• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How come the King never intereacted with Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nafizl

Wasnt it a bit weird since he was a guardian of light and... yeah I just wanna know why Roxas and Mickey did not meet..

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Mickey didn't know about Roxas until much later.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
*Mickey sees Roxas.*
"Ven, is that you?!"
*Roxas looks at him all funny.*
"Who the heck are you talking about? My name's Roxas."
Mickey: "You even sound like him too..."

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Mickey didn't know about Roxas until much later.

Exactly, wasn't it like that Mickey never even knew Roxas existed until Ansem the Wise mentioned him shortly before his machine went boom?
Speaking about that, it's a bit strange that in Coded, when Mickey viewed the Memories of torment together with Data-Sora, didn't comment on Roxas' and Ven's twin-looks.
Still, he may have made his own theories as after that in the secret ending he says to Yen Sid that they may now be close to find Ven's heart.
This opens again a can of worms though why Mickey didn't inform Sora of his suspicion that he harbors another heart within him.
Much of Young Xehanort's and Xemnas' mindfuck would have been less successful if Sora knew already about possible others beside Roxas inside him.

It would have been a bit ironic if Roxas and Mickey met. It would be the same with Hercules. They might have remembered Ventus.

Why do you think Hercules and Roxas always "just missed" one another during Days? Because Hercules isn't as dense as Phil and would have noticed that Roxas is Ventus' twin-in-looks.
Tinkerbell doesn't speak, but it isn't farfetched that she immediately approached Roxas in Days because he reminded her of Ventus. The reason Peter Pan was left out of the Days-Neverland missions is probably the same reason as Hercules, he would have remembered and comment on Roxas' uncanny resemblance of Ventus in terms of appearance.

*Mickey sees Roxas.*
"Ven, is that you?!"
*Roxas looks at him all funny.*
"Who the heck are you talking about? My name's Roxas."
Mickey: "You even sound like him too..."

Yeah, lol, that's why they never let Mickey interact with him.

The last thing is funny though as when you listen to both Roxas and Ventus in Dream Drop Distance, especially when they ask Riku the questions in the end, you'll notice how Jesse McCartney manages to give both of them a distinct, different tone of voice.
I don't know if Koki Uchiyama manages the same variety in the original japanese dialogue, but Jesse certainly is successful in making them sound very different.

gootch

Also to add to whats been said so far for the majority of the kh games that had roxas in them ventus was an idea charecter still in development tetsu was obviously for a time frame wingin it in my opinion.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also to add to whats been said so far for the majority of the kh games that had roxas in them ventus was an idea charecter still in development tetsu was obviously for a time frame wingin it in my opinion.

He's admitted to making things up as he goes. Whether or not Ven actually has anything to do with it doesn't particularly make much of a difference. A King's a King. Surely he has better things to do.

gootch

I was only stating that he wouldnt have had a reaction happen for someone he hadnt even finished yet there for tetsu had the idea of ventus but wasnt sure that was the direction he was gonna go with that particular individual so he made sure the king didnt meet roxas because he had the idea for ven but didnt wanna have his majesty say something and then not follow thru with the creation of ven

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Your explanation is based entirely on the belief that Nomura didn't want Roxas to meet with select individuals because of Ven when it's entirely possible he had nothing to do with it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
TLDR Mickey never saw Roxas because Roxas never went to Castle Oblivion as Axel did. That's just the way the character plots of Mickey and Roxas wound up happening; had Roxas gone to Castle Oblivion (which might have and might have not made a lot of sense) Roxas would have probably come into contact with Mickey, Riku, Sora, Donald, and Goofy, as well as Namine (which I doubt Xemnas would have allowed, as Xemnas most likely knew Roxas' Other was Sora.)

And Ven never did anything wrong :c

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Your explanation is based entirely on the belief that Nomura didn't want Roxas to meet with select individuals because of Ven when it's entirely possible he had nothing to do with it.

