• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Kingdom Hearts 2.5: Worlds of Possibilities

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Hello everyone! It's been a while since we first made that update about user-submitted editorials, and unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to post them up due to the recent news outbreak. That, however, finally comes to an end! We're happy to bring you the first editorial, written by forum member Mirby!

Kingdom Hearts 2.5: Worlds of Possibilities

By Taylor Brown (Mirby)

We’re heading into the home stretch before Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is released in Japan, with the classic original being updated to include more modern design sensibilities. We’re also sure that other regions will be able to enjoy this collection, thanks in part to Jesse McCartney’s habitual leaking. As such, I’m beginning to think about the inevitable -HD 2.5 ReMIX-; Nomura did say it’s only logical for 2.5 to follow 1.5, so it’s only a matter of time. However, the question remains: what will that collection include?

Obviously, we’ll be receiving Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix with all the bonuses that has over vanilla Kingdom Hearts 2. Having played Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix myself, I’m quite familiar with the additions, and can’t wait for the world at large to experience them for themselves. We’ll already have the Puzzle collecting, which is quite entertaining, and the power of Limit Form, which is a blast to use. We’ll get to battle Roxas during the storyline and the rest of Organization XIII (including those who died in Chain of Memories) and even the Lingering Sentiment. There’s also the Cavern of Remembrance, a brand new area within Hollow Bastion that contains quite a few powerful Heartless variations along with some platforming that requires all Drive forms to become maxed out. With all  these additions, there’s not really room for more, is there?

Of course there is! Though they added even more powerful Gummi Missions in Final Mix, they did nothing to make the extra missions have any bearing on the main game. If anything, they should take a cue from Dream Drop Distance and reward players with a new Keyblade, thus giving some incentive to replay that portion of the game. Perhaps they can touch that up with some more modern controls as well. In addition, we’ll definitely receive English voiceovers for the cutscenes added in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix; that will definitely be quite awesome. I’d love for them to add in the removed content as well; seeing the recolored Behemoths during the Battle of 1000 Heartless would breathe new life into the now-repetitive scene, and being able to summon Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story would indeed be glorious (4 summons is just too few). Also, Genie needs a Limit Form to match Sora’s; he currently lacks that.

Now the collection won’t just be Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix; hopefully Birth by Sleep will be part of the collection as well.  In the case of a Birth by Sleep HD remake, there’s plenty that could be done. Firstly, the controls could be updated to match KH2’s; this would make it easy to switch between games since there wouldn’t be completely different control schemes. Secondly, there’s the addition of multiplayer with Mirage Arena. While I think that local multiplayer would be good, I’m not sure how they’d handle it unless you loaded another save and therefore another character. Online would be great too, but they’d have to ensure the interface and service was as smooth and simple as possible. Not only would the ease of use make a great selling point, it would also be quite awesome to do  that. Also they should put Laguna back where he belongs.

I’m sure they could make the multiple-story aspect work for a console game; I doubt anything would really have to be changed, honestly. Because they’d be most likely be making the Final Mix of Birth by Sleep HD as they’re doing with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix in 1.5, we’d be receiving the Secret Episode as well as the additional bosses, which I’m pretty happy about.  There’s also the Command Board. Perhaps we could receive ones not present in the original game. While we’re at it, why not make The Hundred-Acre Wood an actual PLACE instead of just a command board. It bugs me that the only way you can see Pooh and the gang is by playing that command board. I’d also like for characters to not vanish after their story is done; it made the already-empty worlds so much emptier. Let’s also make Destiny Islands and Mysterious Tower playable; I don’t see a reason for them to be on the map if you can never actually visit them. All things told, I can’t think of much I’d want to see in Birth by Sleep HD.

There’s also the matter of Re:coded, which I could easily see as being remade just with cutscenes much like we’re seeing with Days. Though I love that title’s gameplay, the cutscenes are the only really important parts. I’d hope to see more of the non-voiced cutscenes redone as well, because that would certainly help tie everything together. Honestly, there’s really not much else that would lend itself to being redone in HD. They could include Dream Drop Distance, but considering that title just came out, I don’t see it happening.

