• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Release Date & Pre-Order Bonus!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Release Date & Pre-order Bonus!

I haven't pre-ordered this yet, so I hope it's not too late to get the artbook. Anyone know if Best Buy would be offering it?

It was just announced a few hours ago, so you're still in good shape!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

The stores around here don't even mention anything about a special edition. :(

laddyboy12

Eh, I'll bite. Artwork book is something I've been wanting to see. Besides, it will be the first time I ever pre-ordered something online. Plus, with Amazon Prime, I get free two-day shipping. I'm just not sure if they ship it the day of its release or before so that it arrives on release day...

I just ordered it off Amazon and I have Amazon Prime and the estimated delivery was the day it comes out, so I think they ship it before it comes out.

Ah, I didn't even notice the cards. Interesting how they're utilizing them but it is a little jarring.

Really hoping that there's even just one piece of artwork that we haven't seen yet.

If the art book sucks we can always sell it at an outrageous overprice on Ebay!

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

EU, mate (I needed more words to post..)

Then these places will be offering the bonus in the UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingdom-Hea...37WO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361979781&sr=8-1

Buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix on PlayStation 3 | Free UK Delivery | GAME

bol.com | Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX - PlayStation 3, Square Enix | Games

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX | PS3 | Video Games | ShopTo

well there goes the rest of my money.

although i hope something other than the artbook comes with it.

What? But this is the best preorder bonus we've ever gotten. What else could you want?

I haven't pre-ordered this yet, so I hope it's not too late to get the artbook. Anyone know if Best Buy would be offering it?

Best Buy will not be offering it if the official site is to go by.

GameStop, Amazon, Walmart, and the SE online shop. If that changes, we'll be sure to let you know

I wonder what they might end up doing for II.5 now... Do you think they'll keep up the trend and have another art book, or maybe something even bigger and crazier, seeing as it'll have more plot heavy games in it than I.5 did (being BbSFM and KHIIFM, of course)... Perhaps I'm just over thinking this, but once again, a girl can dream.

Oh, gosh! I wonder what they might do for the long awaited KHIII -floats on a happy cloud, upon thinking of all the possibilities-

And though I know we're getting this long after the ten-year anniversary, I'm going to pretend we're getting this gift for it, anyway. It is perfect for it, after all, and Shiro Amano still thinks it's only been ten years...XD

THEY BETTER DO AN ARTBOOK. There is a lot of gorgeous storyboard art Nomura did for BBS that deserves appreciation xD And Nomura's sketches and the cute everything. *spaz*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I want to make a note that the artbook pictured is CLEARLY a mock-up and will not be an accurate representation of the final product.

(If they use CoM cards for page numbers and not a classier silhouette I will forever judge Square Enix & Disney and their choices in life. I'd seriously doubt Nomura or any supervising Japanese staff member would let this pass xD)

That said I hope the binding can handle general wear.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards

And now another artbook to pick up this year, not that I'm complaining =D and right after my b-day. Good stuff.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

While this is definitely the nicest preorder bonus we've ever received, I don't think anyone would object to more freebies! Anything you have in mind?

It is DEFINITELY the nicest preorder yet. So far, we've gotten 2 sets of postcards, 1 slip case, 1 PSP skin that was supposed to make up for an LE handheld, and a set of AR cards you can scan online. Nothing mentioned above compares to an artbook, even if the artbook is only 10 pages imo ^_^

Oh, gosh! I wonder what they might do for the long awaited KHIII -floats on a happy cloud, upon thinking of all the possibilities-

As for KH3, I would definitely expect a CE of all CE's, considering it has been 10 years and we're still in one saga, this CE spans over a decade of beautiful KH merchandise. I think SE should definitely start the CE by including a Play Arts figure like they did for Tomb Raider and MGS :)

I want to make a note that the artbook pictured is CLEARLY a mock-up and will not be an accurate representation of the final product.

The sad thing is, are you sure? I mean, if you saw the artbook that SE released for the BbS CE, it was VERY lackluster. It has less than 20 pages and none of the art can't be found in the guide :( While I doubt SE would make an artbook THAT bad again, I wouldn't raise my hopes up too high for a free preorder artbook.

P.S. So this artbook is the preorder gift, right? So if I preorder the game itself at GameStop I'm guaranteed the artbook? The reason I wonder is because I called my Gamestop and I didn't know exactly whether to ask if this was a limited edition kind of KH in their computer. I just want to make sure I preorder the RIGHT version ;)

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Interesting how they advertised it as being a Fall release because Fall doesn't technically start until September 22nd.

I mean, sure, if you're going by school schedules, then sure this could count as Fall. But remember Birth by Sleep? That came out September 7th and they advertised that as being a Summer release date. Granted, everyone whined and said Square Enix lied to them but it WAS technically a summer release date.

