• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► 358/2 Days Cutscene Runtime in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + Rearranged Music!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That's the reason I still have my PS2 and PS3 standing side by side, lol.
I have over twenty PS2-games (and around seven or eight PS1) and not being able to play them on the PS3 is a huge letdown for me as well.

One of the several contributors to the excessive success of the PS2 was also its backwards compatibility for PS1 games.

This Days-"movie" is getting more and more interesting though. Seeing all of Xigbar's trolling in HD, heck yeah!

Yeah it was one of the main reasons why I waited until last year to get the PS3, seeing I didn't want to spend more than 300 CHF on a console that couldn't even play the old games.

Yup, because that way the console already had tons of games when it came onto the market.

Yeah that will be great. I really want to hear him say: "Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?"

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah it was one of the main reasons why I waited until last year to get the PS3, seeing I didn't want to spend more than 300 CHF on a console that couldn't even play the old games.

Yup, because that way the console already had tons of games when it came onto the market.

Yeah that will be great. I really want to hear him say: "Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?"

It does have backwards compatiably, the older first models do. You can get them on Amazon or Game Stop, it's not that hard.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It does have backwards compatiably, the older first models do. You can get them on Amazon or Game Stop, it's not that hard.

Yes, the older first models had backwards compatibility with some of the PS2 games, not all of them. Also they kicked that feature out pretty quickly, because of costs from what I've heard. It's because the removal of this ability, that I waited even longer than I intended before getting one, I was going to wait for the price to sink a little anyways.

I already have a PS3 now, so there's no point in importing an older model with less memory from the US, even if it has the backwards compatibility.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes, the older first models had backwards compatibility with some of the PS2 games, not all of them. Also they kicked that feature out pretty quickly, because of costs from what I've heard. It's because the removal of this ability, that I waited even longer than I intended before getting one, I was going to wait for the price to sink a little anyways.

I already have a PS3 now, so there's no point in importing an older model with less memory from the US, even if it has the backwards compatibility.

What you have, a lot of stufff on it? And another solution is keep or get a Ps2, they cost 30$ now.

While I have the recent model, I'm not going to whine about backwards compatibility. #First world problems.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I knew from the very beginning that I would keep my PS2 alongside the PS3, as the "backwards compatibility" of the very first PS3 models (which were very limited amount in EU anyways) was warned as being inferior in every aspect compared to the one of the PS2 around here by markets and it only allowed to run a handful of PS2-games.
So the early models having it does not even mean that much since it didn't work satisfying anyways.

I always saw this as a very smart move on Sony's part back in the days the PS2 was new. Nowadays it seems Nintendo has jumped on the bandwagon and realized the advantages.
As we can see with the shitty transition from PSP to Vita Sony apparently doesn't realize the advantages anymore.

Oh yeah, Xigbar and Ven's famous drowned goldfish, that has even become a sort of internet meme by now, rofl.

While I have the recent model, I'm not going to whine about backwards compatibility. #First world problems.

Y'know, spending extra money for importing or buying several consoles instead of having one that can do everything you need sounds much more like "#First world problems" to me than the reasonable request to be able to still play games you already paid for.

I also do not recall anyone whining here, only pointing out that this was likely one of the several reasons why the PS3 didn't do as well as the PS2 did in sales.
Not to mention it is a legitimate criticism, regardless if you care about it or not.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I knew from the very beginning that I would keep my PS2 alongside the PS3, as the "backwards compatibility" of the very first PS3 models (which were very limited amount in EU anyways) was warned as being inferior in every aspect compared to the one of the PS2 around here by markets and it only allowed to run a handful of PS2-games.
So the early models having it does not even mean that much since it didn't work satisfying anyways.

I always saw this as a very smart move on Sony's part back in the days the PS2 was new. Nowadays it seems Nintendo has jumped on the bandwagon and realized the advantages.
As we can see with the shitty transition from PSP to Vita Sony apparently doesn't realize the advantages anymore.

Oh yeah, Xigbar and Ven's famous drowned goldfish, that has even become a sort of internet meme by now, rofl.

Y'know, spending extra money for importing or buying several consoles instead of having one that can do everything you need sounds much more like "#First world problems" to me than the reasonable request to be able to still play games you already paid for.

I also do not recall anyone whining here, only pointing out that this was likely one of the several reasons why the PS3 didn't do as well as the PS2 did in sales.
Not to mention it is a legitimate criticism, regardless if you care about it or not.

