• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- NA Launch Trailer at PAX East!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;Ef31XPs3-0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef31XPs3-0s[/video]

(You all have to know I was going to post this video. Guys, Jesse McCartney needs to release a new song so we can mark 1.5 with it like past releases. KH2 was "Right Where You Want Me" Days was "Body Language" I think...Birth By Sleep was "Shake" ;A;)

Hey David Boreanaz probably just didn't try very hard!

David is a dork though, so I bet he was trying and was like "well, okay."

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
David is a dork though, so I bet he was trying and was like "well, okay."
He was channeling his inner brooding Angel for the role of "Leon".

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hahaha. I love how this video came out and rid us all of our voice actor fears in one foul swoop. I bet they did that on purpose. LOL. Thank you for not leaving us in the dark about this, Disney and Square:) I truly appreciate it ^_^

I'm so glad to know they kept Zane for Ansem, Sora's younger voice, and Boreanaz for Leon. Ahh, the nostalgia… Now I can rest easy, and eagerly anticipate the release of this game. Woot!

And honestly, I'm glad they kept Alyson for Xion. After hearing the Days scenes so many times, it would have been weird without her. And though I originally thought she sounded a bit off in this trailer, I like what she's doing here. She seems to be voicing Xion a bit breathier(?), which is sort of similar to how Namin
é sounds. Appropriate, since Kai, Nami, and Xion are all the same girl more or less.

Anyway, I highly approve of everything going on here, and can't wait to get my hands on this game!

Although… is it me, or does Roxas sound a bit too much like Ventus, when he’s questioning Axel? Roxas’ voice sounded a bit higher pitched to me, but maybe I just need to listen to it again.

MrMike

Shiiiit! Now I don'¡t know what to do. SOme youtubers are starting to upload Re:Com and 358/2 days with subs in english with original japanese voices. So my choices are, start watching that now, or just wait until September to watch them in full HD with english voices :(((((

It doesn't matter as I don't have PS3 , so I would have to see it through youtube :(
What would you ddo guys? Look Japanese voices in Youtube, or just wait until September (so that means stop playing Re:Com until then) ? :( The only inconvenient of english voices is just...I hate Donald and Goofy voices, seriously xDDDDDD

PS: You know if there was theater mode in KH Re:Com? I ask that because last day I found a video, with all the cutscenes , with both stories (Sora & Riku) mixed together as the facts were happening, and was looking really good.

That's the video that I mean.
Kingdom Hearts I [The Movie] - Part 3: Chain of Memories - YouTube

I know that it's done by one user, but...scenes are well mixed, if I remember fine.

Kevin Perez

Oh man, now that I've listened to the Japanese VA's I don't like the English ones at all. I don't understand what did the Japanese liked so much about them that they actually included them in the Final Mixes.

I wished there was a Japanese voice option... Atleast I hope they do it for 2.5. Aqua in English is good but the Japanese VA is way better IMO.
lolwhut

No but seriously, Haley, David, and Hayden are Sora, Riku and Kairi and the Disney voices in English triumph over anything that Japanese version has. There's reason why Nomura chose Haley, he is the chosen one after all.

:tongue:

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Shiiiit! Now I don'¡t know what to do. SOme youtubers are starting to upload Re:Com and 358/2 days with subs in english with original japanese voices. So my choices are, start watching that now, or just wait until September to watch them in full HD with english voices :(((((

Have you played the original Re:CoM before? Try to hold out!

It doesn't matter as I don't have PS3 , so I would have to see it through youtube :(
What would you ddo guys? Look Japanese voices in Youtube, or just wait until September (so that means stop playing Re:Com until then) ? :( The only inconvenient of english voices is just...I hate Donald and Goofy voices, seriously xDDDDDD

Donald and Goofy sound like exactly the same in Japanese though xD

lolwhut

No but seriously, Haley, David, and Hayden are Sora, Riku and Kairi and the Disney voices in English triumph over anything that Japanese version has. There's reason why Nomura chose Haley, he is the chosen after all.

The English voices are technically the "original" as well. The original Final Mixes switched over to the English dub so that Japanese players would be able to experience that.

WaveK89

I'll admit, part of me was hoping for some redub in KHI, and Miss Panittiere in Days. However, I also can't see Xion without Stoner, so what can I do, eh? Not that any voice acting is bad. I'm just curious in wondering what it would have been like, whether good or bad.

