• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Main Roleplay: Kingdom Hearts Eclipse - Interest Check

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should Kingdom Hearts Eclipse be made into the main roleplay? Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Okay, to be short and sweet about it, there has been plenty of discussion concerning a "main roleplay" of sort for the section, and I thought I'd put forward mine for consideration: Kingdom Hearts Eclipse.

Apart from the general plot and direction, most is open to discussion and collaboration. Furthermore, and details such as stats and levels, and how and if they should be executed, will be discussed here as well.

The larger-scale idea I had in mind was that we could have multiple roleplays going on simultaneously, all from the same sign-up, and that some characters (those with adequate transportation, like Marshals or Mickey) would then be able to move from roleplay to roleplay, and perhaps have a few "event" moments where, for a little bit, two roleplays merge into one until the event has finished.

My time is a bit limited at the moment to expand on everything, so please, express your thoughts concerning this idea. Also, for the voting aspect, please write a comment as to why you voted that way. Because it will not be anonymous, and I will track you down and ask for a reason, if one is not provided.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and please, do let me know your thoughts about this.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
And yes, I voted in favor of myself, because I am a member of this community as well, and something needs to be done before this section fades beyond repair and restoration.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
KH: Eclipse always seemed like it could benefit from a large cast -- more so than most RPs. Multiple threads would help avoid some problems that come with having many roleplayers, and would allow for both experienced and inexperienced writers to be among their own.

I vote yea.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
OE2lxFN.gif

You can't make me provide a reason Omnoms

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO​

Awards
^Where do you keep getting these gifs of sloths?

*ahem* I voted 'yay' because I'd honestly like to see what would become of a RP of this magnitude.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Seems a bit far-fetched. I mean, the idea is neat and if it actually can be successful in this broad direction, then it would be fantastic. Of course, I'm not apart of the rp, so I'm probably not speaking from experience or something like that. Safe to say I voted nay, but good luck with this. :)

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Though I've had absolutely no time to join or participate in any RP's, and I've still got my qualms about stat systems and what not, it'd be interesting to see how this turns out should it get up off the ground. I vote yea.

and perhaps by the time it is up, I might have time and would definitely join if executed well.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Okay, in the meanwhile, what are everyone's thoughts on the inclusion of a stat and/or level system? If yes, to what degree and in what way should it be implemented? Should it be complicated and detailed, counting many different stats? Or should it be really simple, in which only a general level is displayed? Or would we be better to forego the inclusion of a stat/level system altogether and allow the roleplayers and roleplay managers manage the growth rates?

Give me your thoughts.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Complex or simple, it needs to be something that can be rigorously applied, perhaps rock-paper-scissors style, so we can always say what should have won (or whatever) in a given situation.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
The following stats have been proposed, and I bring it for your consideration:

- Strength
- Magic
- Defense
- Agility
- Intelligence
- Charisma

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Attempts to persuade, intimidate, charm, manipulate others, etc?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
^You'd be surprised how often such things will probably come up.

Intelligence would refer to the ability to strategize, plan ahead, anticipate an opponent's next move, know how A will affect B, etc., as well as just general, all-around intelligence.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
So basically you're planing to import the basic stat structure of a D&D campaign? I'm not sure how I feel about that, since my characters always ended up dead in D&D. (I had a very, very sadistic DM.) It also might discourage creative roleplaying, if you know from the start that you have NO chance of winning because of stats. Lets be fair, if Sora and Ansem had stats like that, Sora wouldn't have won at all. There has to be room for some form of "X-Factor". Even if it's a luck stat, willpower stat, or a dice roll, or what have you.

On the subject of the RP itself, I'd relish the chance to enter into an RP with that kind of detail and forethought, but in my experience those are often the RPs that die out fastest. I myself am a little intimidated by catching up with a detailed RP if I wasn't there from the start. Perhaps a summary thread of what had gone on, updated every 1-4 days, would ease that for anyone who signs up. It would be discouraging for someone who just signed up to see this huge, multi thread, hundreds of page RP that everyone was on and they just don't have the time to catch up on.

In the end I vote Yea (even though I just got here) because i'd like to see something of a site wide RP implemented. The idea reminds me of the "Omniverse" roleplays of the 2004-2006 KHInsider that I (and everyone else) admired Morpheus and Lord Of Chaos/Zexion the Master for. That was something that coalesced and unified the entire forum as a community of roleplayers and really increased the creativity and literacy of all the roleplayers in the forum. I'd be glad to see something like that happen again.

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
So basically you're planing to import the basic stat structure of a D&D campaign? I'm not sure how I feel about that, since my characters always ended up dead in D&D. (I had a very, very sadistic DM.) It also might discourage creative roleplaying, if you know from the start that you have NO chance of winning because of stats. Lets be fair, if Sora and Ansem had stats like that, Sora wouldn't have won at all. There has to be room for some form of "X-Factor". Even if it's a luck stat, willpower stat, or a dice roll, or what have you.

Hypothetically. Whether or not a stat system is implemented is still debatable, and depends on the community's opinion on it.

But to be fair, Sora didn't fight Ansem at the beginning of his journey. It was at the end, after having grown much stronger with each fight and internally stronger as a person, that he was able to defeat Ansem. Plus, the concept of "my friends are my power" that allowed Sora to defeat foes far stronger than him will be carried over as well.

On the subject of the RP itself, I'd relish the chance to enter into an RP with that kind of detail and forethought, but in my experience those are often the RPs that die out fastest.

Though it had several points of downtime, this roleplay originally lasted for close to two years. I can give you—and everyone else, for that matter—my word that regardless of work or whatnot, I'd keep this roleplay running.

I myself am a little intimidated by catching up with a detailed RP if I wasn't there from the start. Perhaps a summary thread of what had gone on, updated every 1-4 days, would ease that for anyone who signs up. It would be discouraging for someone who just signed up to see this huge, multi thread, hundreds of page RP that everyone was on and they just don't have the time to catch up on.

I did that with the roleplay previously (albeit, not as detailed), and have every intent to do so this time around as well. I'd have each sub-manager send me a summary of the events every X amount of days and add it to the sign-up thread.

In the end I vote Yea (even though I just got here) because i'd like to see something of a site wide RP implemented. The idea reminds me of the "Omniverse" roleplays of the 2004-2006 KHInsider that I (and everyone else) admired Morpheus and Lord Of Chaos/Zexion the Master for. That was something that coalesced and unified the entire forum as a community of roleplayers and really increased the creativity and literacy of all the roleplayers in the forum. I'd be glad to see something like that happen again.

That is what I am aiming for, but whether or not this project will succeed hinges on the community participating in it, and—well, let's just say all of our previous attempts to bring together the entire community outside of their little groups has been less than successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back