• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What else do you think they could've done to improve KH for the collection?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
1) Playable 358/2 Days
2) Japanese / English audio
3) 4 spell shortcuts instead of 3 (surprised they didn't change this)
4) Enemy colour choice

Awards
They really should have animated some of the boss battles in the 358/2 Days theater. Particularly Roxas vs. Xion and Roxas vs. Riku.

Kevin Perez

Makes Days actually 4 hours 30 minutes and fix the fish faces in Kingdom Hearts but that's just nitpicking.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Leaving the Destiny Island glitches at the End of the World. (because we ALL know they probably fixed it *crying*)

That's what the PS2 version is for now, all dem codes en glitches.

for me, they could've improved the fish faces on minor characters, seeing that it'd be unrealistic for them to have full rendered faces.
2. The option to choose not just voices but whether or not you want the original soundtrack. I'll happily take the remastered one, but as Star Wars has proven a choice is always best.
3.improved gummi missions.
4.improved flight and swim controls
5.Improved atlantica combat. we all hate that we don't zone in on those enemies during regular combos.
6, and we all wanted it for a while now, Sebastian as a party member!

For days, just the Boss fights. Have them actually be present. And give at least Hayner Pence and Olette voices for the all-important vacation day.

RECOM doesn't really need much as nothing really bothered me in the PS2 version, except maybe having Axel's original line in there before saying how much he enjoyed letting Namine loose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
.......................................Why?

Days HD is almost all RAX scenes on the Twilight Town tower. Many fan favorite scenes were reduced to text transitions, and some rather important scenes weren't shown at all (Roxas vs Saix for example). I think a few more scenes would be rather nice~

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Days HD is almost all RAX scenes on the Twilight Town tower. Many fan favorite scenes were reduced to text transitions, and some rather important scenes weren't shown at all (Roxas vs Saix for example). I think a few more scenes would be rather nice~

Personally, I feel that they should've just re-prioritized which scenes got in and which were taken out. I really don't think we needed 90% of the RAX scenes on Twilight Town, they're not really that story important. I think adding even more cutscenes would've just made it a drag to watch.
To be honest, I really wish they just re-organized it to work like an actual movie. I was so disappointed to see that they chose not to make cutscenes for boss fights because I would've loved to see Roxas VS Xion rather than having her battle theme awkwardly playing over what should've been a silent and tense scene.

Soooo overall, I think most of us can agree that Days could've been handled better. Of course that's also the popular opinion on the actual Days game altogether, so I guess this is a really good representation of that lol

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Personally, I feel that they should've just re-prioritized which scenes got in and which were taken out. I really don't think we needed 90% of the RAX scenes on Twilight Town, they're not really that story important. I think adding even more cutscenes would've just made it a drag to watch.
To be honest, I really wish they just re-organized it to work like an actual movie. I was so disappointed to see that they chose not to make cutscenes for boss fights because I would've loved to see Roxas VS Xion rather than having her battle theme awkwardly playing over what should've been a silent and tense scene.

Soooo overall, I think most of us can agree that Days could've been handled better. Of course that's also the popular opinion on the actual Days game altogether, so I guess this is a really good representation of that lol
I agree except for the first point. I think character important scenes are about as necessary as story important ones.

And I didn't even watch yet, but I just knew this would be how they handled it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I agree except for the first point. I think character important scenes are about as necessary as story important ones.

Except they're not even really character important. I'm sorry, but a scene about Roxas and Axel eating ice cream and talking about how they learned about friendship because of a mission they just did is NOT as important as something like Saix encountering Roxas.

And I didn't even watch yet, but I just knew this would be how they handled it.

Soooo you're disagreeing with me on something that you haven't even watched? o_0

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
If this is a wish thread, then adding more NPCs to the worlds...not extras rooms or anything, just a few more here and there. Maybe like 1 or 2 into some rooms and none in others ^_^

EDIT: Oh! And fix the dialogue that doesn't make sense like Donald not knowing about Merlin despite being trained by him and not knowing about Yensid's tower despite being there in BbS.
When was it said Donald was trained by Merlin?

For KH1: Option to choose between old voices and new voices. Like having a full game with no bubble scenes and the KH2 Sora voice, with the other being original voices and bubble scenes. I wouldn't mind playing the game without bubble scenes because there were a lot of them in the first game, most of them used only because they didn't have voice actors(i.e. Cheshire Cat). It would also make for good replay value.
But they would've just used Jim Cummings for Cheshire Cat, and he's Winnie the Pooh.

Last edited by a moderator:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
When was it said Donald was trained by Merlin?

KH2 Journal Entry for Merlin said:
The Sword in the Stone (1963)A powerful wizard who's currently living in Hollow Bastion. He's letting the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee use his house as a meeting place.
Merlin has wisdom and magical powers that are second to none, and he taught Donald most of what he knows about magic. He also has a mysterious bag that can hold anything, no matter how big it is.

Why is it saying my post is less than 25 characters??? I know it isn't lol xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why is it saying my post is less than 25 characters??? I know it isn't lol xD

Because quotes don't count for the required 25 character minimum.

Vəntus;5987823 said:
I'm kind of upset that they did not include an option to switch between normal and FM Heartless palettes... additionally, there was a glitch where Pride Rock's back rock does not appear when summoning Simba.

Well that is really weird (and depressing.) Have you noticed any other errors/glitches in the game?

Kevin Perez

I'm not sure if this counts or anything but looking at the YouTube Walkthrough videos for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, the scene with Riku and Maleficent in Traverse Town (second visit) still has the dreaded fish face. If I recall, before the game's release, there were scans/pictures that depicted that particular scene with Riku's face fully rendered, that is, it didn't have your standard fish face. Perhaps Square Enix forgot to add it so or maybe I was just seeing things? Perhaps I'll check again to be sure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not sure if this counts or anything but looking at the YouTube Walkthrough videos for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, the scene with Riku and Maleficent in Traverse Town (second visit) still has the dreaded fish face. If I recall, before the game's release, there were scans/pictures that depicted that particular scene with Riku's face fully rendered, that is, it didn't have your standard fish face. Perhaps Square Enix forgot to add it so or maybe I was just seeing things? Perhaps I'll check again to be sure.

They are called bullshots. Companies (in this example, Square Enix) edit screenshots of their games to look nice and are often not a true representation of the game itself. They are just meant to look pretty.

The scene you're talking about does have an update to it, mainly Maleficent's face and Riku's model, but yes fish face is still there in that one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back