• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your concerns with 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
You're not, at all. If given the choice I would have preferred Days to have a rebuilt battle system along with the HD cutscenes and ideally I would like the same for Coded. I don't think they'll be doing it, though. :c

Oh gosh, speaking of KH2 though... I'm concerned they won't voice the FM content. Not voicing it in KH1 isn't as big of a deal, because of how little there is. But KH2 has a substantial amount so I'm hoping they'll do it.

I would like to play Coded on the PS3 too but it's easier to make a PSP game into a PS3 game than it is to do that to a DS game.

That was my main concern too. They're going to need a lot of voice actors to return won't they?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I would like to play Coded on the PS3 too but it's easier to make a PSP game into a PS3 game than it is to do that to a DS game.
Obviously. A PSP game can be ported but a DS game would have to be built from the ground up and due to time constraints, they can't do it.

That was my main concern too. They're going to need a lot of voice actors to return won't they?
Willa Holland (for BBS:FM), Haley Joel Osment, David Gallagher, Jesse McCartney, Quinton Flynn, Richard Epcar, Meaghan Martin (can't see Brittany Snow returning despite the fact that was the game she dubbed), Vince Corazza, Paul St. Peter, Derek Stephen Prince, James Patrick Stuart, David Dayan Fisher, Robin Atkin Downes, Ryan O'Donohue, Kirk Thornton.

I think that's it... Maybe Jason Dohring if they want to voice the Lingering Sentiment battle.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Willa Holland (for BBS:FM), Haley Joel Osment, David Gallagher, Jesse McCartney, Quinton Flynn, Richard Epcar, Meaghan Martin (can't see Brittany Snow returning despite the fact that was the game she dubbed), Vince Corazza, Paul St. Peter, Derek Stephen Prince, James Patrick Stuart, David Dayan Fisher, Robin Atkin Downes, Ryan O'Donohue, Kirk Thornton.

I think that's it... Maybe Jason Dohring if they want to voice the Lingering Sentiment battle.

Disney better do it. They better front the bill for this. It'd be a HUGE disappointment not to. They have enough lines for them to have them all come back and I doubt any of them would refuse a paycheck for a chill day in Burbank.

Do you guys think we'll see a censored version of KH II?

Really doubt it. It'd take more effort to change that stuff than anything, and ESRB is a lot more lenient now since pissy parents have other things to nitpick over. A lot of the stuff they censored in 2006 were non-issues, and SE did a half-assed job at it anyways like leaving the gun shot sound for the crossbows shooting. And it isn't like Xigbar's sniper gun is even noticeable since we it all of two seconds before we have to see through his POV to dodge.

Like seeing Axel fade away with flames on him was anything big...or the Hydra's green blood.

I've thought about that and it's really hard to say. On the one hand, it seems parents these days are less politically correct, but it seems that since disatisfied individuals these days are more vocal, and the ESRB may be privatized, in those types of groups, PC is a way of life.

Really, this censorship if it persists is likely a political decision in that way.

Hopefully they just don't care for Kingdom Hearts. xD It's so easy not to. Just rate it E10+ and don't touch it at all rofl.

I also hope that they rework the HUD for BbS...

Screenshot05.jpg

BbS has a really small character portrait and really large command section... The fact that it's indented into the screen doesn't help either.

4GTG2.jpg

KH3D is a better example of how I think it should look. You can actually see everything (including the character portrait) clearly, and the command bar is now in the corner of the screen.

kingdom-hearts-ii-238292.jpg

I think BbS can be made to look like this if they drop down the D-Link bar and make it similar to how KH2 had its HUD, with the drive gauge and the MP bar stacked on top of one another.

These things, coupled with the camera/zoom fixed mentioned before, should make the PSP experience form-fit into the PS3 mold.

Definitely would love to see them fix the HUD. The portrait will have to be bigger anyways to look right on TVs. They'd be like tiny dots without the increase.

Taochan, it'll be okay~ You know what, I am down with some purple. It symbolizes royalty and the Princesses of Heart were heavily featured. (also I diddlying love purple)

As far as my concerns, I am anxious about BBS. It has to look perfect on the big screen, because I said so.

I'm hoping they recrop a lot of the BBS scenes. They weren't very dynamic and relied on a lot of face close-ups because of the PSP's screen size. I'd like to be just slightly farther away rofl.

Also, I remember there being a frame rate issue when party members came into play, those rare instances. Hopefully that'll be all ironed out.

There wasn't any framerate issues in the final version of 1.5 so I expect the same for 2.5. PS3 has more power than the PSP anyways, so stuff in BBS shouldn't be so laggy <3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Disney better do it. They better front the bill for this. It'd be a HUGE disappointment not to. They have enough lines for them to have them all come back and I doubt any of them would refuse a paycheck for a chill day in Burbank.
I think at least three quarters of them would happily return, because most of the VA's are pretty good sports. I'm worried about a handful of them though.

I'll be really upset if 2.5 is finally shown for Japan and they haven't voiced any of these scenes, because that'll be the nail in the coffin for us.

Watching the KH2FM scenes, mainly the one in Where Nothing Gathers, can be confusing with no voices to match to the subtitles... :c

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
better bbs framerates, all of the final mix scenes being voiced, ii getting uncensored, coded being covered appropriately and the mirage arena's fate.

i'm worried if they'll fix any of the problems at all. but i'm hoping with new management at square, there shouldn't be too much to worry about. the discrepancies between ii and bbs' plot should be improved also, like donald and goofy meeting yen sid for the first time, twice.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm concerned about:

1) Coded turning out like Days did. I mean, Days had a lot of story in it and they condensed it into nearly 3 hours of cutscenes and poorly thought out battle sequences (with the still image and text over it). Unless Coded is only 1 hour long since it isn't story-heavy, I really hope they dedicate that extra time to making awesome battle sequences.

