• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Box Art!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX Box Art!

Wow this box art is great, I think it's my favorite so far. It's nice how he mixed the Image we kept seeing into it with the various main characters of the games in the collection.

Namura never disappoints with his art. I really like his style hope there's more within the game. Also I can't wait to see what he cooks up for KH2.5 and KH3

I love how the Keyblades in this picture are the ones you can use in the game.

Lenneth

Awards

GOOD GOD!!!....Must...Buy... It's just PERFECT

roxaven

I love it! :D
The art of Kingdom Hearts is always a pleasure to see.
I'll be really sad if KH 1.5 isn't released in the U.S. but I have high hopes. >:)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

so uh i get that sora/kairi/goofy look awkward but is it just me or are nomura's illustrations gradually getting better coloring

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

is it just me or are nomura's illustrations getting progressively better coloring

No, it isn't. It's definitely a lot more rich. I think Days, KH3D, Re:CoM's box, and some of the random key art he's done for the series have shown a lot of improvement from his technique in the early days of KH.

Also:
ffversusmain.jpg

8PvKvSo.jpg

god dammit square enix

artwork14.jpg

t55Sq6w.png

fpwWIm4.png

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Nomura sure loves those sitting poses. xD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Actually my passion for RikuxMickey grew stronger after seeing this but-hmm. I guess RikuxNamine works too.

mickey_riku_03.jpg

Until Riku and Namine share a moment like this, I refuse to believe the power of RikuxNamine can beat RikuxMickey.

So! Who's ready for new Aqua art!?

She should just get her own little corner on the 2.5HD box art xP

That's so bad***. :3 Lovin' the throne, that's pretty cool. Colorful is nice. Can't wait to put it on my shelf. I wonder if 2.5 (if it happens) will have a similar boxart, but with KH2/BBS/Re:coded(?) characters? :3

I really do hope 2.5 has a similar boxart as I expressed earlier because it just stays consistent. If the 2 boxarts were vastly different, it would look odd putting them next to each other. So I'm really hoping they stay consistent by probably have KH2 front and center, BbS in one of the corners (they could be sitting starring at the sky in LoD or jumping in the keyblade graveyard) and Re:Coded (I really don't know who they'll put for that besides Mickey, I hope they don't have more than one of each character on it).

Why do Mickey and Riku jumping like that remind me of the Pocahontas movie when she and John Smith jumped through the grass during a song?

Nomura is trying to further hint as RikuxMickey by comparing their love to John Smith and Pocahontas. (I think Riku is Pocahontas).

The fact is SE has done at least six variations of this one pose. MX once, Sora twice, Noctis once, Lightning twice.
Nomura sure loves those sitting poses. xD

What can I say? SE and Nomura like their characters sassy <_<

sassy.gif

Jim Hawkins

Absolutely LOVE the boxart! Cannot wait to have it in my hands!!!

I've read a couple of other people's comments, and I'm confused as to why people think BBS will be in the next collection?

This collection is titled "Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix" because it contains KH1 and all the games between it and KH2. Based on that logic, if there was going to be a collection titled "Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix" wouldn't it contain: Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance? BBS wouldn't be in that because it happened before KH1?

It would still be very odd to leave BBS out though. So they probably release some sort of "Kingdom Hearts 0.5 HD Remix" to have BBS for PS3. And just so it's not alone, they probably add whatever BBS Volume 2 was suppose to be. Just my thoughts.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

KH 1.5 HD ReMix
-Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
-Re:Chain of Memories
-358/2 Days HD 'movie'

KH 2.5 HD ReMix
-Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
-Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix
-Re:Coded HD 'movie' (and maybe Dream Drop Distance as well)

The reason why BBS would be in 2.5 is because there is no where else for it to go and because KHII makes multiple references to BBS. Although it takes place before all the other titles, one would need to have some info and understanding of the other titles in order for BBS to really mean anything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Absolutely LOVE the boxart! Cannot wait to have it in my hands!!!

I've read a couple of other people's comments, and I'm confused as to why people think BBS will be in the next collection?

