• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
That's what they said about the original KH1:FM and KH2:FM releases.

Probably because it's being marketed as a, you know, HD re-release?

Please stop being an obnoxious know it all. It is bugging me to death~

HD just means higher resolution. Doesn't mean it has to have better character models. Everything is just touched up.

It'd be insanity on SE's part to just release it in Japan anyway, they already have FM.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth. There were things added to KH2 in the localization that weren't in the original JP version if I'm not mistaken, much like Kurt Zisa of KH1. When KH2FM was made, it was far far more than just bringing it back there.
KH2FM adds new scenes, collectibles, gummi missions, areas, enemies, music, limit form, extra bosses, extra scenes...

in comparison KH1FM only added a few new scenes and the Unknown (Xemnas) battle, gummi missions, and i think a few new enemies.

yeah kh2fm was awesome.

This is wrong; there is no NA exclusive content between the vanilla versions of the Japan KH2 and the NA KH2. KH1 was that situation. Also, KH1FM is superior to KH2FM. KH2FM was great and added a ton, but that's just because KH2 needed a lot of work. KH1 was already amazing, and FM just made it even more so with its fantastic added abilities, tons of new equipment, and of course the new heartless which were basically minibosses. People really understate the amount of content that KH1FM has, and it is simply a sign that someone hasn't played KH1FM extensively and is basing it off of second hand comments.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
This is wrong; there is no NA exclusive content between the vanilla versions of the Japan KH2 and the NA KH2. KH1 was that situation. Also, KH1FM is superior to KH2FM. KH2FM was great and added a ton, but that's just because KH2 needed a lot of work. KH1 was already amazing, and FM just made it even more so with its fantastic added abilities, tons of new equipment, and of course the new heartless which were basically minibosses. People really understate the amount of content that KH1FM has, and it is simply a sign that someone hasn't played KH1FM extensively and is basing it off of second hand comments.

The first bold I agree with second one not so much. I will admit I haven't played FM1 or FM2, but I don't know judging from the info about both games if I'd go so far to say FM1 is superior to FM2.

wii.red24

No it isn't, it's just SE milking the Kingdom Hearts series as much as they can til Kingdom Hearts III comes out,(lol 358/2 days coded Kingdom hearts PC wtf square ??) however i'm not opposed to the idea of a HD remake actually I think its pretty cool although again not really needed.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
No it isn't, it's just SE milking the Kingdom Hearts series as much as they can til Kingdom Hearts III comes out,(lol 358/2 days coded Kingdom hearts PC wtf square ??)

I don't fully enjoy my dinner at Chili's without some Con Queso Dip before my Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers. The cool thing about Con Queso Dip or other appetizers before the main course is that you aren't obligated to order them! Awesome!

Point is: You don't have to complain to the cook in the restaurant for providing extra things to enjoy before your Kingdom Hearts III is served on a hot fajita platter. It just makes you look unintelligent.

I also love you didn't mention Birth by Sleep. Which was actually a good game and totally a cash cow amirite

however i'm not opposed to the idea of a HD remake actually I think its pretty cool although again not really needed.

So what you are saying is that you have no idea what your actual opinion is.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't fully enjoy my dinner at Chili's without some Con Queso Dip before my Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers. The cool thing about Con Queso Dip or other appetizers before the main course is that you aren't obligated to order them! Awesome!

Point is: You don't have to complain to the cook in the restaurant for providing extra things to enjoy before your Kingdom Hearts III is served on a hot fajita platter. It just makes you look unintelligent.

I also love you didn't mention Birth by Sleep. Which was actually a good game and totally a cash cow amirite

Man, your post made me hungry but fully agree. KH3 might be good, might not. But the game shouldn't be your top pirority since it won't come for another few years.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Real talk: Kingdom Hearts 3 will never be what people are expecting it to be. I think people have these undefinable expectations for this game and it's not going to satisfy everybody, and I honestly fear what kind of results will come from reviewers and the vocal minority.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm lowering my standards to a degree that I expect it to be better than Kingdom Hearts II. I think that's a reasonable expectation.

That it is. That is what I did because I'm not going to experience what I did with KH2 coming from KH1/CoM.

Also lol I agree with your food comparison.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Real talk: Kingdom Hearts 3 will never be what people are expecting it to be. I think people have these undefinable expectations for this game and it's not going to satisfy everybody, and I honestly fear what kind of results will come from reviewers and the vocal minority.