It took me 5 years to get a PS3, so I'm not getting a older model and selling my newer model and pulling a Unknown. I have a limited Sony Libaray to worry about GB and I only getting a few games this year because I have to get new glasses, a virus scan software, money for bus fare, food, I can only play with 50% of my check.

That's why I'm not worried about no backwards combaility, since I have to do important things with my check.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
What you have, a lot of stufff on it? And another solution is keep or get a Ps2, they cost 30$ now.

No, just it's pointless to spend money on something I already have just for something I'd think would be practical. I still have my PS2, I'm just pointing out it that the lack of feature stopped me form buying the console sooner.

You could call it a FWP, but I'd call it a bad move on a marketing stand point.
Also it would give the buyer the advantage of being able to sell their PS2 in order to reduce the price on the PS3, while still being able to play the games.

I actually remember hearing that, I don't think to many people were pleased.

Well Nintendo to en extend always knew this. They're original Gameboy games could be played on every Gameboy excepts for the GBA micro. It just seems they now also understand how important it is for all their consoles to have a if possible large amount of games that one could play on it.
Yeah Sony doesn't seem to get it anymore...

It's probably one of my favorite lines in this series.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No, just it's pointless to spend money on something I already have just for something I'd think would be practical. I still have my PS2, I'm just pointing out it that the lack of feature stopped me form buying the console sooner.

Also it would give the buyer the advantage of being able to sell their PS2 in order to reduce the price on the PS3, while still being able to play the games.

Well Nintendo to en extend always knew this. They're original Gameboy games could be played on every Gameboy excepts for the GBA micro. It just seems they now also understand how important it is for all their consoles to have a if possible large amount of games that one could play on it.

Before we get in trouble for turning this thread into a Sony vs Nintendo debate, let's get back to the topic, because not even Nintendo is perfect.

So 2 hours and 50 mintues, at least like someone said, a LOTR movie

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It took me 5 years to get a PS3, so I'm not getting a older model and selling my newer model and pulling a Unknown. I have a limited Sony Libaray to worry about GB and I only getting a few games this year because I have to get new glasses, a virus scan software, money for bus fare, food, I can only play with 50% of my check.

That's why I'm not worried about no backwards combaility, since I have to do important things with my check.

I'm right now grinning here because this post shows that you completely missed my (and Adrian's) point.
You werethe one proposing first to Adrian importing an older PS3 because it has "backwards compatibility", which we already identified as being useless because it only allows to play a select few PS2 games.
No one said a thing about what you should do or not.
If you can "play" with only 50% of your check you're then even more lucky than me because I have actually less, so there's no need to present your expenses to me because I already have a vast bunch of my own.

That last sentence almost borders on patronizing, so I won't even comment on that one.

But I concur, this is getting way too much off-topic.

Like I said, he completely missed the point why the issue was even brought up. <__<

Correct.

Not many people being pleased is actually an understatement, as I remember the very first PS3 having very bad sales in Germany while PS2 was still thriving.

I didn't follow the several producers for several times, as I always decide which on console I want based on the games that interest me, never the brand name or hardware specs. After my first Console, a Super Nintendo, I never had any other game console until the PS2.

---

Hehe, Xigbar has so many golden lines in Days, I wonder if they will also give us the scenes where Roxas is worried as heck about what happened in Castle Oblivion during an Agrabah-mission and Xigbar callously asks him if he has left the toaster plugged in. *ggg*.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm right now grinning here because this post shows that you completely missed my (and Adrian's) point.
You werethe one proposing first to Adrian importing an older PS3 because it has "backwards compatibility", which we already identified as being useless because it only allows to play a select few PS2 games.
No one said a thing about what you should do or not.
If you can "play" with only 50% of your check you're then even more lucky than me because I have actually less, so there's no need to present your expenses to me because I already have a vast bunch of my own.

That last sentence almost borders on patronizing, so I won't even comment on that one.

But I concur, this is getting way too much off-topic.

Like I said, he completely missed the point why the issue was even brought up. <__<

Correct.

Not many people being pleased is actually an understatement, as I remember the very first PS3 having very bad sales in Germany while PS2 was still thriving.

I didn't follow the several producers for several times, as I always decide which on console I want based on the games that interest me, never the brand name or hardware specs. After my first Console, a Super Nintendo, I never had any other game console until the PS2.

---

Hehe, Xigbar has so many golden lines in Days, I wonder if they will also give us the scenes where Roxas is worried as heck about what happened in Castle Oblivion during an Agrabah-mission and Xigbar callously asks him if he has left the toaster plugged in. *ggg*.
Xigbar became my favorite character after playing bbs and 358 2 days. He really shined in those games, going from a minor villain in kh2, to becoming a major villain in bbs, and finally taking his place as one of the main villains in kh ddd.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

we should just get a sound track off all his little lines.

