• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Content cut from the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
That Alice stained-glass is cute~

I'm just so glad they changed the faces on the models. Yikes. They look like they've aged prematurely. Also, the SDG trios screen avatars look, well, goofier. :]

Goofy's does look weird doesn't it? When will Donald and Goofy fight in those clothes in the games?! xD

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
i've lost sleep over the fact that tifa didn't make the cut in kh1 because of time constraints. j~j

kh2 felt like kind of a con, since we didn't get a new costume out of it. :'c

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
i've lost sleep over the fact that tifa didn't make the cut in kh1 because of time constraints. j~j

That happened? :O

Didn't Nomura want to include Rinoa too? Anywho, it would have been interesting to see her properly KHified. I was never too fond of those AC outfits. Can we say breast reduction~

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Rofl look at Sora. He looks like something out of Where the Wild Things Are.

xD I didn't even notice Sora.

in II, they cut a final boss fight with xemnas fusing with the castle that never was, becoming a badass towering centaur warrior.

they depraved us of what would have been the greatest fight ever, a secret boss battle in the future would be awesome though.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh yeah wasn't it called King or something like that? It would've been awesome to fight.

The Rikunort fight that never was at End of the World pains me the post. ;A;

I forgot about that! I've seen a video where someone hacked the game to fight there. It looked like a pretty cool fight.

I didn't know Tifa was supposed to be in KH1. :/

Wasn't Yuffie's outfit in KH1 supposed to be an homage to Rikku so they didn't have to have her in the game?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Didn't Nomura want to include Rinoa too? Anywho, it would have been interesting to see her properly KHified. I was never too fond of those AC outfits. Can we say breast reduction~

i'm not sure about rinoa, but yeah, i'm fairly certain tifa was intended to appear in the coliseum. i think she was cut because they didn't have time to feel out how she'd work in battle? idk. idc.

Wasn't Yuffie's outfit in KH1 supposed to be an homage to Rikku so they didn't have to have her in the game?
more or less. i think the only reason they opted out of rikku in favor of yuffie was because her name is virtually the same as riku's. and of course when she appears in kh2, she's never formally introduced by name outside of the journal.

i mean, i'm not really sure why they couldn't have just lampshaded the whole name thing by having sora say "hey that's my bff's name! 8D" but whatever, yuffie's gr8.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Rinoa was excluded from KH1 because Nomura personally felt that she was "different" from the other characters in VIII and that "her personality was hard to grasp." But with the letter Leon received at the end of two, we can surely expect her sooner or later~

I didn't know Tifa was supposed to be in KH1. :/

Well, KHFM really. The staff originally wanted both Sephiroth (who was already in the localized version) and Tifa (who they believed would be fun to battle in a "melee sense") to show up, but due to time constraints they had to settle for only one.

Originally Irvine and Rikku were going to be included into the game, but they were replaced with Wakka and Yuffie respectively.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Looks like the kh1 ultimania .

It was not.

There was a tentative concept game proposal folder that was made and given to Buena Vista Games staff with a bunch of artwork, color schemes, story plot, gameplay, early dev gameplay shots, spells, and things. It's pretty interesting, but you won't find many of them out there.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3Demo was both a game announcement and a tech demo for the 3DS. They had announced early on that the things we saw in the trailer wouldn't be a true representation of the game when they revealed it again.
Didn't know it was intended to be a tech demo. But I guess that makes sense regarding the tech demoes we've had for PS4 and the patterns.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
It was not.

There was a tentative concept game proposal folder that was made and given to Buena Vista Games staff with a bunch of artwork, color schemes, story plot, gameplay, early dev gameplay shots, spells, and things. It's pretty interesting, but you won't find many of them out there.
This sounds extremly rare and pretty unreachable unless you're a former staff member of Buene Vista Games or know someone how is. I'll take two.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Alice's stained glass in Station of Awakening was taken out of the first game.
That's interesting. Also looks like Sora had a different costume. I'd love to see a full version of the stained glass.

Wow that Alice one actually looks really good. I wonder why they replaced it with this one?

I reckon they wanted all seven princesses represented in some way and since they couldn't make one for all all of them (and Kairi's would be a spoiler) they had one represent three of them. The intro flowed a very certain way so they had to replace one of the glasses.

Edit: Also dat Sora.
Also because Alice was kidnapped in the course of the game. The ones we see are supposedly the princesses that have already been taken.

I knew Rikku was cut from the game, but I didn't know Yuffie replaced her. I also didn't know Wakka replace Ruran.

All these cuts would've been great to see in the finished product, but I don't lament them too much. I don't really feel I'm missing out. And in fact if the Xemnas monster battle were to look anything like it does in the Concept art and still be a good fight. it might've fried the PS2lol Also unfortunate that the final Rikunort battle was cut but they really didn't need it in retrospect as Ansem had already gotten his own appearance from Riku's body and Riku was stuck i. The RoD.

Edit: the Tifa fight would've been fun too.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
That's interesting. Also looks like Sora had a different costume. I'd love to see a full version of the stained glass.

Also because Alice was kidnapped in the course of the game. The ones we see are supposedly the princesses that have already been taken.

I knew Rikku was cut from the game, but I didn't know Yuffie replaced her. I also didn't know Wakka replace Ruran.

All these cuts would've been great to see in the finished product, but I don't lament them too much. I don't really feel I'm missing out. And in fact if the Xemnas monster battle were to look anything like it does in the Concept art and still be a good fight. it might've fried the PS2lol Also unfortunate that the final Rikunort battle was cut but they really didn't need it in retrospect as Ansem had already gotten his own appearance from Riku's body and Riku was stuck i. The RoD.

Edit: the Tifa fight would've been fun too.

I didn't know I was cut from the game!?!?!? 8D

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Oops I meant irvine! I'm always making a rookie error these days. What is wrong with me.........confusing a character with someone who frequents these boards.

LmfaoXD!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Yeah hopefully they can show the Alice stain glass in some form. They can probably put it inside the artbook. Maybe in the future, they can consider creating a Jasmine/Kairi stain glass.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I can never seem to find the commercial.

But I distinctly remember there being a clip in said commercial showing the star-shaped thing in Traverse Town: Third District opening up.

And Younger Me spent so... so much time trying to figure out how to open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back