• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Content cut from the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Was it in the beta trailer?
No, I'm pretty sure I never even saw the beta trailer as a kid.

Also I'm pretty sure Sora was using the Simba summon in that clip. Unless my memories are lying to me.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I've also heard that Aerith replaced someone in KHI...
Can't quite remember who though. I think it might have been Aya from Parasite Eve.
Don't know if it's true though.

Other content removed from the games include Squall and the gang in BBS along with Laguna in Mirage Arena.
Too bad, I always look forward to the FF cameos...

There's usualy also some Keyblades cut from the final release.
Whether they were intended to be real useable weapons, or just test dummies, we'll never know.

Deep Jungle and Dive to the Heart in Chain of Memories, Pranksters Paradise in Days and Jungle Book in BBS, were all cut as well.
That's all I can think of for now...

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I'm sorry, I have ask another thing about the design document SquareEnix made for BuenaVista, because I found no information on it whatsoever: Where is the source of this image and who posted it? Maybe we can get into contact with him/her to get more and better images of this folder.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I've also heard that Aerith replaced someone in KHI...
Can't quite remember who though. I think it might have been Aya from Parasite Eve.

Woah. Source? KH would have been all the more hardcore. *still hoping for this one day* Though, I love my Aerith~

Pranksters Paradise in Days

Was it confirmed to be Prankster's Paradise then though?

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Oh, I remember the cut Foulfellow and Gideon avatars, but I didn't know an official world name had been coined.

Looks like the kh1 ultimania .

Yeah, I used to have that and there was no such artwork. I would remember something so gorg.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Woah. Source? KH would have been all the more hardcore. *still hoping for this one day* Though, I love my Aerith~

I don't remember, it's been so many years since I read that.
Maybe it was an interview, but it could have been a fake, hence the last line

Was it confirmed to be Prankster's Paradise then though?
I don't think it was named/to be named Prankster's Paradise back then, but that is what the world is called now, and that's why I said that.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I used to have that and there was no such artwork. I would remember something so gorg.
I know, my mistake as Master Spockanort done pointed out. It was from a concept game proposal folder.

It was not.

There was a tentative concept game proposal folder that was made and given to Buena Vista Games staff with a bunch of artwork, color schemes, story plot, gameplay, early dev gameplay shots, spells, and things. It's pretty interesting, but you won't find many of them out there.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Other content removed from the games include Squall and the gang in BBS along with Laguna in Mirage Arena.
Too bad, I always look forward to the FF cameos...

Deep Jungle and Dive to the Heart in Chain of Memories, Pranksters Paradise in Days and Jungle Book in BBS, were all cut as well.
That's all I can think of for now...

That always bugged me that Squall and the others didn't appear in BBS. They could've at least had them appear in the background or something. xD

I knew about those dropped worlds. Jungle Book definetly needs to happen.

As a slightly different question has there been any content that made it into the final game but was dropped later in the series? Besides the whole not interfering in other worlds. :p

Gram

Banned
Awards
As a slightly different question has there been any content that made it into the final game but was dropped later in the series? Besides the whole not interfering in other worlds. :p

xD Tarzan .

Voltron

Silver Member
Had any information regarding Tifa's role in the original KH ever been released or just the "she was supposed to be in it but wasn't" info all that is known?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, she was. The dev team thought she would be fun to fight against, but due to time constraints they had to settle for Sephiroth (who was already included in the localized version) only.

This was in regards to KHFM, not the original KH.

Voltron

Silver Member
Her boss battle seems like it would have been a better choice than say Ice Titan's. Sephiroth and Tifa would have made better solo fights while Ice Titan should have been in Rock Titan's place.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That always bugged me that Squall and the others didn't appear in BBS. They could've at least had them appear in the background or something. xD

Would have been nice to see the gang, but at least Nomura acknowledged he wanted to include them. Maybe their roles were part of the story he said existed for a potential BBSv2.

xD Tarzan .

I wish I could see the rough draft they had for Deep Jungle in sprite form. D:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wish I could see the rough draft they had for Deep Jungle in sprite form. D:
Me to tbh. Don't matter to me much now after all this time but back when CoM first came out I missed Deep Jungle. =[

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Me to tbh. Don't matter to me much now after all this time but back when CoM first came out I missed Deep Jungle. =[

Yeah, back when I casually played CoM for GBA, I thought it just got snubbed. Please look forward to Deep Jungle in full HD glory. ;A;

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Now that I think about it wasn't Bahamut going to be a summon in one of the games? They really should use some of the FF summons in KH.

^I asked this a couple pages back but no one responded. :p Does this sound familiar to anyone?

xD Tarzan .

:p Oh yeah.

Her boss battle seems like it would have been a better choice than say Ice Titan's. Sephiroth and Tifa would have made better solo fights while Ice Titan should have been in Rock Titan's place.

You have thought of the perfect setup. xD

Voltron

Silver Member
I had heard Bahamut was supposed to be a summon. You can somehow get Bahamut as one of the summon options but once you try to summon him the game will crash. At least that's what I had heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back