2) Mirage Arena being single player (it should be there, but perhaps single player)

3) The broken commands in Mirage Arena still being broken (Curaga, Magnega, Aeroga, etc.)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
My concern? Where does DDD fit into this whole HD rerelease picture. Putting the series on the (alleged) same platform as KH3 so people can be up to speed but not including the game that's the direct set-up for KH3? Makes no damn sense.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm concerned about:

1) Coded turning out like Days did. I mean, Days had a lot of story in it and they condensed it into nearly 3 hours of cutscenes and poorly thought out battle sequences (with the still image and text over it). Unless Coded is only 1 hour long since it isn't story-heavy, I really hope they dedicate that extra time to making awesome battle sequences.
Since Coded is a much, much, shorter game I'm hoping they can make it 3 hours and include a lot of content that just couldn't feasibly fit into Days. Days should have been at least 4-6 hours but I can see why they didn't want to make it over 3.

2) Mirage Arena being single player (it should be there, but perhaps single player)
Will cry if it's single player.

3) The broken commands in Mirage Arena still being broken (Curaga, Magnega, Aeroga, etc.)
O: I didn't even know about those. Is that in BBS:FM?

My concern? Where does DDD fit into this whole HD rerelease picture. Putting the series on the (alleged) same platform as KH3 so people can be up to speed but not including the game that's the direct set-up for KH3? Makes no damn sense.
There will very likely be a DDD recap at the beginning of KH3, similar to the memoirs of the other six entries in DDD itself.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't expect 3D to be on the 2,5 ReMix but I hope they remaster it. Dropping it from the scheme altogether is my biggest concern.

I would also like to have a playable coded (although I don't expect it to be).

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I'll be really upset if 2.5 is finally shown for Japan and they haven't voiced any of these scenes, because that'll be the nail in the coffin for us.

Watching the KH2FM scenes, mainly the one in Where Nothing Gathers, can be confusing with no voices to match to the subtitles... :c

The new KHIIFM scenes being voiced in japanese is not a question of will they be, or won't they. As they were already voiced back in 2007. *VOICES* KH2 Final Mix: The Orders (English Subs) - YouTube

The real question is will they be voiced in english, and now that I'm starting to think of it, I'm getting a little concerned that they won't be voiced.
You can trust me when I say that it feels awkward and wrong seeing one voiced scene then being followed by non voiced scene.

SE/Disney better get those VAs back, or I'll be a sad kid...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The new KHIIFM scenes being voiced in japanese is not a question of will they be, or won't they. As they were already voiced back in 2007. *VOICES* KH2 Final Mix: The Orders (English Subs) - YouTube

The real question is will they be voiced in english, and now that I'm starting to think of it, I'm getting a little concerned that they won't be voiced.
You can trust me when I say that it feels awkward and wrong seeing one voiced scene then being followed by non voiced scene.

SE/Disney better get those VAs back, or I'll be a sad kid...
It's so funny because I watched that scene so I could find out exactly how many VA's we would need to come back for the FM content but I for some reason was thinking of KH1FM when I typed my response to Master Spockanort.

Approximately fourteen VA's would need to come back with the FM content alone... It seems like a lot for an HD collection. But if they're revoicing Coded anyway, maybe they can do it.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It's so funny because I watched that scene so I could find out exactly how many VA's we would need to come back for the FM content but I for some reason was thinking of KH1FM when I typed my response to Master Spockanort.

Approximately fourteen VA's would need to come back with the FM content alone... It seems like a lot for an HD collection. But if they're revoicing Coded anyway, maybe they can do it.

Hopefully they can do it. It'll be a shame if they leave it out just because they couldn't put the voices in English.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Hopefully they can do it. It'll be a shame if they leave it out just because they couldn't put the voices in English.
Plus, those scenes are incredibly vital.

Especially the ones after the Roxas battle and also the one with Xemnas going into the Chamber of Repose where we see Aqua's now-discarded armor.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Plus, those scenes are incredibly vital.

Especially the ones after the Roxas battle and also the one with Xemnas going into the Chamber of Repose where we see Aqua's now-discarded armor.
This is why I'm concerned about them being voiced. :c

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
This is why I'm concerned about them being voiced. :c
Honestly, though this may be a legit concern (i.e. them not being voiced), I don't see it happening.

Nomura's too much of a stickler for perfection to allow it to. I mean, it could, but... yeah...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, though this may be a legit concern (i.e. them not being voiced), I don't see it happening.

Nomura's too much of a stickler for perfection to allow it to. I mean, it could, but... yeah...
Not being recorded is only part of the concern. Another concern is if the VA's will return for their roles.

Nomura doesn't control all of the aspects of the English releases. The Japanese voice director has more control in that department, with the exception of the few people Nomura requested, like Nimoy and Hamill.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
True, I suppose.

Well, I'm not worried about the post-Roxas battle scenes; I'm sure Quinton Flynn will return as Axel for those. And I can see the other mainstays returning (Xemnas, Xigbar) since they've been voiced by the same people for a while...

Yeah, it can happen but... at this point in the series, I don't think it will.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Considering that Flynn and McCartney are good in these roles and quite familiar with them, I'm not too concerned with those scenes. Only that I have a few lines so clearly defined in my head that it'd be hard to meet expectations.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Really, of all the added scenes, I don't see the original VAs declining to return to voice them... just because of who is involved...

except maybe Saix... he didn't really say anything in 3D...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back