• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should the resolution of Kingdom Hearts 3 be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

Given all that has happened thus far in the Kingdom Hearts series everything has led up to the final confrontation between the 7 Seekers of Light and the 13 seekers of darkness what do you guys think will be the final outcome for Kingdom Hearts 3 do you think it will be a more darker outcome or do you think the final resolution will be more of a happy ending? Feel free to speculate all you want; I'm interested in hearing what you guys think the final outcome of Kingdom Hearts 3 (or more specifically the seeker of darkness chronicle) will be like.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
tumblr_mb6jh7R7KO1rvzu9do1_500.gif

I'm sure the outcome will be pretty damn happy with maybe a small hint of bittersweetness. Assuming everybody that needed to be freed from their torment will be saved, but somebody will make some self-sacrifice that will either be permanent or short-term. Hopefully short-term because I don't think we can handle anymore sacrifices and "deaths".

They wouldn't end it on a dark note after two games already did (BBS, Days) and one almost got there (KH3D) and they would have to end the Xehanort Saga on a fulfilling note.

daydreamer01

I'm sure the outcome will be pretty damn happy with maybe a small hint of bittersweetness. Assuming everybody that needed to be freed from their torment will be saved, but somebody will make some self-sacrifice that will either be permanent or short-term. Hopefully short-term because I don't think we can handle anymore sacrifices and "deaths".

They wouldn't end it on a dark note after two games already did (BBS, Days) and one almost got there (KH3D) and they would have to end the Xehanort Saga on a fulfilling note.

Totally agree with you, I'm guessing that they will aim on making people cry at the end. What I DO NOT want them to do is to split up sora,riku and kairi again or make one of the allies suddenly turn evil (unless they become good again). Either way I can see it being a happy completed ending with some form of bittersweetness.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I imagine that the ending of kh3 will end with xehanort's defeat and sora and his allies celebrating by having a huge party. There will be catching up and sora and kairi may confess their feelings for one another.

daydreamer01

I would like to see how the final battle works, it might just be me who wants to fight with all the characters in like a cutsence triangle thing, you know like your fight one of the bad guys with sora lile you normally would then you can use the command button thing (I don't remember what the real name for the button is) then lea just bursts into the fight then you begin to fight with lea like normal until the next button command thing shows up. I really think that would be fun. Just for the final boss fight though.

But anyway, I got carried away there what I want to know is if they plan on making ven return to his body (cause I don't think they've done it yet).

PhantomSoD

There will be catching up and sora and kairi may confess their feelings for one another.

eww...sorry, I just really hate this needless pair...

But anyway, I'd like the ending to have implications of where the story will go next saga. Whether a new vilan comes to power with the death of xeanhort(hopefully accidentally by Xeanhorts own hubris) or(god forbid) we get some dude who has apparently been there the whole time pulling Xeanhort's strings. Either way I want some kind of hint as to what will come next to make me fangasm, and hard!

I would definitely like the trios to depart within their own groups. No more splitting them up next saga as that has been played to death. I'd love to have the last few missions actually have us play as TAV SRK ARX and MDG in their respective parties to finish it up. (Never really been a fan of "splitting up the team" endings...too much feels for me)

Gram

Banned
Awards

This pretty much^
After all this built up and two sad ending games I just dont see kh3 ending on a sad note. Maybe a small 'omg noooo' moment near the end of the final battle but nothing tragic or permanent.

I can see it ending with everyone having some sort of get together and then it showing all those who suffered by Xehanort rebuilding their lives during the credits.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, considering that none of the KH games so far had a true happy ending (KH 2 may count for those fans who still think that Roxas and Naminé don't deserve to be their own entities and disregard the peril of TAV), I would welcome a true happy ending after all the sadness and sacrifices resulting in fates worse than death in the games before.