I'm not complaining or anything. If a game can come out sooner and not have a negative effect on it, then sure, it'd be nice to have it sooner. I just think it is slightly inconsistent on their part.

kupo1121

Awards

Interesting how they advertised it as being a Fall release because Fall doesn't technically start until September 22nd.

lol this is very true, SE has smart marketing ^_^ Because if it came out in Fall actually then nobody can complain, but now that it is technically coming out in the summer, everyone can only be happy haha xD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Next time someone sees Raio Mitsuno in person, can you please mention to him that SE should release a humongous KH3 Collector's Edition in the US. Raio is the one who decided what to put in the DDD MoM edition and I assume if there are any collector's editions down the road, he'll put the idea together before getting the okay from higher up.

Matt Kishimoto is the new Kingdom Hearts NA Brand Manager of SENA.

P.S. So this artbook is the preorder gift, right? So if I preorder the game itself at GameStop I'm guaranteed the artbook? The reason I wonder is because I called my Gamestop and I didn't know exactly whether to ask if this was a limited edition kind of KH in their computer. I just want to make sure I preorder the RIGHT version ;)

You are guaranteed the artbook, assuming nothing unfortunate happens at your local Gamestop. Though, judging by responses on both KHI and others, I don't believe the preorder bonus has been entered into their system yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I mean, sure, if you're going by school schedules, then sure this could count as Fall. But remember Birth by Sleep? That came out September 7th and they advertised that as being a Summer release date. Granted, everyone whined and said Square Enix lied to them but it WAS technically a summer release date.

I'm not complaining or anything. If a game can come out sooner and not have a negative effect on it, then sure, it'd be nice to have it sooner. I just think it is slightly inconsistent on their part.

Lol, and now you know why they said Fall. Saying Summer would have probably pissed people off.

Next time someone sees Raio Mitsuno in person, can you please mention to him that SE should release a humongous KH3 Collector's Edition in the US. Raio is the one who decided what to put in the DDD MoM edition and I assume if there are any collector's editions down the road, he'll put the idea together before getting the okay from higher up.

Raio is not brand manager anymore. He left Square Enix not long after KH3D was released.

The sad thing is, are you sure? I mean, if you saw the artbook that SE released for the BbS CE, it was VERY lackluster. It has less than 20 pages and none of the art can't be found in the guide :( While I doubt SE would make an artbook THAT bad again, I wouldn't raise my hopes up too high for a free preorder artbook.

That wasn't intended for all non-Japanese regions, though. You can just look at the picture and tell how not-final it is. Those tiny little Sora and Goofy images then HUGE DONALD.

Yes, you are guaranteed to get it if you preorder it.

kupo1121

Awards

Matt Kishimoto is the new Kingdom Hearts NA Brand Manager of SENA.

I did not know that ^_^ I wonder what happened.

You are guaranteed the artbook, assuming nothing unfortunate happens at your local Gamestop. Though, judging by responses on both KHI and others, I don't believe the preorder bonus has been entered into their system yet.

Okay good, I was reading the FB comments and people were saying they went and preordered it and now I'm thinking, am I behind or something?

So GameStop should soon have a whole new entry that includes the artbook as the preorder gift?

That wasn't intended for all non-Japanese regions, though. You can just look at the picture and tell how not-final it is. Those tiny little Sora and Goofy images then HUGE DONALD.

Maybe someone over at SE has a thing for Donald ;) jk

The artbook could be something like that, but you're right, it should look exactly like that unless someone has a thing for Donald o_O

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So GameStop should soon have a whole new entry that includes the artbook as the preorder gift?

No, the same product that they have in the computer. They just have to update the information. The Limited Edition is the pre-order and the Standard when they run out of artbooks. Does that make sense?

Maybe someone over at SE has a thing for Donald ;) jk

The artbook could be something like that, but you're right, it should look exactly like that unless someone has a thing for Donald o_O

Trust me, it'll look a lot better than what they showed in that picture.

LordPhantomhive

Awards

Yeah for something like this gamestop will just add a couple space on the game's page that shows it has preorder bonus, and also add bonus included under the game title and publisher on the search list.

In fact they have done it

Also according to this blog on SE NA there 24 pages of stuff in this book.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

That short? For something that's supposed to be an artbook for 3 games and LIMITED EDITION, I'd expect a lot more :/

All of the artwork we've already seen for those three games probably amounts to 24 pages, haha.

In all seriousness, I suppose that if the book had anymore content, considering we are getting 24 pages worth for free with the preorder, they might as well just sell it individually.

Last edited:

LordPhantomhive

Awards

That short? For something that's supposed to be an artbook for 3 games and LIMITED EDITION, I'd expect a lot more :/
Eh that pretty much around the standard of these type of art books, so yeah not really that surprising, but I hope it hardcover.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Remember this game is already $39.99. This is really cheap per SCEA's pricing standard for HD Remasters. They wouldn't have room in their budget to make a $100+ page artbook.

24 pages sounds about right for what art we've seen from the Ultimanias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back