he's plaid by HJO. "I see dead people"

Forgive me if I'm uninformed, but since XV seems to reference the goddess Etro (according to your analysis) quite a bit, does this mean that XV does in fact take place in the same universe as XIII ?

I might be wrong but I think they share the same gods but are in different worlds/cannons.
With other words, they are just very similar

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Until today, Final Fantasy XV was called Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The XIII games were all part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series where they all shared the same mythos. It seems that, even though it got promoted to XV, it still contains the myths.

Zetsumei

Awards

I might be wrong but I think they share the same gods but are in different worlds/cannons.
With other words, they are just very similar

I always assumed that versus XIII took place on Pulse in the distant past, before Cocoon was created, and was going to explain what happened to Pulse and why Cocoon was created in the first place.

But with the title change, I'm not so sure the games will be that closely linked anymore.

Back