The bittersweet note in the end could probably related somehow to Isa, as while Terra fought against Xehanort's influence from the beginning, Isa certainly went along with it for a while.
So it may come to the conclusion that while Isa does get redeemed due to Lea's efforts, unlike Terra he doesn't manage to get all the way back and perishes together with MX, Ansem SoD and Xemnas for good.
OR it could relate to the fact that there needs to be something done in order to ensure that Xehanort stays gone, and Isa (possibly alongside Eraqus) decides to play the role of keeping Xehanort gone forever, which requires him to not return with the others.

Lea gaining back Roxas and Xion but effectively losing Isa in the process would be certainly a bittersweet jab.

My stance on romance may or may not be already widely known around the forum, but I'd say again that I prefer it ambigious and largely left out of the main canon. It's just annoying and detracts from the main friendship/companion theme.

As for the outlook for the next saga, that should probably be reserved for the secret ending, possibly even in a FMV-mindfuck scene again like after KH 1 and KH 2 which makes everyone go WTF instead of including it in the regular ending.
The regular ending should possibly involve a sort of "victory party" of the good guys (probably a beach party at Destiny Islands (or Twilight Town, to include Hayner and co.), letting Roxas and Xion finally get to the beach) giving truly some sort of closure with the main trios returning to their home/main worlds during the credits, meaning MDG back to Disney Castle, TAV to Land of Departure, SRK to Destiny Islands and RAX + Naminé to Twilight Town (or Naminé stays on DI as well).

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
There'll be a happy ending, of course; then there will probably be an awesome secret ending after the credits.
eww...sorry, I just really hate this needless pair...
They will share a Paupo fruit like the etching on the wall shows, and you'll love it. ;D

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well, considering that none of the KH games so far had a true happy ending (KH 2 may count for those fans who still think that Roxas and Naminé don't deserve to be their own entities and disregard the peril of TAV), I would welcome a true happy ending after all the sadness and sacrifices resulting in fates worse than death in the games before.

The bittersweet note in the end could probably related somehow to Isa, as while Terra fought against Xehanort's influence from the beginning, Isa certainly went along with it for a while.
So it may come to the conclusion that while Isa does get redeemed due to Lea's efforts, unlike Terra he doesn't manage to get all the way back and perishes together with MX, Ansem SoD and Xemnas for good.
OR it could relate to the fact that there needs to be something done in order to ensure that Xehanort stays gone, and Isa (possibly alongside Eraqus) decides to play the role of keeping Xehanort gone forever, which requires him to not return with the others.

Lea gaining back Roxas and Xion but effectively losing Isa in the process would be certainly a bittersweet jab.

My stance on romance may or may not be already widely known around the forum, but I'd say again that I prefer it ambigious and largely left out of the main canon. It's just annoying and detracts from the main friendship/companion theme.

As for the outlook for the next saga, that should probably be reserved for the secret ending, possibly even in a FMV-minddiddly scene again like after KH 1 and KH 2 which makes everyone go WTF instead of including it in the regular ending.
The regular ending should possibly involve a sort of "victory party" of the good guys (probably a beach party at Destiny Islands (or Twilight Town, to include Hayner and co.), letting Roxas and Xion finally get to the beach) giving truly some sort of closure with the main trios returning to their home/main worlds during the credits, meaning MDG back to Disney Castle, TAV to Land of Departure, SRK to Destiny Islands and RAX + Naminé to Twilight Town (or Naminé stays on DI as well).

But Sephiroth, there isnt a land of departure anymore. It was destroyed by xehanort, and turned into castle oblivion by aqua

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But Sephiroth, there isnt a land of departure anymore. It was destroyed by xehanort, and turned into castle oblivion by aqua

Castle Oblivion is a defense mechanism for the Land of Departure. Just as easy it is for a Master to enable its defense, it is easy to deactivate it and return the world to its original form. Also whatever damage is left they can fix. The world should be able to regain its complete original form, though, because it was destroyed by the Darkness. Just like any other world torn apart by the Darkness, when they are recovered they are usually back the way they were (except Hollow Bastion which was not swallowed or destroyed by the Darkness but invaded and stayed in the Realm of Light)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
im actually kind of curious what RAX and TAV are going to do with their lives after the final battle with xehanort

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Beyond the obvious:

Roxas and Xion will be normal kids that go to school and the beach and hang out with friends and get into messes. Lea will probably be with them and sleep all day, they would probably travel the universe sometimes to help worlds with issues with their Keyblades.

