• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kuroshitsuji

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
forkitkat_zpsfc56b960.jpg

This was a request I had in my sig shop. I had a hard time with the manga stock, but I think it came out to be one of my more unique tags. Whatcha think?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I think they stock they picked was a little too flat for a tag, simply because the side profile of (the black butler?) has no depth. So, despite the stock the tag is decent. It isn't bad, not by any means, but as I said, not really your fault either.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Yeah, dude. I spent so much time thinking about what I could do with it. I just opened up photoshop and fuxed with it.

It was really difficult because there was no real discernable light source of shading. Manga stocks have always been a toughie.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Yeah, dude. I spent so much time thinking about what I could do with it. I just opened up photoshop and fuxed with it.

It was really difficult because there was no real discernable light source of shading. Manga stocks have always been a toughie.

Agreed. It's a lot easier if there is some sort of action pose to work with. Unfortunately, they didn't pick such a pose. Next time you could always pull a pablo and find a way to color it lightly and give a light source. It's in here someplace, let me find it for you.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
If you guys don't mind, could you explain it to me? Like what you mean by "flat" compared to something that isn't? This way I know next time not to request something so complex or troublesome? x3

Do I need to look out for that, when I'm searching for renders or just manga panel shots?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
If you guys don't mind, could you explain it to me? Like what you mean by "flat" compared to something that isn't? This way I know next time not to request something so complex or troublesome? x3

Do I need to look out for that, when I'm searching for renders or just manga panel shots?

By flat we mean that the picture itself lacks depth. It's a very flat perspective on a character. It isn't a bad stock, and certainly not the worst I have see picked. So don't worry about it.

For better comparison, look at the stock used in your other sig vs. the one by cloud. The top has more motion. I have seen this very page in person and I know that for Sebastian, that is one of his very static poses. No harm though :D

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I think this really could have been better if you were to color the image itself a tad. I don't think it looks flat at all, but Mr. Black Butler is not all that well-blended. That's what I think the downside of this tag is. Manga stocks in general are hard to use, but I've learned that wireframes can go a long way.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
Honestly, not every piece needs depth. It adds something appealing to some pieces, but it's not absolutely necessary for everything. You could have worked with the fact that it was flat and complemented that with flat effects. Trying to use effects that promote depth just ended up making this stock look even flatter.

I know this is old, but I comment on what I want. Suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back