I can just see nearly every reviewer's title for the game "Was it worth the wait?" followed by a small excerpt of either yes or no. I just hope that the amount of people that don't like it are too slow to hamper its sales so that it sells well in order for SE to continue the series, because if SE was going to drop the series at some point, KH3 is the prime opportunity.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Well for one it's because we're waiting for what now 7 years+ I mean games have come out for the series and what not, but for some folks going by the food example of Reagan Rayden going to a restaurant and you had your food order like an hour ago after finishing your appetizer where the fuck is my FOOD!

wii.red24

You're right I failed to mention Birth by sleep, so basically your arguement is that my arguement seemed unintelligent and flawed? You do realize that i was complaining about THE VAST AMOUNT OF NON NUMBERED TITLES and not just non numbered titles altogether right? I enjoyed Birth By Sleep thoroughly and it was quite fun and so was com. However I feels as if some titles were not necessary because they failed to contribute to the series in a major way like Dream Drop Distnace or Birth by Sleep did. And my friend when you have a Kingdom Hearts title about every year that's called milking for profit because people will buy Kingdom Hearts games even if they're no good. Nuff said bro

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
As much as the side games don't add to the story, they provide so much for us as well as the development team. They allow us to know the stories that main games skirt over (I know there was a pretty high demand for a game featuring Roxas's time in Org XIII). Most importantly, they allow the developers to sort of experiment with new systems and determine fun ways to play. Had a bunch of the side games been condensed, sure, we would have spent less money, but the games we get would be much more primitive than what we have now. People enjoyed the command deck system from BBS, and Re:Coded and DDD allowed the team to expand on it, figure out ways to tweak it to make it better. With even more practice, I hope for them to find a way to combine the original system of KH 1 and 2 with the command deck system.

So, in conclusion, the side games allow us to go without a huge drought of KH games (as 3 would still take the same time to develop with or without them), but also keeps the development team sharp with practice and fresh ideas
Not to mention voice actors get a lot more practice with their roles, which is also nice

wii.red24

As much as the side games don't add to the story, they provide so much for us as well as the development team. They allow us to know the stories that main games skirt over (I know there was a pretty high demand for a game featuring Roxas's time in Org XIII). Most importantly, they allow the developers to sort of experiment with new systems and determine fun ways to play. Had a bunch of the side games been condensed, sure, we would have spent less money, but the games we get would be much more primitive than what we have now. People enjoyed the command deck system from BBS, and Re:Coded and DDD allowed the team to expand on it, figure out ways to tweak it to make it better. With even more practice, I hope for them to find a way to combine the original system of KH 1 and 2 with the command deck system.

So, in conclusion, the side games allow us to go without a huge drought of KH games (as 3 would still take the same time to develop with or without them), but also keeps the development team sharp with practice and fresh ideas
Not to mention voice actors get a lot more practice with their roles, which is also nice

Ya know when you put it like that it actually makes sense as to why the developers would want to put out more KH games until KH III rather than just giving the fans nothing at all, and like you said it gives the fans like me and you stuff to play till KH3.

Xbladewielder

Awards
It's not really a spin off, and it's good for people who want to play the series but can't because of it being spread over so many systems. Besides, they're probably going to add more bosses and make the old ones a bit more challenging or something.

theirlosthearts

Awards
because if SE was going to drop the series at some point, KH3 is the prime opportunity.

I always knew that deep down, but I didn't want to acknowledge it. I am scared now 0-0 But really, I wonder if SE will ever fully drop KH, or make it live on forever like Final Fantasy. KH has a different style of story than FF, but from a business perspective, it seems like KH may be suitable for the same treatment of constant revivals and extensions just like FF due to the similar type of fanbase.

They allow us to know the stories that main games skirt over (I know there was a pretty high demand for a game featuring Roxas's time in Org XIII).

Ya know, that's a funny thing. (Big overgeneralization coming) People asked for Roxas' time in Org XIII, then they got it, then they complained about it not contributing fully to the story since it only gave them. . .Roxas' time in Org XIII. Just what they asked for. I don't think it matters if the players ask for something. If it can be labeled a "side-game," some people are automatically going to disapprove of it's significance storywise.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I always knew that deep down, but I didn't want to acknowledge it. I am scared now 0-0 But really, I wonder if SE will ever fully drop KH, or make it live on forever like Final Fantasy. KH has a different style of story than FF, but from a business perspective, it seems like KH may be suitable for the same treatment of constant revivals and extensions just like FF due to the similar type of fanbase.
As long as the franchise is lucrative there will still be games, especially with how willing Nomura is to do a second saga.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ya know, that's a funny thing. (Big overgeneralization coming) People asked for Roxas' time in Org XIII, then they got it, then they complained about it not contributing fully to the story since it only gave them. . .Roxas' time in Org XIII. Just what they asked for.

Actually they hate it because they feel is was more about Xion in the organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back