I imagine TAV would continue the tradition and take on students to train, maybe people like Roxas and Xion? (Because Aqua already said she wouldn't want to curse anybody with their sad fate so working with people who already have Keyblade would be something better?) Maybe Ven will go off and have another adventure. Anything can happen.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Beyond the obvious:

Roxas and Xion will be normal kids that go to school and the beach and hang out with friends and get into messes. Lea will probably be with them and sleep all day, they would probably travel the universe sometimes to help worlds with issues with their Keyblades.

I imagine TAV would continue the tradition and take on students to train, maybe people like Roxas and Xion? (Because Aqua already said she wouldn't want to curse anybody with their sad fate so working with people who already have Keyblade would be something better?) Maybe Ven will go off and have another adventure. Anything can happen.

i actually like the idea of all of the current keyblade wielders in the series passing down their keyblades to the next generation. maybe the keyble wielding characters will perform the ceremony on different people in different worlds between the end of kh3 and the start of the new saga (or during the new saga)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Oh yeah, but destroyed/transformed worlds returning to their original state has been totally unheard of since the first game in this series, right? :D

i actually like the idea of all of the current keyblade wielders in the series passing down their keyblades to the next generation. maybe the keyble wielding characters will perform the ceremony on different people in different worlds between the end of kh3 and the start of the new saga (or during the new saga)

Except that beside Spockanort nowhere saying that in her post, the ceremony does NOT pass down actual keyblades but solely the ability to wield.
Riku (and by extension Sora) does not wield Terra's Earthshaker nor does Kairi have Aqua's Rainfell, they have another Keyblade chose them.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh yeah, but destroyed/transformed worlds returning to their original state has been totally unheard of since the first game in this series, right? :D

Except that beside Spockanort nowhere saying that in her post, the ceremony does NOT pass down actual keyblades but solely the ability to wield.
Riku (and by extension Sora) does not wield Terra's Earthshaker nor does Kairi have Aqua's Rainfell, they have another Keyblade chose them.

thats what i meant, passing on the ability to wield the keyblade. what do you think of that idea?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
thats what i meant, passing on the ability to wield the keyblade. what do you think of that idea?

In all honesty not too much, as Nomura stressed repeatedly that Sora will stay the main protagonist until the very end and it's not very likely that the other main characters, a whole bunch of which went through hell and back and are the main focus to be brought back by Sora's efforts in the finale, will be just unceremoniously shoved aside or give up everything to make room for a "new generation" when except Terra and Aqua they're all barely adolescents anyways.

Except Sora and Riku anyone of them also hadn't much time to shine yet, so it stands to reason that there might be new character arcs in store for them to get more development even in the new saga.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Either the epic return of worlds to the original state and/or Xehanort is defeated but sort of redeemed, but not in a way where he joins the heroes and sticks around but rather finds a new path.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The honest problem with them going around giving inheritance ceremonies to others is that I doubt Aqua, Terra, or Ven would ever want anybody to suffer like they have. Aqua had already decided against giving kid Sora a Rite of Inheritance because of her worries that she'd be dooming the two boys to having to fight against each other someday if things ended up getting bad.

Of course without her help Sora still got a Keyblade and faced off against Riku, but it still solidifies the fact that having a Keyblade can become a burden when jealousy or hate or a lust for power comes into play.

They would probably only train people who were already chosen by the Keyblade, but they wouldn't actively see people to become new wielders.

It'd be interesting to see some new characters who can wield in the next saga, though, but I wouldn't expect TAV to have been the ones to initiate something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back