• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- NA Launch Trailer at PAX East!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Yes voices can drop in around 20 days, however the ending scene of KH1 has Sora, Donald, and Goofy already in that grassy world where they stumble upon CO. (you know the scene right before sora comes to the cross roads at night) So does that mean his voice dropped in like at most a week or did they walk around that world for 20 days (almost a month) before stumbling on castle oblivion?

Enjoyin the scenary for 20 days 8)

Those Days scenes. I'm actually contemplating powering through those 3 hours

Nostalgia galore this year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes voices can drop in around 20 days, however the ending scene of KH1 has Sora, Donald, and Goofy already in that grassy world where they stumble upon CO. (you know the scene right before sora comes to the cross roads at night) So does that mean his voice dropped in like at most a week or did they walk around that world for 20 days (almost a month) before stumbling on castle oblivion?

I never said they walked through that grassy area for 20 days. I said that everything that went down between Sora becoming a Heartless to reaching the end of KH1 probably happened in a few days and that 20 days is ample time for a voice to drop. Which includes the time while Sora was a Heartless to the end. Also we have no idea how long that grassy field went and for how long. They fade in to them camping and then to Sora finding the castle so anything.

CortrellTheGamer

dont get me wrong, im excited kh is finally going hd on ps3 & we're finally getting final mix (which
I've already played..) to the states, but thats the problem..it shouldn't be a "FINALLY". i mean why release it so close the PS4..or maybe its just me..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
dont get me wrong, im excited kh is finally going hd on ps3 & we're finally getting final mix (which
I've already played..) to the states, but thats the problem..it shouldn't be a "FINALLY". i mean why release it so close the PS4..or maybe its just me..

Mostly because Re:coded was released in late 2010/early 2011 and development for KH3D was full-steam ahead up until it released 2012 and there wasn't any free staff able to work on it until after KH3D. Maybe.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Complete agree. However, I would prefer it this way if it meant they were doing actual work on the game in order for it to be at its very best

Yeah, even if they had a few people on the main team having to choose and cut the cutscenes of the game to give to those who work on the trailers, I'd rather they just finish the game itself. By year's end we'll see anything and everything the trailer could have shown us anyways ^_^

That looks awesome!

Idk if others see it or if its even there, but I think I can see the difference, by their facial expressions and eyes! :3

Yeah, everything in the game is remastered visually so everything should look better, I can't think of anything that doesn't yet :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
She was in Camp Rock? I only know her from Phineas and Ferb/Step Up.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Why are people saying Axel, and Xion sound bored?
Well, that's because Xion DOES sound bored (inb4 a bunch of people automatically assume I'm some idiot who only knows her from the Disney Channel crap. Regardless if she's good in other roles or not, she is not good here)

I'll tell you though, I do see really stupid comments about "Sora sounds gayer now" even though it's clearly the exact same recording from the original KH1. Or the comments saying "How dare they re-dub Billy Zane with Richard Epcar in this" even though it's clearly the original dub with Billy Zane (although if people can't even tell, then does complaining about Billy Zane even make sense anymore?)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, that's because Xion DOES sound bored (inb4 a bunch of people automatically assume I'm some idiot who only knows her from the Disney Channel crap. Regardless if she's good in other roles or not, she is not good here)

I'll tell you though, I do see really stupid comments about "Sora sounds gayer now" even though it's clearly the exact same recording from the original KH1. Or the comments saying "How dare they re-dub Billy Zane with Richard Epcar in this" even though it's clearly the original dub with Billy Zane (although if people can't even tell, then does complaining about Billy Zane even make sense anymore?)

How can you even judge that from like from all three lines she says in a crappy 2 minute trailer? xD

ROFL I saw the people complaining about Sora. It's really weird and random as I thought people considered HJO's pre-puberty voice the superior voice? xD Also it just shows how completely trivial those Zane-Epcar complaints are. If people can't even tell the difference between the two, or recognize any voice in the trailer for that matter, they have nothing to complain about and shows that hey maybe Epcar really isn't as bad as the Zane-nostalgia makes you think he is.

sonickenshin

Awards
Why are people saying Axel, and Xion sound bored?
Yeah, I'm not hearing it either...though I can kiiiiiinda see why people think Axel is, since he spoke a bit too slowly in that one line. Personally (not that my opinion matter much), I actually think Stoner's emoting is a lot better than it was in DS Days, but she does sound like her voice dropped a bit.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
How can you even judge that from like from all three lines she says in a crappy 2 minute trailer? xD

I'm not judging the whole performance, I'm just judging the lines given. And yeah, they're pretty awkward. And I didn't like her performance in the original game either, so I really don't think this will win me over. It's as if Xion ate KH2's Aerith or something and all the monotone started coming out.

Anyway, I'm just gonna leave this here:
[video=youtube;r7Sdy7wqWhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Sdy7wqWhM[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lines in these trailers are always awkward. In the actual scene they're meant to be in, I'm sure they'll be better.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm... you say that, but I don't think so. It's really only Xion that sounds awkward. Everyone else sounds fine. And considering that she sounded awkward in the original game as well, yeah, I'm sure it's the performance itself.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmm... you say that, but I don't think so. It's really only Xion that sounds awkward. Everyone else sounds fine. And considering that she sounded awkward in the original game as well, yeah, I'm sure it's the performance itself.

Well the original game was well...that. It's also been quite some years since that initial performance and she has a lot more voice acting experience under her belt now. I don't expect her to be fantastic, but I wouldn't sell her short so soon.

Also SE is really notorious for crap trailers with bad voice clip pickings. They manage to make everything sound very stilted xD

Also in the end the blame is usually on the voice director. Especially since it is apparently a Japanese voice director on the phone relaying orders to a translator to the recording manager and a part of me doesn't really trust the process that much xD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Anyway, I'm just gonna leave this here

KH has some pretty darn creepy laughs and screams imo Kairi in KH1, Vexen in JPN Re:CoM, Larxene in NA Re:CoM, TAV in BbS during the opening where they don't stop laughing...ever on a repeating track -__-

I can kind of see where people might not like the few lines displayed in the trailer. While I don't think Xion sounded bored, I think it comes from the lack of expression people were expecting in those scenes. In the CO scene where she is with Axel, she isn't yelling but more just speaking a little bit loudly when I think people were expecting a bit more from her there. The other scenes too, while Alyson doesn't sound bad, she was phenomenal either. These are just a few lines though so I'll wait till I see all the cutscenes before making my judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back