• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
This is a GIFT to the fans, not something you should be complaining about.

Does the collection also give the buyer the ability to speak and read fluent Japanese? The collection will never be released outside Japan.

This is a GIFT to the Japanese fans, not us lowly westerners, this is something you should be complaining about.

Fixed. Not even mad either, game still looks like a PS2 game. Final Mix 2 looks better on my emulator. HD my ass.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Does the collection also give the buyer the ability to speak and read fluent Japanese? The collection will never be released outside Japan.

Fixed. Not even mad either, game still likes like a PS2 game. Final Mix 2 looks better on my emulator. HD my ass.

You're kidding, right. There is no way this isn't leaving Japan. Please, give me the proof of why this will not e hitting international shores.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Fixed. Not even mad either, game still likes like a PS2 game. Final Mix 2 looks better on my emulator. HD my ass.

I'm looking at your signature and it says,
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (Not Completed)

There's a secret message that hint towards these HD remasters.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Not even mad either, game still likes like a PS2 game. Final Mix 2 looks better on my emulator. HD my ass.
Why is everybody so obsessed with HD? Can't we all just be happy that we're going to be able to play the games again with better controls and minor tweaking on the PS3? I don't even HAVE an HD TV to play the games on, but I still play HD games even though they don't look as pretty. Besides, it IS still a PS2 game, if they wanted to make it even more beautiful it probably would have taken longer to release.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
You're kidding, right. There is no way this isn't leaving Japan. Please, give me the proof of why this will not e hitting international shores.

That's what they said about the original KH1:FM and KH2:FM releases.

Why is everybody so obsessed with HD? Can't we all just be happy that we're going to be able to play the games again with better controls and minor tweaking on the PS3? I don't even HAVE an HD TV to play the games on, but I still play HD games even though they don't look as pretty. Besides, it IS still a PS2 game, if they wanted to make it even more beautiful it probably would have taken longer to release.

Probably because it's being marketed as a, you know, HD re-release?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
yeah the "obsession" with HD is that it looks better, probably sounds better, and a big tv requires high resolution.

Also I've played both games on my emulator running at about 1100x1100 resolution. There is no way that it really looks better at 1080p as the remix has new effects and textures. PS3 is not a huge improvement by any means, but sooo much better than somebody just made it out to be.

Also, the prerendered scenes are gonna be in HD now. An emulator is not designed to upscale video files.

1. Kinda if it would be on the PS3
2. I'm already planning to replay the games

Which is not very economical. Days was criciticized for having gameplay that wasnt varied enough to justify the linearity, and some people dont like linear games to begin with. seriously, I dont even consder BBS to be linear but a lot do. You're not forced forward in that game. The mission structure also got a little dull. Just not worth the time and money, especially with new locations for Neverland, Agrabah, Wonderland which would have to be completely rebuilt from scratch.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I don't think there has been and HD collection/HD game that really has been as it said.

Only game that got a great HD treatment was Wipeout HD/Fury.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
That's what they said about the original KH1:FM and KH2:FM releases.

The Final Mixes during that time were exceptions because the NA version included extras left out in the JP version.

KH 1.5 ReMIX has more reason and supporting evidence that this will be localized. The first game was released in 2002 and it's a nice opportunity for Square Enix to rerelease it.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The Final Mixes during that time were exceptions because the NA version included extras left out in the JP version.

KH 1.5 ReMIX has more reason and supporting evidence that this will be localized. The first game was released in 2002 and it's a nice opportunity for Square Enix to rerelease it.

Lol just KH1FM was different. NA actually got ripped off on KH2. We got the censored version and Japan warrants that to as a final mix :\

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Trust me, the difference of PS3 games on an SDTV and an HDTV is VERY noticeable.

PS3 games sure as for HD collections I don't think so.

Actually thinking back to when I use to play on SDTV some games didn't look to bad on mine yes there was an upgrade, but with some games the only thing I had a problem with was reading text.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I use to think HD wouldn't mean much to KH outside the CGI scenes, but the moment I first saw the trailer, that flew out the window. Everything was just so... clear and vivid. I honestly almost shed a tear seeing it. Unfortunately, I probably won't be buying a PS3, so I'll just have to enjoy this game from a distance. Also, even if you don't like the idea of HD re-releases, compiling some of the older games (one of which is 10 years old) onto one disc for newer fans (and older ones attracted to the FM) is definitely a sound idea if you ask me

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Actually thinking back to when I use to play on SDTV some games didn't look to bad on mine yes there was an upgrade, but with some games the only thing I had a problem with was reading text.

God of War HD and Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind of the HD remakes. Not only that but those game had AF, AA, higher FPS and 3D as options. Making it a better choice then even the emulators.

They obviously put some effort into this. Nomura said they added high res textures and switch the original KH1 models with models from RE:COM/DDD. Gameplay tweaks like battle system. Added KH2 camera to both KH1FM & RE:COM which was needed. Probably fixed some remaining bugs and glitches and optimized the game some more. Add to the fact that some post processing effects like lighting and shaders have been redone (Image looks more softer and natural now). I think they added some FXAA in there, stereoscopic 3D, 1080p30, and DD 5.1 soundtrack.

There are many reasons why this collection is important. It gives a refresh and closure to a series(story for some) that needs to end real soon. It also creates a superior version with extra content many people haven't add access to. I say the HD collection as a point. It's 2012, HD is in. Hdtvs are cheap (Don't give me the economy excuse).

*P.S. still optimistic on correct 16:9 widescreen, but let's not argue about that again.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Lol just KH1FM was different. NA actually got ripped off on KH2. We got the censored version and Japan warrants that to as a final mix :\

Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth. There were things added to KH2 in the localization that weren't in the original JP version if I'm not mistaken, much like Kurt Zisa of KH1. When KH2FM was made, it was far far more than just bringing it back there.

KH2FM adds new scenes, collectibles, gummi missions, areas, enemies, music, limit form, extra bosses, extra scenes...

in comparison KH1FM only added a few new scenes and the Unknown (Xemnas) battle, gummi missions, and i think a few new enemies.

yeah kh2fm was awesome.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There were things added to KH2 in the localization that weren't in the original JP version if I'm not mistaken, much like Kurt Zisa of KH1.
What did we get that wasn't censorship?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Actually, HD collections has it very noticeable too.
I think they added some FXAA in there, stereoscopic 3D, 1080p30, and DD 5.1 soundtrack.
But the games run at 60fps, so wouldnt 1080p30 create more apparent lag?

Ignoring Mirby's post, BBS NA got a lot more content than JP-even more compared to KH1-and KH2 was released very close to the JP version.

Either way 2-1 is in favor of zephyr here.

Last edited:

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back