To be fair, just because Ven might've been a CONCEPT back then doesn't mean Nomura didn't already have a link between their appearances in mind. It doesn't disapprove the theory. I can't think of a character that SHOULD have recognized Roxas as similar to Ventus except Phil, who's a bit of a spaz, and Xigbar, which is kinda a gaping plot whole if my memory serves me. But there's no reason to think Xigbar wasn't just hiding what he knew of the keyblade weilders.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Ven wasn't even just a concept when days was finished. Hell, he was visualized pretty well in 2007. The two games were being made in tandem with bbs possibly being worked on before days, so it's not far fetched to think that some changes were made to avoid contradictions. For one, xigbar probably remembers Ven but doesn't show it cuz whenever we see him, it's with Roxas or the rest. Not to mention time can make us even forget the faces of our loved ones.

Coded(and ddd)more or less is as sephiroth put it, a can of worms here.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ven wasn't even just a concept when days was finished. Hell, he was visualized pretty well in 2007. The two games were being made in tandem with bbs possibly being worked on before days, so it's not far fetched to think that some changes were made to avoid contradictions.
Xigbar sees Xion as Ven in Days...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ven wasn't even just a concept when days was finished. Hell, he was visualized pretty well in 2007. The two games were being made in tandem with bbs possibly being worked on before days, so it's not far fetched to think that some changes were made to avoid contradictions.

Ventus' design was completely finished by the time of Days actually, as Nomura stated that he always knew that Ventus should look either like Sora or Roxas and at first he wasn't sure with which to go, but by the time KH 2 Final Mix came out we can actually see Ven's face and that was way before Days.

In fact, before Nintendo approached Square to make a Kingdom Hearts title for the DS and before Nomura decided Roxas' time in the Organisation would be the best period to cover story-wise Birth by Sleep was already planned out in concept.

Coded was requested by Disney, Days by Nintendo. Out of the "handheld-trinity", Birth by Sleep was at first the only one Nomura intended to make, with Ventus' appearance already set by the time of KH 2 Final Mix.
BBS was also the first on which development started (as you suspect ;) ), on the PS2 no less. Then BBS got delayed by making Re: CoM, which eventually resulted in the switch to the PSP and BBS being, despite started first, the last one of the handheld-trinity to be released.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^Yeah, I knew all of that except for bbs being the only one planned after kh2, which is why i said what I said.

Which brings me back to the fact that both games were in the end, being worked on simultaneously which makes it easier to avoid certain continuity mistakes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yep, but only initially as Nintendo approached rather fast, and the story of "Roxas' time in the Organisation" existed already as a rough draft by Nomura although he wasn't sure if and in what form it could ever be told.

That too, and the fact that it was 10 friggin' years ago and most of them, even Phil, met Ventus only for a couple of hours at best and those who did bond closer with him like Peter Pan or Hercules were either left out of Days or never got to see Roxas.
Not everyone is going to be so obsessed with Ven's face like Xigbar, who DOES mention in the secret reports how similar Roxas is to "him".

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yep, but only initially as Nintendo approached rather fast, and the story of "Roxas' time in the Organisation" existed already as a rough draft by Nomura although he wasn't sure if and in what form it could ever be told.

That too, and the fact that it was 10 friggin' years ago and most of them, even Phil, met Ventus only for a couple of hours at best and those who did bond closer with him like Peter Pan or Hercules were either left out of Days or never got to see Roxas.
Not everyone is going to be so obsessed with Ven's face like Xigbar, who DOES mention in the secret reports how similar Roxas is to "him".

Since, I read through Kingdom Hearts 358/2 manga. I did see Roxas interact with Herucles and Peter Pan. Neither of them were like, "Oh, hey you remind me of what's his face" or "Hey, you look just like Ventus". Did everybody that interact with Ventus, Aqua and Terra forget about them? What's going on with that?

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Since, I read through Kingdom Hearts 358/2 manga. I did see Roxas interact with Herucles and Peter Pan. Neither of them were like, "Oh, hey you remind me of what's his face" or "Hey, you look just like Ventus". Did everybody that interact with Ventus, Aqua and Terra forget about them? What's going on with that?
The manga is usually a 2nd level canon. You can't really go by it in all cases.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I remember goldpanner had a really great way of explaining this that I can't find right now so hopefully I don't butcher it.

Like Meilin said, the official sources of the series can be viewed in levels or tiers, arranged like so:

1. Games
2. Novels
3. Manga

If nothing from novels or manga contradict the games, then you can "stack" the information given to perceive as "official". The manga takes many liberties with the story in order to make it a more enjoyable experience. While Roxas did interact much with Hercules and Peter Pan, we saw that he clearly didn't in the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back