• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Introducing KHInsider’s 10th anniversary forum skins!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Josh

Silver Member
Re: Introducing the KHInsider’s 10th anniversary forum skins!

this is so hot.

Also for the 10 year at KHI there should be a article about remembering the past of KHI from the start to now, ya dig?
Take the members back to when we thought Roxas was only the BHK.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

i like this forum skin, but it didn't notify me when i got a vm

is that a glitch or do i need to look somewhere else on the page?

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

Eric, why are you so awesome?

Really though, the new skins an everything are great and I love them.

tumblr_m7ldnuKPPa1qmoxb9.gif

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I really like this new layout! I love the social network links at the top, the color scheme matches the main site, the top scroll button (because in some threads where discussion gets lengthy it was definitely needed) the use of KH HD's artwork. It's really refreshing to see a new layout after using Stampy for a few years. Fantastic work Eric! I'm excited to see the dark theme when it rolls out!

Will there be a mobile version of this available eventually? I think it'd be neat to make the mobile forum layout have a similar yet simplified version of this.

The only problem I have is the the lack of genders appearing, and the old-school IM icons under everybody's names. Oh and the PSN icon is missing too. Also notifications aren't easily noticeable anymore.

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards

beautiful. nice work, eric.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I was wondering if the notification box will end up flashing blue when we get posts on our walls from our friends or if it will remain as it is? :)

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

Ehh, I miss the old one. :(

No offense, but it's so hard to like it.. I guess I need to be more open-minded.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Spoiler boxes are visible now. Just letting you know if you don't know already.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

As long as you guys don't take away my awards, im fine with this.

Edit: Oh so the house button takes you to the main main site. aw man that's going to get confusing

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I love the bottom of the forum ^_^ Don't get me wrong, I love me some Sora, but everyone on the bottom is just too perfect ^_^

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

Any chance of bringing back/updating Clown College? Darker skins are easier on the eyes. I can deal with Forest Gump, but I've enjoyed CC more.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Any chance of bringing back/updating Clown College? Darker skins are easier on the eyes. I can deal with Forest Gump, but I've enjoyed CC more.
Did you read everything in the OP?

This skin will replace stampy as the main forum skin. It comes in both a fixed and fluid layout to match your preferred viewing style. We are also officially retiring the Clown College skin due to it being to buggy. But don’t fret CC lovers, the next skin released will be a better dark skin.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Still enjoyed using stampy over this. Footer picture should still be fixed. The back to top arrow should be on the right, along with the extendable sidebar. Extendable sidebar shouldn't show new posts, as there is already a button for them.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, why isn't stampy still an option? I understand removing it as the default theme, but if people enjoyed using it then shouldn't they still have the option to use it?

Edit: There is a lot of white space between the end of a person's post and where their signature starts. I assume this is back of the profile details on the left?

Also, I closed the new sidebar thing earlier, then I closed Chrome, came back 20 minutes later and it was open again. Any way to have to stay closed, like how we can collapse sections of the forum and they stay collapsed?

Awards

New skins and layout look fresh as fuck tbh. Nice job.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

My one complaint isn't about the theme, but this thread title. "The KHInsider" just doesn't work, especially not when every other instance of mentioning the site's name doesn't preface the title with "The." In addition, phrasing it as such makes it sound like the site is just one person when it is in fact the community that makes it what it is. And even if KHI were a brand or something, it still wouldn't make grammatical sense.

Also new themes are nice for those who like them, but I'll be sticking to Forrest Gump.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Re: Introducing KHInsider’s 10th anniversary forum skins!

I was wondering if the notification box will end up flashing blue when we get posts on our walls from our friends or if it will remain as it is? :)

i like this forum skin, but it didn't notify me when i got a vm

is that a glitch or do i need to look somewhere else on the page?

Not a glitch, it just doesn't stand out as much as it should. I'll looking to making it pop more because it definitely needs too.

I really like this new layout! I love the social network links at the top, the color scheme matches the main site, the top scroll button (because in some threads where discussion gets lengthy it was definitely needed) the use of KH HD's artwork. It's really refreshing to see a new layout after using Stampy for a few years. Fantastic work Eric! I'm excited to see the dark theme when it rolls out!

Will there be a mobile version of this available eventually? I think it'd be neat to make the mobile forum layout have a similar yet simplified version of this.

The only problem I have is the the lack of genders appearing, and the old-school IM icons under everybody's names. Oh and the PSN icon is missing too. Also notifications aren't easily noticeable anymore.

I'll look into seeing if I can modify our current mobile skin to match the same as these new skins. Having one is definitely boring.

Also I'm looking into why those icons disappeared. It might just be because I forgot to switch them on for this layout.

Spoiler boxes are visible now. Just letting you know if you don't know already.

Thanks for the update! Glad it ended up fixing itself.

Hmm I wasn't expecting anyone to miss it that much because of the problems but I can understand why you'd want it. I'll turn it back on until I get the new dark skin up and running.

Still enjoyed using stampy over this. Footer picture should still be fixed. The back to top arrow should be on the right, along with the extendable sidebar. Extendable sidebar shouldn't show new posts, as there is already a button for them.

Fixed how? Is something cut off?

Also yes there is a new posts page but having a new posts section in the sidebar keeps things simple. Plus it only list the five most recent post every five minutes, not an entire page worth.

Yeah, why isn't stampy still an option? I understand removing it as the default theme, but if people enjoyed using it then shouldn't they still have the option to use it?

Edit: There is a lot of white space between the end of a person's post and where their signature starts. I assume this is back of the profile details on the left?

Also, I closed the new sidebar thing earlier, then I closed Chrome, came back 20 minutes later and it was open again. Any way to have to stay closed, like how we can collapse sections of the forum and they stay collapsed?

I disabled stampy because this new skin was meant to be an improvement of it. The new skin fixes a lot of the issues we had with stampy, both technical and aesthetic wise.

I'm looking into the white space and sidebar issues now. Should have that resolved soon.

My one complaint isn't about the theme, but this thread title. "The KHInsider" just doesn't work, especially not when every other instance of mentioning the site's name doesn't preface the title with "The." In addition, phrasing it as such makes it sound like the site is just one person when it is in fact the community that makes it what it is. And even if KHI were a brand or something, it still wouldn't make grammatical sense.

Also new themes are nice for those who like them, but I'll be sticking to Forrest Gump.

I agree, didn't really pay attention to it until you mentioned it. It was kind of late when I put this up haha.

Back