There’s plenty of possibilities for Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-; though I’ve outlined plenty of what I expect, there’s still the fact that anything could happen. If I could truly have my way, everything that wound up on the cutting room floor would be restored. The Jungle Book would be in BBS, Buzz and Woody would be summons in KH2FM, and so much more. Is there anything that you would love to see in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
who's the fool who wrote this crappy article?

owait that's me

yay

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Good editorial, Mirby. Although, adding removed content such as Buzz, Woody, and the Jungle Book, would hurt more than it would help. I think the franchises such as Toy Story and Jungle Book should be kept for KH3, and be given big, no, HUGE representations. But that's another topic altogether. I think an upscaled BBS with a few video touch-ups (anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion) would be really enjoyable.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If this article taught me anything, it's how the Cavern of Remembrance works (finally looked it up on youtube).

That is how platforming in Kingdom Hearts should be done. I want this so badly for my ps3 now ;~;

Sorarocks93

Awards
Nice one.

I think I.5 pales in comparison to what will II.5 offer. Since it will have two FM games and all (assuming BBS will be in it and not DDD).
I'm quite excited to see what the characters in BBS will look in HD, since we all know they won't just up the resolution, but create whole new models like they are doing now for I.5.

And something else.... WHY IS EVERYONE CALLING IT 1.5 AND 2.5 INSTEAD OF I.5 AND II.5 YOU DAMN BLASPHEMERS?! Ahem...yeah.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
That is how platforming in Kingdom Hearts should be done. I want this so badly for my ps3 now ;~;

I was honestly surprised when I played KH2FM and got to the Cavern myself. It was pretty fun to maneuver through and way better than KH1's platforming which was clunky at best.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I watched someone playing the game go through the Cavern a long time ago, and I got all depressed because I wanted to play too.
It looks awesome, but I still don't actually know why it's there. :I

WayToDusk

There's plenty of possibilities for Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-; though I've outlined plenty of what I expect, there's still the fact that anything could happen. If I could truly have my way, everything that wound up on the cutting room floor would be restored. The Jungle Book would be in BBS, Buzz and Woody would be summons in KH2FM, and so much more. Is there anything that you would love to see in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-?

If you want everything that was cut out, then one of these bad boys would show up:

King_%28Art%29.png
555px-Kentauros_%28Art%29.png

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Awesome article Mirby! I pretty much agree with everything you said, although I am much more hopeful to see DDD be in 2.5 as a movie

Monkey D. Rocky

I dont think they'll add anything to the games
in KH2.5, i mean all the games in KH1.5 are EXACTLY the same, except
Final Mix. But hey, if they did add new stuff in KH2.5, i wouldnt complain!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I dont think they'll add anything to the games
in KH2.5, i mean all the games in KH1.5 are EXACTLY the same, except
Final Mix. But hey, if they did add new stuff in KH2.5, i wouldnt complain!
Well, they did change things in 1.5, so I wouldn't call it EXACTLY the same...

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Can't wait to have everything in English! Though Japanese isn't that bad considering that i have small knowledge of its language. also having circle and x switched again is gonna screw me over. The cavern of remembrance; loved that place just because it has that music from the mission mode from Days when you were in the lobby, Great stuff.

First time i noticed the cavern or remembrance: "say what that big whole near the postern, thats never been there in the original" *goes inside and remembers the music from days* "Wow that place is awesome" *heartless appears and one shots me* 0.o "maybe i should do this after sephy".

楽しみにしています!! as Nomura would say! always remember "tano" because the kanji looks like a mudkip. :D

AanZku

I would prefer Treasure planet world, and Balthier from Final Fantasy XII as a guest. Oh mybgosh, he would just fit so well on that steampunkish backround >u<

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would prefer Treasure planet world, and Balthier from Final Fantasy XII as a guest. Oh mybgosh, he would just fit so well on that steampunkish backround >u<
Um, just wondering, but what has this got to do with 2.5 and Mirby's editorial?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I still think 2.5 will be KH2FM, Coded cutscenes & playable DDD. In fact The official reveal of the PS4 makes it more ideal: the trackpad on the PS4 controller could be utilized in reality shifts. & yes, that means I'm saying 2.5 would be a PS4 title, not PS3. 1.5 can still be played on PS4 via Gaikai or Square could re-re-release it as a PS4 title (Re-re-re-re-release in CoM's case).

As for BBS, I see it & the long speculated BBSV2 comprising a 0.5 Remix. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix: Red Eyes Secret Ending - YouTube
The whole ".5" naming business began with the teaser for v2, how can the very names of these collections NOT be a sign that v2 is coming?

Furthermore, DDD can't be the odd one out. It's the lead-in to KH3. It pretty much defeat the whole purpose of these collections to not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back