• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix Jump Festa Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well I do see a beta image in KH BBS (the one with just Terra) and KH 358/2 Days (the one with the Genie)
The one with the Genie was an officially release image back in 2008.
Screenshot01.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Really? I guess that cutscene was gonna be pre-rendered like some of the other important ones but they decided against it by the time of release.
They probably ran out of room. There was also a pre-rendered cutscene featuring Saix and Axel outside of Memories Skyscraper that was cut.
Also, I believe they downgraded some facial models too...
Screenshot03.jpg

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well I do see a beta image in KH BBS (the one with just Terra) and KH 358/2 Days (the one with the Genie)

The one with the Genie was an officially release image back in 2008.
Screenshot01.jpg

And it was also the one I spotted. I did not think the Terra one was deleted from BBS cuz he does go to Destiny Islands, but there is no FMV with the Genie. So Congrats Dokemon! You Got it!

They probably ran out of room. There was also a pre-rendered cutscene featuring Saix and Axel outside of Memories Skyscraper that was cut.
Also, I believe they downgraded some facial models too...
Screenshot03.jpg

Really? Is there a screen for that scene?

also, the facial models might not have been downgraded, well I actually see that it might've been. I'll boot up my emulator to see.

Anyway, I cant see why the Genie was so important enough to be prerendered. maybe they planned some of these scenes for all the Disney worlds, but ran out of room and cut all but the elite of important scenes and made the rest in-game. I can see why they cut Axel/Saix as they already have that subplot well represented in several other conversations and additions.

maybe, just maybe, some of these scenes have been done for 1.5, but I doubt it since aside from a couple useful bits that may not even have been planned, the story flows well without them.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
too bad. I'm always fascinated when deletions serface in some form or another that's more significant than say Roxas meeting Genie.

Theta

I thought the scene at Memory Skyscraper was just moved to the Hall of Empty Melodies. The dialogue was the same right?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
too bad. I'm always fascinated when deletions serface in some form or another that's more significant than say Roxas meeting Genie.

I would say Roxas meeting Genie in Days is quite significant. Interacting and connecting with others is the primary source of nuturing your own heart, remember?
Not to mention it is one of the very few interactions (besides Phil in Olympus) he has with characters outside the Organisation.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Makes me wonder how many of the actual Disney world scenes will be added into the movie.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I would say Roxas meeting Genie in Days is quite significant. Interacting and connecting with others is the primary source of nuturing your own heart, remember?
Not to mention it is one of the very few interactions (besides Phil in Olympus) he has with characters outside the Organisation.
But that wasnt significant then. And he already had vens heart which probably immensely helped the process.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Makes me wonder how many of the actual Disney world scenes will be added into the movie.

I could imagine quite a few, also to give some variation from the countless clocktower scenes and "worrying about Xion"-monologues.
From the bits I remember from Days there were quite some interesting interactions between Roxas and Xigbar in Agrabah as well as with Xaldin in Beast's castle, besides the obvious small scenes with Genie and Phil.

But that wasnt significant then. And he already had vens heart which probably immensely helped the process.
Huh? Didn't you ever think about that those things could have been built into the game for foreshadowing exactly such a later development? The Organisation members were ordered not to talk with inhabitants of other worlds. For that one, I would wonder if they do the scenes of the "Day off" where Roxas meets Hayner and the gang.

I won't deny that Ven's heart played a big role in indirectly nurturing Roxas' heart, as he went from the biggest "zombie" and youngest Nobody to develop true emotions and an own sense of self in astounding speed, yet him being acknowledged by others as his own entity
Phil said:
Don't be a stranger.
also helps greatly, which those scenes imply.
It was even lampshaded by Joshua:
Joshua said:
"By ourselves we're no one. It's when other people look at us and see someone... that's the moment we each start to exist."