I am excited. Still holding off on playing any of the games until this releases in the Fall.

MrMike

Have you played the original Re:CoM before? Try to hold out!

I'm playing it right now in PCSX2 with Tales of Symphonia in Dolphin as well. But I will stop until I get HD cutscenes. You know, gameplay is better than scenes (because they were not rendered :()
Look that comparison mate.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So playing the game with beautiful dialogue scenes, and then the most important part is just blurry and you can nearly see anything :(

Saikex

For 358/2 Days HD, are they going to fix the lip sync? The same for Re Chain of Memories?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The English voices are technically the "original" as well. The original Final Mixes switched over to the English dub so that Japanese players would be able to experience that.
That makes sense. I dunno about you, but I've always felt that the voice acting in the Japanese versions were... sub-par. Some of the voices don't fit (Goofy in particular sounds ridiculous), and those same voices are the ones I hear in basically every anime ever. Methinks Japan needs some VAriety.

G-get it? Like... VA and... I'll just show myself out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
For 358/2 Days HD, are they going to fix the lip sync? The same for Re Chain of Memories?

They should be, I hope.

You'll also need 3 hours to do absolutely nothing but watch 359/2 Days Cutscenes if you plan on getting the Trophy

Or you can just play the scene and walk away to do something else for the next 3 hours!

That makes sense. I dunno about you, but I've always felt that the voice acting in the Japanese versions were... sub-par. Some of the voices don't fit (Goofy in particular sounds ridiculous), and those same voices are the ones I hear in basically every anime ever. Methinks Japan needs some VAriety.
There are some I like better and vice versa. I can respect both Japanese and English.
Well the original game was released over 10 years ago. Perhaps for the younger VAs, this kickstarted their careers? Considering also everyone's popularity and talent, it's no surprise that we may hear them more commonly nowadays.

G-get it? Like... VA and... I'll just show myself out.

Awww xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
9 hours. 9 hours this has been online and not one member of site staff told me. I am furious with you people!!! Making me grumpy watch the trailer >:|

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I don't want to speak too much about the voice acting, (might apt for an editorial about that) but here's my two cents.

The quality in Kingdom Hearts's English voice cast is GIGANTIC; soundalikes, celebrities, original voices like James Woods; it's just fucking huge. Especially in Kingdom Hearts 1 (which still may be David and Haley's best work) with the celebrities.

But it's inconsistent. KH2 fell apart in the voice acting department; voice switches, awkward phrasing, bad writing, and bad vocal direction. (Kairi was just not Kairi)

The Japan cast, while worse in my opinion (some of those japanese voices, I mean come on Hades) is consistent. Sora's voice still sounds the same. They still have their original voice cast.

Sorarocks93

Awards
lolwhut

No but seriously, Haley, David, and Hayden are Sora, Riku and Kairi and the Disney voices in English triumph over anything that Japanese version has. There's reason why Nomura chose Haley, he is the chosen one after all.

I don't know maybe its just the trailer like someone said before. I felt like they just pasted one thing over another. Especially the Leon part was ugh....

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't understand how you like the Japanese voices so much.
Seriously, I was watching Cyberman65's playthrough of KH1.5 and I was HORRIFIED at how bad the Japanese voice acting was. It does not match up to the quality of the English dub. The biggest example so far is the Queen of Hearts. She sounds way too freakin' calm in the Japanese dub.

The way I always pretty much saw it (minus a few characters here and there) are that the FF characters sound better in Japanese (because the English cast in KH2 was downright atrocious), the original KH characters I'm pretty ambivalent about since I don't mind them in either language, and the Disney cast is always better in English (since they were originally chosen for those roles and I think Disney does a PERFECT job in their casting offices).

9 hours. 9 hours this has been online and not one member of site staff told me. I am furious with you people!!! Making me grumpy watch the trailer >:|

I don't have your number to tell you :( I'm not a member of the site staff...but still :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't have your number to tell you :( I'm not a member of the site staff...but still :)
Lol they don't have my number either. I was in chat with them for an hour before I found out by accident.
Lucky I found it then because right after watching it I had to leave the house and wouldn't have seen it until Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back