• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya at E3 (Versus 13? KH3?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoadToDawn

Hey guys, I never post but I'm always up to date on the latest KH news from you guys. Now then I've been on Neogaf for the past couple of months lurking on the discussion board for Sony's E3 conference. Neogaf is known to have incredible insider knowledge and one of these insiders is named GopherD. Take it as you will, but mods on Neogaf consider him a legit insider for Sony. Gopher has just recently poster today in the thread saying these quotes: 1)
"Does anyone know what the sound of 2500 jaws hitting the floor at the same time sounds like? You soon will."
2)
"You have to remember that this E3 doesn't just show off whats coming this next year. Its the generational change E3, so console makers show their long term cards to drag people into their camp early.Oh my word this is going to be good."
AND most importantly 3)
"There are so many really frustrated devs at the moment who will be trying to gain attention for some damn amazing work over the next few days, and its getting drowned in (justifiably) negative shit If the industry decides to allow corporate wanks to throw handbags at 10 paces, then let them. Let's remember what makes us excited about working and playing in this field. Hype it up!
And let Nomura's Return be EPIC :)"
Mods are convinced in him. This user somehow knows that Nomura will be making an appearance to not only re reveal Versus, but also possibly KH3. I know, I know, "but what about 2.5?" Well according to a post of his right above, he says, "You have to remember that this E3 doesn't just show off whats coming this next year. Its the generational change E3, so console makers show their long term cards to drag people into their camp early.Oh my word this is going to be good." Now then with that said, I didn't write all of this for nothing. He's a very reliable sony insider and this may very well all be true. You can all see the hype this insider brings to the thread right here to see what I'm saying: Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET - Page 302 - NeoGAF

sdr08

While Versus is possible to be shown at E3, I say KH3 will be shown at TGS this year or next year, but who knows I could be wrong, how credible is Gopher D anyway?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
While Versus is possible to be shown at E3, I say KH3 will be shown at TGS this year or next year, but who knows I could be wrong, how credible is Gopher D anyway?
I don't know about next year but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything KH III related until Versus and KH 2.5 is out, even if the Versus team isn't actually going to make it.

Pestilence

Awards

GopherD is considered very credible but it's safe to just think of this as Versus talk. I'd imagine the stuff that has been shown behind scenes is impressive.

Edit: and he is not saying that Nomura personally is there nesseccarily, probably just his game(s) making the appearance.

THE GAME

You know, it's possible that they could create a trailer for KH3 to get the hype train going even if the game itself isn't in development yet.

Pestilence

Awards
You know, it's possible that they could create a trailer for KH3 to get the hype train going even if the game itself isn't in development yet.
Of course. I am quite confident KH3 is in development however. The question is how early do they want to talk about it.

THE GAME

Of course. I am quite confident KH3 is in development however. The question is how early do they want to talk about it.

Well if it's going to be for the PS4, announcing it early at E3 would help sell PS4s. Possible motivation, anyway. I still think it's going to be on PS3, or at least cross platform between PS3 and PS4, like a lot of other games.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wouldn't announcing it (KHIII) early turn it into another Versus? :/

Possibly but I doubt it. What made Versus like Versus is the fact that it was announced 7 years ago. I doubt if KH3 was announce this year that it wouldn't come out until 2020. If KH3 is announced and out within a few years (maybe 3 years max) I think that would be fine.

That being said, do you think KH3's announcement would help or hurt the remixes? I mean, one view is that it would hurt because all possible KH news would be outshined by KH3's announcement. However, at the same time, it could support people picking the games up knowing that KH3 is imminent so that they should catch up on the series ASAP.

Pestilence

Awards

Well I'd REALLY like to believe KH3 is less than 8 years away :D

That being said, do you think KH3's announcement would help or hurt the remixes? I mean, one view is that it would hurt because all possible KH news would be outshined by KH3's announcement. However, at the same time, it could support people picking the games up knowing that KH3 is imminent so that they should catch up on the series ASAP.
Definately help. Could get older fans and newcomers interested in the remixes. I really don't know why someone would skip a remix they would otherwise get just because KH3 was coming in 2 years.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Square-Enix wouldn't make that mistake anymore. The reason Versus has been delayed so long is due to a wide variety of factors, none of which would necessarily affect kh3 once it's ready to begin production.

Also, in principle, I don't really give GAF THAT much credibility. Perhaps this person is generally considered credible, but GAF also has a lot of shit that never ends up being substantiated.

Pestilence

Awards
Square-Enix wouldn't make that mistake anymore. The reason Versus has been delayed so long is due to a wide variety of factors, none of which would necessarily affect kh3 once it's ready to begin production.

Also, in principle, I don't really give GAF THAT much credibility. Perhaps this person is generally considered credible, but GAF also has a lot of shit that never ends up being substantiated.

GAF is just a normal forum with thousands of members so of course there will be rumours and gossip that is just for nothing. GopherD is a member who has been on the mark with some pretty secret stuff and GAF doesn't tolerate ''insiders'' who are just making stuff up very long.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't expect any announcement on kh3 until versus and kh 2.5 Have been released

Agreed. If nomura truly does appear all I see him showing off is a Noctis screen shot then making one of his infamous laughs.

TheRoadToDawn

GAF is just a normal forum with thousands of members so of course there will be rumours and gossip that is just for nothing. GopherD is a member who has been on the mark with some pretty secret stuff and GAF doesn't tolerate ''insiders'' who are just making stuff up very long.
Sorry for not responding earlier. Yes like pestilence said, Neogaf doesn't allow people to randomly spit out news like this. They automatically get banned for that and the user Gopher has been proven true for some things, and from what I know has not been proven wrong yet. We can guarantee Versus making an appearance some way or another, as for KH3, it could possibly show up or just revealed after 2.5, who knows.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That would be horrible. Square Enix isn't going to announce something before it's in development. They learnt their lesson about announcing things too early back in 2006.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That would be horrible. Square Enix isn't going to announce something before it's in development. They learnt their lesson about announcing things too early back in 2006.
That's assuming it's not in development yet and on the fast track to release in 2015/16.

But yeah they won't announce it this year. They'll want to have some focus on the HD collection here and then 2.5 in a few months. Regardless, they'll probably announce the game within 2 years prior to release since that's what they've done since the beginning of this series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That's assuming it's not in development yet and on the fast track to release in 2015/16.
THE GAME said "You know, it's possible that they could create a trailer for KH3 to get the hype train going even if the game itself isn't in development yet." so my response was to that, not to the possibility of it already in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back