This collection is titled "Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix" because it contains KH1 and all the games between it and KH2. Based on that logic, if there was going to be a collection titled "Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix" wouldn't it contain: Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance? BBS wouldn't be in that because it happened before KH1?

It would still be very odd to leave BBS out though. So they probably release some sort of "Kingdom Hearts 0.5 HD Remix" to have BBS for PS3. And just so it's not alone, they probably add whatever BBS Volume 2 was suppose to be. Just my thoughts.

The majority belief on BBS being in 2.5 is because BBS, while chronologically it takes place before KH1, it relies on the knowledge learned in KH2 to be understood fully. Three collections would be too much, and KH3D was made specifically for the 3DS so I don't think they plan on ever porting it up.

BBSv2, or whatever the unannounced title was supposed to be called was cancelled and I doubt they will be picking it back up for any HD remaster.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

and KH3D was made specifically for the 3DS so I don't think they plan on ever porting it up.
Eh, who knows. They're doing it with Resident Evil. It might make certain functions like reality shift redundant but with a few tweaks they could get it to work.

Last edited:

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

The majority belief on BBS being in 2.5 is because BBS, while chronologically it takes place before KH1, it relies on the knowledge learned in KH2 to be understood fully. Three collections would be too much, and KH3D was made specifically for the 3DS so I don't think they plan on ever porting it up.

Also, Birth by Sleep would be much easier to port to PS3 because it was on PSP, so it's the closest a game has come to being on its "home" system without actually being on it. :p

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

My prediction:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

-Kingdom Hearts 1
-RE:Chain of Memories
-cutscenes of Days

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-cutscenes of RE:Coded
-Dream Drop Distance (playable)

Kingdom Hearts 0.5 Remix
-Birth by Sleep
-Birth by Sleep Volume 2 (exclusive game found only here)
-Misc cutscenes filling in the remaining gaps

The .5 in the title is a bit of a giveaway to me.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

So... I can't believe you all forgot about Joshua's sassy "leg-crossing sitting" in DDD. He actually probably set the record for it. LOL.

Also, I have to say that I'm really loving the "Disney style" artwork more and more. As I've somewhat been missing the Disney vibe lately, I definitely approve. And actually, it reminds me of that one series of drawings in the KHI Ultimania the one when Sora chokes on the chicken bone, and spits it at Riku after Kairi gave him the Heimlich. I would pay good money to see that scene in the series, tbh. I love the trio moments!

And major kudos to Square for making the throne have all the Keyblades you can get in KHI on it. So clever! Now I wonder just what crazy/cool things they'll do for the II.5 art. Speculate away, friends!

In other news, since I like the new boxart way too much to be healthy, what do you think the chances are they'll release a poster of it everywhere? I would love it if they'd sell them like hotcakes (LOL), but somehow... I really doubt it'll happen. Actually, I think I want it on a shirt! KH shirts are sorely lacking in the games after KHII (I want a VTA one!).

And about BbS being part of II.5, I also think that's the most likely scenario. Granted, they might have been planning to put it in this collection (but didn't have time to get everything done, and just held it off), but... You appreciate BbS better if you play the other games first, since it draws a lot of parallels to them. And tbh, I think KHI is definitely the best starting point for the series, as BbS doesn't explain everything. Plus, Blank Points took place after KHII, so yeah.

Oh, and thank you so much for saying my post was beautiful, Master Spockanort. I'm glad you liked it. In all honesty, I probably spend way too much time in writing/editing these responses. Hahaha.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

If they made this into a poster I'd probably get it.

My prediction:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

-Kingdom Hearts 1
-RE:Chain of Memories
-cutscenes of Days

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-cutscenes of RE:Coded
-Dream Drop Distance (playable)

Kingdom Hearts 0.5 Remix
-Birth by Sleep
-Birth by Sleep Volume 2 (exclusive game found only here)
-Misc cutscenes filling in the remaining gaps

The .5 in the title is a bit of a giveaway to me.

I can't see them including Dream Drop Distance as a whole playable game. It would just hurt the sales of the 3DS version that's still current by the time the Collection is released.

I also don't see them making an entirely new game for a third collection, instead of making KH3. Therefore I'd say it's more likely that they'll include BBS in the 2.5 remix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back