• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

THIS IS ALL WE EAT HERE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Hey TM, I just wanted to show you how much I've grown in the last few years. Maybe get some feedback (because I never kupoing do)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

aaaand my current project
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Experimenting with a different form of the macabre genre. Usually when someone wants to make something scary or disturbing, they rely heavily on dark or grungy color schemes. Seriously, just google image search or tumblr search or whatever "macabre", and you'll be hard pressed to find a picture that doesn't use black. So I wanted to try making something soft and pail that's evokes some sort of creepy/horror vibes. I'm not going to post a finished version of this painting, because the figure at the top is some pretty heavy R rated gore.

ANY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/ETC?

~Farore~

Awards
Wow, You sure can create quite a lot of original characters.

Nice style you got there. I especially like the first one and One Piece drawings.

The last one, though quite creepy, looks great. ^^

Do you have names for all your characters?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
the pose toph's daughter is in looks a little weird

shoulder muscles on the bottom pic (to the left) also look a little off but idk might just be me

loving the idea of a horror piece with light colors though

Trag

Bronze Member
Damn man, that Hellboy fan art is spot on, good stuff.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Got some new art. I'm in a class right now that requires me to have a finished painting every other week, so I'm constantly spitting these out. It's really done alot to help me learn to paint both fast and well. I highly recommend trying this for at least a month.

lost_in_the_music_by_defineprog-d5jgfcc.png

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

meirge

Website
coldghosts.tumblr.com
woah your poses are so dynamic that's excellent. i love your range of colours in general, all your pieces feel really active and i like that a lot
anatomy seems a little funky in the earlier pieces but not so much in the more recent stuff you've posted!

also that cat girl is adorable i'd love to see more of her.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
woah your poses are so dynamic that's excellent. i love your range of colours in general, all your pieces feel really active and i like that a lot
anatomy seems a little funky in the earlier pieces but not so much in the more recent stuff you've posted!
For years and years, I had people telling me my colors look washed out or pale or gray. So thank you, I'm happy to finally be at a point where I don't have to hear that anymore lol. And yeah, sometimes I have a habit of just not caring about anatomy. Like I'll be drawing along and, "oh that arm looks way too long.....ah I don't feel like fixing it". I really need to stop that.

also that cat girl is adorable i'd love to see more of her.

When I get my Wacom Inkling (because I can only draw comics on paper, but I hate scanning), that'll happen sooner than later. :D

I love the Hulk one. It's awesome.

Thanks, Hulk's always fun to draw.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
You know I wish you'd continue your One Piece thing but that is my own selfish desire xD

I want to, also. But there's just no time. :< I haven't even TOUCHED that Cross design picture since the last time I updated you on it, because there's no time for any of my personal projects (unless they happen to match the perimeters of my school project lol).

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Here's a drawing of the Shadow King, an X-Men villain, that I'll probably never finish.
tumblr_me1wbd6K1h1qdt1y7o2_500.png

And a w.i.p. of Hades and Persephone, after learning that alot of people misinterpret their relationship as romantic (just look up persephone on deviantart), when it's supposed to be nothing but tragic. The story they meet in is called "The Rape of Persephone", for crying out loud.
tumblr_me1wbd6K1h1qdt1y7o1_500.png

Last edited:

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
heeey maaattheeww matheeeewwww

Really dig "The Last Journey North" and you seem to have done a good job creating distance in between the pieces of land. Although the one in the middle that slightly covers the T in Last seems a bit awkward because of that since it's sorta juxtaposed to the bottom one.

It becomes more part of the foreground than background.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Thanks for that, I totally didn't notice. Already made the change, though I don't feel like posting it. :p

ANYWAY HERE'S SOMETHING NEW. ANIMAL PEOPLE. (one of which you may recognize)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
My final project for my anatomy class; a painting of Hades and Persephone.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

My last painting of 2012, and also my grandparents' Christmas present. i'm actually pretty proud of it =S

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Eioha

Interesting combination and picturing of Hades and Persephone. But they do share almost the same "authority", if you could say that.

Nice use of colours in the second picture, you got some nice shading which creates depth in it. A few changes on the facial, but nothing else really. Really good job, no wonder you'r proud of it, I think they'll surely be happy for their present.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
My last painting of 2012, and also my grandparents' Christmas present. i'm actually pretty proud of it =S

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is easily your best painting yet,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back