• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

χ pronounced as key doesnt make sense

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

Awards
χ is a greek letter and the way they say it is wrong. Its phonetic is not like how you say "key" or "chi". The actual phonetic is like how you pronounce the "h" in the word "hunter".
Hope i explained well

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Maybe with a username like 'kostas' you really are Greek, but I was taught Greek once a week for nearly ten years straight through primary school and high school (not that I retained a useful thing from it), and pronouncing the 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet was always with the hacking/coughing-sounding hybrid of 'h' and 'k', a voiceless velar fricative.

Anyway, the problem is that to actually get the noise right takes a lot of practice without it sounding like you've got something caught in your throat, and the debut game for the weapon in question doesn't have a lot going for it to motivate the voice actors to get it really right.

- It's a video game
- It's a on handheld system, and the less popular of the two around at the time
- And finally it's just plain old Kingdom Hearts, a series that's never been renowned for its narrative, writing or dialogue.

Last edited:

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
They're saying the name of the letter, not the sound that it makes in a word.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's exactly as Turn and Orion have said.

The letter can be pronounced as "kai" or "ki" in English, and I'm certain this is how Greek words are interpreted in Japanese as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Speaking of fun things...where has KH Trivia been ^_^?
KH Trivia was something to fill in the long periods of time when there was no news. There has been a lot of regular news lately, so Trivia is taking a rest. When it will be back, no one knows. However it will be back, just in an unusual form. Please look forward to it *laughs*

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
KH Trivia was something to fill in the long periods of time when there was no news. There has been a lot of regular news lately, so Trivia is taking a rest. When it will be back, no one knows. However it will be back, just in an unusual form. Please look forward to it *laughs*

Is the next trivia the one where you reveal yourself as Nomura?!?!? GASP!!!!! jkjkjk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back