• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Star Wars Film

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Re: Star Wars: Episode 7

I recently found out Whedon worked on Cabin of the Woods. Lets hope he doesn't try anything 'creative' like he did with that movie. Honestly if I had watched that movie in theaters I would've asked for my money back.

That movie is perfect what are you talking about.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Cabin of the Woods.

iElUm.png

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I recently found out Whedon worked on Cabin of the Woods. Lets hope he doesn't try anything 'creative' like he did with that movie. Honestly if I had watched that movie in theaters I would've asked for my money back.
Not a fan of satire?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

'Star Wars: Episode VII': Michael Arndt has written treatment for next three films - Zap2it

Michael Arndt may possibly be the writer of Episode VII and beyond. He wrote Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine, and the Hunger Games sequel. A good film writer, so if he winds up being the guy behind Episode VII, I can see things heading in a good direction.

Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have both said that they'd accept a role in Episode VII if Disney/LucasFilms approached. No word from Mark Hamill, yet.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

'Star Wars: Episode VII': Michael Arndt has written treatment for next three films - Zap2it

Michael Arndt may possibly be the writer of Episode VII and beyond. He wrote Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine, and the Hunger Games sequel. A good film writer, so if he winds up being the guy behind Episode VII, I can see things heading in a good direction.

Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have both said that they'd accept a role in Episode VII if Disney/LucasFilms approached. No word from Mark Hamill, yet.

Lucas, Disney! Let this guy write them.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I really have to say that while Disney has had much better quality control their movies the last couple years(Alice in Wonderland notwithstanding) I cant be optimistic about this. It doesnt feel at all right. Of course, if Lucas is not involved, it could be good(he was overcredited for the original Trilogy's success; a lot of the classic ideas were other people's and the tv show is very solid)

That movie is perfect what are you talking about.

yeah, it's been seen by critics and audiences as one of the genre's freshest entries in recent years. Taking all the cliches and giving them an interesting twist like that is about as creative as horror can get.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

I really have to say that while Disney has had much better quality control their movies the last couple years(Alice in Wonderland notwithstanding) I cant be optimistic about this. It doesnt feel at all right. Of course, if Lucas is not involved, it could be good(he was overcredited for the original Trilogy's success; a lot of the classic ideas were other people's and the tv show is very solid)
What doesn't feel right about it?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

What doesn't feel right about it?

well, for one thing, the first six movies were "the rise and fall of Darth Vader" and the show has taken a bit of that approach, the rest has been mostly fanfiction. And I'm a big fan of the Disney brandname(or at least their movies) so i'm kind of unsettled(Marvel was untouched, but who knows about this)

Anyway, like I said, Lucas was never really a good writer(at least Shyamalan had some of that talent, but he too should stop) so if Arndt writes this, there is some hope.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

He's a very good choice. He knows how to write emotionally moving stories.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Yeah, can't wait! Arndt is definitely a good sign. :D I also saw on IGN that they've started pre-production. EPISODE VII here we come!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

And thus, at that one moment, millions of hardcore fanboys gaped at their computer screens. And together, they all raised their heads and voices on high.

"NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" they yelled, well into the night.

JustSnilloc

As long as they don't ignore the EU, I'll be happy... If they do decide to ignore the EU on the other hand, I'll rage >_<

EDIT: Let me correct myself, if they decide to Overwrite EU, I'll rage... If they do anything other than rewriting EU, I'll be very very happy ^_^

Last edited:

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

1) I've let go of my hate for this whole business and have soften to the idea of VII, VIII, and IX AS LONG AS the original cast respises their roles because there can never be another Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, 3PO, and R2. Agreed?
2) I still do not believe any more movies are needed or even should be done however as fans have taken up that reaponsibility with books and games.
3) I am a Star Wars Fanboy at heart even if I was born 16yrs after the Trilogy first began
4) Don't know if its been stated but Xemnas can now be officially dubbed as a Dark Lord of the Sith

Back