• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Vincent Corazza and Richard Epcar Not Reprising Roles in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is why all the tutorial scenes need to be in the game. Edited like in a sitcom where a character tries to succeed in a variety of things but ends up with them exhausted.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I like Epcar's voice acting but I would be disappointed if they got rid of Zane completely, just because his voice acting in KH1 is really nostalgic IMO. TBH, I wish we could have all three: Epcar as Xehanort, Zane as Ansem and Peter as Xemnas. Epcar's Xehanort is fantastic, but I don't think it fits Ansem as much.

Jim Hawkins

I know some people have already said some of my thoughts already, but I still must share!

Richard Epcar:
He has already recorded his lines for Re:CoM, and what little dialogue he had in Days has been recorded as well. Something they could do, is have him record Ansem SoD's lines for KH1, and replace Billy Zane's voice. I think Zane did a great job, but I'm also a nit-picky continuity person too.

Vincent Corazza:
Very similar to Epcar. He's already recorded his lines for both Re:CoM and Days, and he isn't even in KH1. Yes, he and the rest of the Castle Oblivion crew short of Axel (Marluxia, Larxene, Lexeaus, Vexen), do have lines at the beginning of Days. It's already been stated that all they do is Tutorial, with only a couple of lines each worthy of note. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited to hear the C.O. gang get new lines, but it seems like a waste of time/money.

Misc.:
I WOULD be interested for some re-records of say: Leon's new voice actor for KH1, as well as the proper voice of Hercules. Not to seem disrespectful, but I'd also give some thought to re-recording King Mickey lines. KH1 Mickey lines you can keep, but the Re:CoM Mickey lines always sounded off to me. R.I.P. Wayne Allwine, but they'll have Mickey's new voice there to record Days lines anyway, so might as well right? Oh, but keep Mandy Moore as Aerith, we must savor it while we can...

Props to the person who took the time to ask these guys, but... why these two? Even if they do return, it won't be for that many lines. Why not hit up a big name like Quinton Flynn? I'm sure he'll be recording a lot (if he returns).

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
mabey he doesnt have any new sceans
What about shanelle gray is she coming back?

Riku/Sora-Rule

OMG THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! Let me be clear, I'm am only referring to Epcar. I have not hesitated to show how mucho dislike him as Ansem SoD. Simple because it is clear Epcar tries too hard to make his voice so deep and menacing, and it just sounds un-natural. So because he is "not in this installment" it means they are recycling Billy Zane's voice from the original, and I could not be happier to that fact.

I WOULD be interested for some re-records of say: Leon's new voice actor for KH1, as well as the proper voice of Hercules. Not to seem disrespectful, but I'd also give some thought to re-recording King Mickey lines. KH1 Mickey lines you can keep, but the Re:CoM Mickey lines always sounded off to me. R.I.P. Wayne Allwine, but they'll have Mickey's new voice there to record Days lines anyway, so might as well right? Oh, but keep Mandy Moore as Aerith, we must savor it while we can...

I agree 100% on Aerith. Mickey, it'll be weird to see the difference, and yes R.I.P to Wayne Allwine, and I think they should keep his stuff, because honestly, I'm glad his Mickey ended strong
Y, cuz technically, Days was his last Mickey role, so I feel they should savor every minute of the Disney Legend's (and he was actually named one of them) voice over beauty. Honestly, I never thought too heavily on Leon's voice actor, yes the voices sound different, but I guess they both do the job well enough to the point where it sounds like they could both fit, and I can easily say just keep it. But finally, Hercules, yes it was cool to get the original voice actor, Tate Donovan back for 2, (and Josh Keaton for BBS) but I'm sorry I can NEVER hate on Sean Aston hahaha.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
OMG THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! Let me be clear, I'm am only referring to Epcar. I have not hesitated to show how mucho dislike him as Ansem SoD. Simple because it is clear Epcar tries too hard to make his voice so deep and menacing, and it just sounds un-natural. So because he is "not in this installment" it means they are recycling Billy Zane's voice from the original, and I could not be happier to that fact.
You really can't blame Epcar for his performance in KHII. They just locked him in the studio, didn't even show him Zane's work and told him to mimic it.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
If they do get Billy Zane then they have to redub RE:COM. Also if they get Billy Zane, then they need to get Christopher Lee to redub RE:COM.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Christoper Lee is probably never ever coming back now. He's way to old to travel to America to do it. Why they don't record his lines in Europe, no one knows.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah KH2 had pretty subpar voice direction in general. HJO was too...idk weird (and we know he can do great like in Re:CoM and BBS and even KH3D), Hayden was told to do that airy princess voice, they hired Mena Suvari :| , and so on. It wasn't all bad, but it wasn't the best.

