• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you want to see in a PlayStation 4 and NextBox?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So, more and more we keep getting leaks and rumors regarding the PS4 and the "NextBox". Its looking increasingly likely that we will see these two systems at E3 this year. As we approach the end of the seventh console generation, what do you want to see in the eighth? I've always been a fan of Sony and Nintendo myself. Would like to get a Wii U since I never got a Wii, and I really want to get a PS4 at launch if I like what I hear about it.

For me, my PS4 wishlist is:
-Backwards compatibility with PS1/PS2/PS3 titles to make the transition fantastic. PS2 BC is likely since it was finally discontinued this month so they have nothing to lose by adding it, similar to the PS1 BC which has remained in their console. PS3 is a hiccup though since they might be ditching the Cell processor. I really hope they have a premium model at launch that offers PS3 compatibility. I hope they don't ditch BC altogether, since there are a lot of high profile PS3 games coming out that I don't want to not be able to play on PS4.

-Improved user interface, similar to the PlayStation Vita. I like how it lets you minimize games and access settings and things of that nature.

-Great launch titles! Can you imagine the epic if Kingdom Hearts III was a launch title? Other things we could see are an Uncharted 4, LittleBigPlanet 3 and God of War 4.

-Piano black finish similar to the launch PS3. I dislike the design of both slim PS3s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never owned a Microsoft console, so I have no wishlist for them.

What about you guys?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Wish list for PS4:

The ability to not sit in my closet and gather dust.

Wish list for Nextbox:

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
-Great launch titles! Can you imagine the epic if Kingdom Hearts III was a launch title? Other things we could see are an Uncharted 4, LittleBigPlanet 3 and God of War 4.

Asking for a great launch is a bit much. No console has ever had a great launch. You'll be lucky to get three good games.

PS4 - Backwards compatabilty for PS1-3, and a starting price under $600 jesus christ what were you thinking last time Sony

NextBox - No more paying to play online. You can keep the gold membership and give extra stuff to people who have it, but paying to play online is for the birds. Also a simplified dashboard. That thing is a hot mess.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Backwards fucking Compatibility and for the ps4 not to cost a small fortune.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
The ability for the PS4 to play games 1080p natively. Seriously. This gen allowed us to play games in 1080p but most were developed in lower resolutions and simply upscaled to said resolution.

I'll probably wind up getting a PS4 late in it's life cycle. I like having a backlog of great games to play instead of having a dry spell. Also, I don't have the money for a new console.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I think the most important feature I'd want for the PS4 is backwards compatibility. I don't mind if it's not compatible with the PS1 but I at least want it to be able to play both PS2/PS3 games.

I also don't want it to be really expensive, like when the PS3 first launched but that's not much of a problem for me because I'll probably go for a slim like version when they release one.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
General

Backwards compatibility is a must, plus a save-file transfer system that isn't overly complicated or requires proprietary peripherals.

Slight bump in graphical capability on both a specific (purely detail) level and a global one (render multiple such objects). Huge bump in raw processing power so more objects, smarter AI and advanced physics can be active.

Add a couple of extra buttons in the middle, like secondary start and select ones that enable more functionality.

Future Xbox

Less diddlying proprietary peripherals for the Xbox. Open up to more third-party hardware and stop being money-grubbing bastards.

Less/no ads for a service we already paid for. Intelligent ads would be nice, as in ones that also recognise I pay no attention to ads whatsoever and thus go away entirely.

Exclusive titles with online play get dedicated servers. Battlefield Bad Company 2 had twenty four players two and a half years before Halo 4 came out, and it still has a maximum of sixteen. It's pretty much the only strong exclusive for the Xbox now, it bewilders me why Microsoft doesn't support it more with servers.

Scrap Microsoft points and let us just use actual money. Even force us to still add to our account balances through set increments, but take away the stupid cash-MP conversion factor.

I think the most important feature I'd want for the PS4 is backwards compatibility. I don't mind if it's not compatible with the PS1 but I at least want it to be able to play both PS2/PS3 games.
There's not a chance in hell that's happening. Sony gaming as a whole has been running at a loss for years, they'll want as much profit as they can get going into a new console cycle.
Giving people PS2 backwards compatibility doesn't only not give them money, it could cost them it because people are playing not-new games. Sony had their chance with the PS3 super-slim to reintroduce backwards compatibility and bolster customer goodwill, and they chose not to take it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
30 fps AT LEAST on any video game PERIOD.
720p AT LEAST on any video game PERIOD.
Backwards compatibility with upscaling capabilities if possible.

Free online multiplayer that's not just P2P (please dedicated servers). Period.

Standardized ports and accessories, no proprietary shit. I'm looking at Microsoft with all of its shitty expensive proprietary hard drives, wifi adapters, headsets, battery charging packs, etc.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony charged monthly for PSN to play online next gen.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
30 fps AT LEAST on any video game PERIOD.
720p AT LEAST on any video game PERIOD.
Backwards compatibility with upscaling capabilities if possible.

i'd be surprised if next gen consoles weren't 60 fps @ 1080p

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
i'd be surprised if next gen consoles weren't 60 fps @ 1080p
I think Dogen's point was more about strict resource management. Not necessarily 720p and 30fps as standard, but rather games developed in such a way (or hardware performing at such a level) that the relevant numbers never drop below that level under the heaviest of playing loads. I'd be honestly shocked if any triple-A title next generation was less than 30fps, and easily go over 1080p, which is becoming a bit of redundant number. 1080p was a big thing early this generation, but pretty much everything's already up to it these days.

2160p nigggguhz

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If that happens, I'm becoming an elitist PC gamer.

I'd probably have gone further down that road already if I had a good PC that could play most recent releases.

Being a pcfag is surprisingly cheap other than the investment in a good pc.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Lol, one of the things I love about Sony is the fact PSN is free compared to XBL. If they started charging for it, I'd either become a PC gamer, or go Nintendo. Even Wii U's Nintendo Network is free. And honestly, I can live with graphics of current gen. The thing I want mainly from next gen is less glitches .

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
strictly in terms of business models, if microsoft continues to charge for online services they're going to fall behind. steam and psn are just going to stomp them if they keep using free models.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I'd probably have gone further down that road already if I had a good PC that could play most recent releases.

Being a pcfag is surprisingly cheap other than the investment in a good pc.

The only reason I played on Xbox was because my friends and I didn't have decent PC's.

I've just recently gotten a laptop that can pretty much play anything, and I'm starting to only use my Xbox for Netflix. Might just get a Netflix player eventually.

Since most of my circle of friends now have really decent laptops/PCs we hardly ever use our Xbox's.

Might get a Steambox though.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
1080p30 (Dynamic resolution) per eye 3D

1080p60 2D with 2x AA = SMAA/FXAA

More photo realistic graphics

Better AI, NO CLIPPING and NO POP IN TEXTURES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back