• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chances of a Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix demo hitting the PSN?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A playable demo of Final Fantasy XIII was included in the Japanese version of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete, released on April 16, 2009.

Final Fantasy XIII-2's demo was released on the PSN on the 11th of January last year.

A demo version of the game(Final Fantasy Type 0) was released on August 11, 2011, available to Japanese users for download on the PlayStation Network. A second demo version was released on November 22, 2011, replacing the previous one.

So it comes as no surprise that Square Enix have been allowing demos of their games to be released. It is also evident that Square Enix are happy to release Kingdom Hearts demos now, as shown from the release of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance demo last year.

However, I would like to ask you, if you believe the chances of a Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix demo is possible, whether they will pull a Dream Drop Distance or keep it like Birth by Sleep, had demos made but not released to the general public.

On top of this, I would also like to ask whether you believe, if a demo is to be released, whether or not it is the same as the demos available at Jump Festa or a completely "new" level for play.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
I think it depends on how much Square Enix is going to advertise the game. The more hype, the better the chance we may see a demo. I'm not really sure we need a demo though, considering these games have been released before.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well they are trying to get new players and recapture some old ones so its really up in the air. However like the ddd demo, if they release one it will probably be somewhat minimalist.

BagelBreath

Awards
I can see them releasing a short demo similar to the DDD demo.
Run around Traverse, already have decent abilities, fight the armor heartless boss, end.

State

Awards
I can see them releasing a short demo similar to the DDD demo.
Run around Traverse, already have decent abilities, fight the armor heartless boss, end.

Guard Armor. '_'

heartless35%20-%20guard%20armor.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think seeing that they already made a demo for the Jump Festa it wouldn't be to much work to release it on the PSN. It would also be a good way to promote the game a little. Even if the game is 10 years old I see enough reason to do so and I'm sure enough of us would download it and play it till we got the real deal.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
If they do release a demo, it'd probably be among the same lines as the demo from KH3D. Just one area and then immediate boss fight.

To be honest, am I the only one who doesn't really care if there'd be a demo for this game released? I mean, I'll play it if it does, but I'm really no gonna care if it doesn't. It's really just the same 10 year old, but with updates graphics and slight re-arranging of commands. Nothing to get too excited about. Sure, I see the excitement in the whole game, but for a demo of a 10-year old game? Seems really weird to get excited about that.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
If they do release a demo, it'd probably be among the same lines as the demo from KH3D. Just one area and then immediate boss fight.

To be honest, am I the only one who doesn't really care if there'd be a demo for this game released? I mean, I'll play it if it does, but I'm really no gonna care if it doesn't. It's really just the same 10 year old, but with updates graphics and slight re-arranging of commands. Nothing to get too excited about. Sure, I see the excitement in the whole game, but for a demo of a 10-year old game? Seems really weird to get excited about that.

I'm fine with it being in the same lines as the demo from KH3D.

Well I wouldn't be upset, if they don't release it. But in my opinion I'd like it just to be able to compare how it feels in comparison to the original. They changed enough in my opinion that it might be a slightly different feel. Also it'd be cool to have a Kingdom Hearts I could play on my PS3 when ever I want.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I think seeing that they already made a demo for the Jump Festa it wouldn't be to much work to release it on the PSN. It would also be a good way to promote the game a little. Even if the game is 10 years old I see enough reason to do so and I'm sure enough of us would download it and play it till we got the real deal.
Jump festa demos have been much bigger than DL demos in the past. DDD had sora/riku play through an entire world at JF and E3, etc. What we got was simply a battle system, tutorials, a boss and a cutscene.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seems really weird to get excited about that.

SE needs to do everything they can to sell this game considering just how irate the fanbase is, and obviously many don't know about the additions and see this as another way to get money from the fans. Also the fact they just need to sell this gane period. This isn't going to sell 1 million units in each region, but they will still want to at least break 1 million worldwide.

It's a way to give people a chance to judge if they want to spend the money on a 10 year old game and if the additions are worth it. Also it is still a way to bring in new fans who have never touched a KH game in their life.

I just want a taste of how the game will be with the reworked camera, and to see if there are framerate drops and just how good it looks so I feel more like an informed consumer.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It's a way to give people a chance to judge if they want to spend the money on a 10 year old game and if the additions are worth it. Also it is still a way to bring in new fans who have never touched a KH game in their life.

I really don't think the demo would help with that. The only way I can see people thinking "Oh this is worth it for the new additions" is if the demo had you fight The Unknown from KH1FM, which is obvious they will not do.