I'd love if Christopher Lee could reprise his role in the future (even though I love Corey Burton.) His "I will read this line the way I want and that is how it will be" story is forever the best thing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd love if Christopher Lee could reprise his role in the future (even though I love Corey Burton.) His "I will read this line the way I want and that is how it will be" story is forever the best thing.
Even better than the Kids Next Story Santa Coming story?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah KH2 had pretty subpar voice direction in general. HJO was too...idk weird (and we know he can do great like in Re:CoM and BBS and even KH3D), Hayden was told to do that airy princess voice, they hired Mena Suvari :| , and so on. It wasn't all bad, but it wasn't the best.

Wanna join the possible better diolouge when 2.5 comes bandwagon? I mean, if it's possible to better the direction for 1.5, then 2.5 too.

Riku/Sora-Rule

You really can't blame Epcar for his performance in KHII. They just locked him in the studio, didn't even show him Zane's work and told him to mimic it.

Not just KH2 but Everytime he has voiced him since. I'm just not a fan of it. I'm not to sure about his other work, I just don't like his voice as this particular character. And now that you mention it, I, forthe first time, realize that he probably didn't know what to do for the opening of KH2 when Sora's memories started coming back, because one line fully shows how he had clue of Zane's work in it. When Zane says " Kingdom hearts Fill me with with the power of darkness." It's more quiet and menacing. Epcar screams it. And it's pretty obvious.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Not just KH2 but Everytime he has voiced him since. I'm just not a fan of it. I'm not to sure about his other work, I just don't like his voice as this particular character. And now that you mention it, I, forthe first time, realize that he probably didn't know what to do for the opening of KH2 when Sora's memories started coming back, because one line fully shows how he had clue of Zane's work in it. When Zane says " Kingdom hearts Fill me with with the power of darkness." It's more quiet and menacing. Epcar screams it. And it's pretty obvious.

I think the problem here is that you want Epcar to be Zane, which he is not. He has his own style and wanting him to be another Voice Actor, well, it's a bit insulting (not saying you mean it like that though).

People shouldn't expect that from him. Like I said, he's a different voice actor and has his own style, you cannot expect the same kind of delivery. He's a good voice actor, seems like a genuine guy and he gets better every single game. For that alone, I respect him as a VA.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think the problem here is that you want Epcar to be Zane, which he is not. He has his own style and wanting him to be another Voice Actor, well, it's a bit insulting (not saying you mean it like that though).

People shouldn't expect that from him. Like I said, he's a different voice actor and has his own style, you cannot expect the same kind of delivery. He's a good voice actor, seems like a genuine guy and he gets better every single game. For that alone, I respect him as a VA.

Full agreement. Not only has Epcar vastly improved as mentioned, he's also the regular voice actor for 6/7 of the series right now and very dedicated to it.

I personally cannot help but suspect all this Zane-worshipping being only nostalgia-induced denial to Epcar's actual performance and dedication as a voice actor to this series.
Zane made only some few lines in one last third of ONE game, Epcar is already in six.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Full agreement. Not only has Epcar vastly improved as mentioned, he's also the regular voice actor for 6/7 of the series right now and very dedicated to it.

I personally cannot help but suspect all this Zane-worshipping being only nostalgia-induced denial to Epcar's actual performance and dedication as a voice actor to this series.
Zane made only some few lines in one last third of ONE game, Epcar is already in six.

How could you say that his stuff was so little, how could you forget his epic entrance on DI, with the cloak?! Lol

And no I genuinely feel the natural dark nature of Zane's voice was superior to Epcar's. as I said, it's just obvious Epcar is trying so hard. What I mean by this, because there are tons of voice actors who can get their voices to sound different, but they sound natural, Epcar just falls short of the mark because its clear its not a natural tone for his voice.

Trust me, if me feeling nostalgia for the first game got in the way of my views on the series, I would be furious and have quit the series long ago lol

Xagzan

Awards

Suspicion-denial incoming from a Zane "worshipper," if you can worship a performance: It might surprise people to hear this coming from such a person, but Epcar is a good voice actor. He is a genuine guy, he does get better every game, and I definitely have always liked and respected him as a VA. But none of that has any bearing on who I think is simply better for a part. I said it somewhere on gamefaqs once. In my opinion, a voice like Epcar's works much more suitably for characters like Batou (GitS), Zangetsu (Bleach), or hell, if we're talking about KH, Lexaeus used to be the first character I'd think of when I'd think Richard Epcar. You know, the tough, gruff, usually stoic types, with a voice hard as stone. He has that down. Not so much the hammy, grandiose personification of evil like Ansem is.

So in response to
I think the problem here is that you want Epcar to be Zane, which he is not. He has his own style and wanting him to be another Voice Actor

Yeah, does have his own style. And I've just never thought that style was right for the character of Ansem as he was introduced. I don't want him to be Zane; I want Ansem to feel like Ansem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back