• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Goon - The Only Kickstarter Worthy of Your Aid

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
[video=youtube;zr_Ta6NS3-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_Ta6NS3-g[/video]

The Goon is a film that (if funded) will be directed by oscar award winning director David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, The Social Network, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo), animate by Blur Studios (name a game with an amazing cgi cutscene or trailer, they probably did it), staring Clancy Brown (renowned voice actor best known for playing Lex Luthor and Mr. Crabs) and oscar award winning Paul Giamatti, and based on the multiple eisner award winning comic book series "The Goon". This is a project just stacked with talent, and with a strong cult following even before production. Yet it can't seem to get any backing from Hollywood based solely on the fact that an animated film aimed at adults supposedly won't sell well. The answer? Prove Hollywood wrong, via kickstarter. With your help and mine, we can not only help get this potentially amazing film green lit, but help Blur Studios (who many say should start making full fledged movies) get the foot in Hollywood's door.

As of the time this post was made, the project has $335,599 out of the pledged $400,000, with only 3 days left.

WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN! (this is the link to the kickstarter)

IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO SPARE, OFFER YOUR SUPPORT. IF YOU DON'T (as is the case with the majority of the people here), HELP SPREAD THE WORD. THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN IN HOLLYWOOD LIMBO FOR TOO DAMN LONG. DON'T LET HOLLYWOOD THINK THE ONLY THINGS THAT SALE ARE SEQUELS AND REMAKES.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I will probably give like $10 tomorrow (have to deposit my cash in the bank first) xD

This looks fantastic and I'd love to see this film make it out of production hell.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I wasn't quite expecting this to be so funny. I really hope it gets enough money to be produced as a feature length film; I might try to throw 5 dollars or so its way.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Damn man, if you showed this a week ago I would've totally put some money in. But I had to get new tires -_-

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
it's reached the goal

this looks pretty cool beans actually hope this shit gets made

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Hell. Yes.

Damn man, if you showed this a week ago I would've totally put some money in. But I had to get new tires -_-

I've been telling people on these forums about the Goon for ages, man, nobody ever listened. But it's all good, it got its funding, and I'm going to get my awesome as hell signed poster. Hollywood better listen now.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I feel bad that I can't throw money at this. At least they got to their goal apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back