I don't know, whenever I see an HD collection of a game I've played before, I don't need to play a demo. I just remember how much fun I had with the original game and go play it. Like with the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD collection. There was no demo, I just remembered playing the original, having fun, and then I decide to get this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea of a demo. By all means, if you guys feel a demo is super necessary, then that's that. I just don't think it's worth getting disappointed over if it doesn't happen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really don't think the demo would help with that. The only way I can see people thinking "Oh this is worth it for the new additions" is if the demo had you fight The Unknown from KH1FM, which is obvious they will not do.

That's true, yes, but even just a taste of the reworked basic functions would be good enough to me.

I don't know, whenever I see an HD collection of a game I've played before, I don't need to play a demo. I just remember how much fun I had with the original game and go play it. Like with the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD collection. There was no demo, I just remembered playing the original, having fun, and then I decide to get this.

But unlike Ico and Shadow of Colossus, there isn't an entire fanbase who thinks the HD remaster is a waste of time and holding them back from the next game.

Also I am one of the few people who would actually enjoy a demo for a HD remaster every now and then. If there had been a demo for the DMC collection, I could have saved my money. Also if there was a demo for Jak and Daxter, I probably wouldn't be so hesitant to order the collection.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea of a demo. By all means, if you guys feel a demo is super necessary, then that's that. I just don't think it's worth getting disappointed over if it doesn't happen.

I'm not saying I absolutely want one. I am also very content to go without it.

I'm just thinking of how consumers don't trust Square Enix, how a lot of fans are being extremely negative about the remaster, and that Square Enix needs to find ways of selling the game besides regular advertisement so people will go out and buy it. A demo can easily change the mind of a fan who hasn't touched a KH game since KH2. The jaded attitude of fans can easily overshadow the enjoyment a person had when playing a game, and it doesn't hurt to have something to remind them of why they liked the series besides memories and nostalgia. It also isn't hard for them to put one up on the PSN. So it is more of a "why not?" thing to me.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
A demo isnt entirely necessary for the people who have played it before-certainly not FM players like myself-but I wouldnt rule it out as entirely unnecessary. A demo released on PSN would prove to some people that it's coming to America. for new gamers, they can have a relatively small stage, like part of Traverse Town or Destiny Islands. or to demo battle controls something at the coliseum, with a FM exclusive cutscene thrown in.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Because it has new features and they are trying to sell it.

Yeah, I think they'll likely release a demo. They have been lately since they can, and I mean why not? I know it takes time obviously to make the demo, but considering this is a 10-year old game they are going to need the demo to revitalize people in buying it (even those who haven't played it yet might be weary on playing an "outdated" game if they believe it to be so).

To be honest, am I the only one who doesn't really care if there'd be a demo for this game released?

Yeah, the boss fight will definitely be along those lines, it was for DDD and XIII-2, but generally most demos consist of a part just like that.

As for the demo, I'm not all that interested in one and I doubt you'd be interested in it either lol xP We have played whatever the demo has to offer already (I've played FM, but they won't include any of those extras for those who haven't played FM on the demo) minus better graphics and an updated camera. Plus, the game is an automatic buy for me so it isn't like it has to prove itself to me haha However, that doesn't mean it isn't necessary for anyone outside the hardcore-fanbase.

I'm pretty sure if they did make a demo, they'd include some awesome cutscene after you finished playing the demo that talks about all these things for those who don't know about it. They'll most likely showcase all the new bosses, Days, and much more in the trailer to interest people :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I know I would like to get a little taste before I buy the actual game, just so I know how things work now, how fluid the camera is and whether the reaction commands are worth it.

Another question I forgot to ask, would you create a Japanese PSN just to download the Japanese demo? (Assuming there will be one)

I'm pretty sure if they did make a demo, they'd include some awesome cutscene after you finished playing the demo that talks about all these things for those who don't know about it. They'll most likely showcase all the new bosses, Days, and much more in the trailer to interest people :)
I think they'd just do a trailer like the one that starts to play after XIII-2.
Man, that trailer was trippy at first. Thought it was playable.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I really doubt there will be a demo of a game from 10 years ago changes or not.

If I'm not mistaken no other collection hasn't had a demo at all, or I must have never checked.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I really doubt there will be a demo of a game from 10 years ago changes or not.

If I'm not mistaken no other collection hasn't had a demo at all, or I must have never checked.

Have any of the other collections been from SE before? Ultimately, its better to look at the pattern of SE demos than it is to look at the pattern of collection demos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back