So while Ven's heart (and Roxas' direct connection to Sora) surely sped up the process, it would not be all that was needed.
In this light, including those small scenes with the Disney characters would make very much sense.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, I have finally migrated away from SD forever! I got a new HDTV for Christmas, and I finally got my PS3 hooked up with HDMI instead of S-video cables. The difference is extraordinary! I can't wait to see how KH1FM HD looks on this TV :D

My only sadness is that we probably wont see KH2FM and BBSFM HD for a while now D:
KH1FM is my favorite, but those two would be awesome on my new TV, and unfortunately it looks like we will have to wait another year for it :/ I'm so sick of waiting on things from Square lol, but the payoff is always worth it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
H
Huh? Didn't you ever think about that those things could have been built into the game for foreshadowing exactly such a later development? The Organisation members were ordered not to talk with inhabitants of other worlds. For that one, I would wonder if they do the scenes of the "Day off" where Roxas meets Hayner and the gang.

So while Ven's heart (and Roxas' direct connection to Sora) surely sped up the process, it would not be all that was needed.
In this light, including those small scenes with the Disney characters would make very much sense.

I knew that exactly. What im saying is that meeting the genie alone wasnt really a key scene in the story the game was trying to tell. And it was made an ingame scene rather than an fmv. Not that any of the interactions werent important. Genies just happened the least and seem to be the least important of those interactions.

Well, I have finally migrated away from SD forever! I got a new HDTV for Christmas, and I finally got my PS3 hooked up with HDMI instead of S-video cables. The difference is extraordinary! I can't wait to see how KH1FM HD looks on this TV :D

My only sadness is that we probably wont see KH2FM and BBSFM HD for a while now D:
KH1FM is my favorite, but those two would be awesome on my new TV, and unfortunately it looks like we will have to wait another year for it :/ I'm so sick of waiting on things from Square lol, but the payoff is always worth it.
Your not quite done yet. Tvs are setup by manufacturers to sell but content is made to look the same on all sets. Youll need to calibrate the picture to make it look its best. Professional is best there but there are blu rays that exist solely for diy calibration. Trust me its worth it!

Last edited:

JuarezX

Still cant stop watching this trailer. I want to learn Japanese just for this game. The japanese voices just see, so much better then the english ones do.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
yeah but I dont know how japanese voice acting is judged in japan so I'm sticking with english.

and yeah, what I just said sounds weird to me toolol

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Still cant stop watching this trailer. I want to learn Japanese just for this game. The japanese voices just see, so much better then the english ones do.

Really I think just the opposite. The English version gives me the authentic voices since most people in these iconic movies return to reprise their role. And I loved Aqua's english voice TBH.

Well, I have a store that has used games and consoles. I think they might have used PS3s there, but I have to check. I'm probably going to get a PS3 that's used. I mean, I used to have a PS2 slim, but I sold it. And, the game will probably be coming to Gamestop. I'd probably wait a few weeks to get it used as I did for my Kingdom Hearts 3DS and also my 3DS. My 3DS was like $140 or $120 something dollars or in-between there.

Sony sells the PS3 super slim Black Friday bundle for $250 on their official site. The cheapest price for new PS3s I've seen online. If you're resilient though you can try and hunt for the Black Friday bundle at Toys R Us for the original $200 price point. I would never get used consoles for you don't know if it fully works and of course THE ROACHES!

crash13

Awards
Sometimes used consoles have dlc on them. When I got my 3DS it had all the games early adopters got for free.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yeah the Japanese voices are great, but I personally think the English ones are also pretty good. I like them a whole lot better then the German ones I have on my KH1 & KH2. I really hope if EU gets the Remastering they don't bring back the dubs or at least give us the option to choose.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Yeah the Japanese voices are great, but I personally think the English ones are also pretty good. I like them a whole lot better then the German ones I have on my KH1 & KH2. I really hope if EU gets the Remastering they don't bring back the dubs or at least give us the option to choose.

I actually hope for all languages that were recorded to be an option in the NA and EU versions. You have 25-50GB and not all those games will use the space up. PUT ALL THE VOICES AND SUBTITLES IN IT SE

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I actually hope for all languages that were recorded to be an option in the NA and EU versions. You have 25-50GB and not all those games will use the space up. PUT ALL THE VOICES AND SUBTITLES IN IT SE

That would be cool too. That way I could have my English dub and those that want to have the other dubs could. It could theoretically also give the game some what more replay value if you wanted to experience it in another language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back