Xigbar became my favorite character after playing bbs and 358 2 days. He really shined in those games, going from a minor villain in kh2, to becoming a major villain in bbs, and finally taking his place as one of the main villains in kh ddd.

I already loved his personality in KH2. It just got better with the two other games.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
lol Is it just me that doesn't really like Xigbar -_- I mean I don't mind him and I'll admit whoever first thought of his lines is pretty witty, but they just seemed like too much to me. Xigbar started to piss me off in Days after he could rarely be direct and always had to make something witty out of nothing haha xP

That's why when BbS came out, solidifying Braig as one of the more main villains, and getting to beat up on him as Aqua...makes me want to play BbS again right now lol xP

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
lol Is it just me that doesn't really like Xigbar -_- I mean I don't mind him and I'll admit whoever first thought of his lines is pretty witty, but they just seemed like too much to me. Xigbar started to piss me off in Days after he could rarely be direct and always had to make something witty out of nothing haha xP

That's why when BbS came out, solidifying Braig as one of the more main villains, and getting to beat up on him as Aqua...makes me want to play BbS again right now lol xP
Well he's supposed to be antagonizing and he's deliberately annoying. I personally love it and think he has one of the better dialogues of the KH characters.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Is it announced that HD 358/2 Days will actually feel like a movie? For all we know, it could be choppy as hell yet all I'm seeing is people saying "yay, finally, a Kingdom Hearts movie!".

Not trying to be pessimistic though but I'm just wondering if we really know for sure that it is gonna feel like a movie. It would be the most logical thing to do but you never know.

kupo1121

Awards
Well he's supposed to be antagonizing and he's deliberately annoying. I personally love it and think he has one of the better dialogues of the KH characters.

I will agree that he has great dialogue, but I can't help but have this feeling that it was a bit overdone to the point where I hated him lol xP Maybe that was the point all along, you always want to have a likable hero and a hate-able villain.

Is it announced that HD 358/2 Days will actually feel like a movie? For all we know, it could be choppy as hell yet all I'm seeing is people saying "yay, finally, a Kingdom Hearts movie!".

Not trying to be pessimistic though but I'm just wondering if we really know for sure that it is gonna feel like a movie. It would be the most logical thing to do but you never know.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
we should just get a sound track off all his little lines.

I already loved his personality in KH2. It just got better with the two other games.

Pfft, I wonder if this would be a good seller. Xigbar's/Braig's lines are funny, but I doubt people would want them as a soundtrack. *ggg*.

He's the definition of a troll, and unlike Xehanort himself or Vanitas, who are near-sadists, with him you can say "you're such an asshole" and laugh at the same time.

Indeed, finding his lines funny does not mean that you have to forget that he's an antagonist.

I will agree that he has great dialogue, but I can't help but have this feeling that it was a bit overdone to the point where I hated him lol xP Maybe that was the point all along, you always want to have a likable hero and a hate-able villain.

It is overdone, but that's the definition of a troll, isn't it?
In terms of hate-able villains though, I think Xaldin, Larxene, Master Xehanort himself and Vanitas are better candidates due to their outright cruelty.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Pfft, I wonder if this would be a good seller. Xigbar's/Braig's lines are funny, but I doubt people would want them as a soundtrack. *ggg*.

He's the definition of a troll, and unlike Xehanort himself or Vanitas, who are near-sadists, with him you can say "you're such an asshole" and laugh at the same time.

Yeah, I'd still like a collection of his lines though, maybe after KH1.5 is released someone will make a video that includes his best lines.

That's what makes him so great, he's quite the bastard but he's not quite a monster like the others.

Indeed, finding his lines funny does not mean that you have to forget that he's an antagonist.

Personally I think the antagonists with this kind of personality the best, them being funny makes them more likable.

kupo1121

Awards
It is overdone, but that's the definition of a troll, isn't it?
In terms of hate-able villains though, I think Xaldin, Larxene, Master Xehanort himself and Vanitas are better candidates due to their outright cruelty.

Trolls don't have to do jokes constantly though so I wouldn't say it is the definition of a troll. However, yeah, all those candidates are more hateable but just because they are doesn't mean Xaldin can't be up there with them lol xP And thinking about it now...Xaldin/Dilan or Xigbar/Braig...IDK which one is more evil :( Larxene just seems psychotic o_O

Personally I think the antagonists with this kind of personality the best, them being funny makes them more likable.

Cast and point: Kefka lol xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back