• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Nomura Interview Incoming This Week!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Far from the danger of another news drought, the exact opposite is taking place! Thanks to Sqexgal, we just learned that yet another interview with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura will be in this week's Dengeki Playstation! Continuing on from last week, this interview includes the following pieces of information:

• The decision to make HD remasters of KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX and KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories was decided upon prior to that of FINAL FANTASY X HD
  • The HD achievements on KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX was accomplished thanks to two programmers on the Osaka team (KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]). The team itself remains relatively unchanged, and 1.5 is in its final stages of development.
  • The HD scenes from KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days in total come to about two-three hours worth.
  • The camera has been changed to be similar to that of KINGDOM HEARTS II.
  • There will not be a new secret movie.

Nomura also makes a remark on THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, saying that it's a personal favorite title of his, and he expresses that he'd like to expand the series, but for now he wishes that everyone would please enjoy Solo Remix.

We'll have more information for you shortly when the interview in full surfaces later this week. Until then!

Edit: Thanks to Hokanko and Goldpanner, we have some more translations!

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura, Director of Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- 

Sections from an interview with series director Mr Tetsuya Nomura.

• Plans for HD remaster were around before the FFX one. They consulted with the Osaka Team over whether they could do something to make best use of the PS3's performance.
  • Actual development was kickstarted because one, the KH series had been spread over several consoles and two, in the series 10th year it had become difficult for new gamers to join in.
  • HD remastering was very difficult, but two programmers from the Osaka Team spent close to a year on this and that and it came to fruition
  • What he said he was researching in a previous interview was HD remastering for KH. The clips that have been released are thanks to the Osaka Team
  • The programmers that handled the HD remastering were merged in from a team that hadn't been involved in the KH series up until now
  • There are KH staff in the Tokyo Team too but there have been drastic changes, you could say that the basically unchanging lineup of the Osaka Team forms the true present staff for the series. The series is able to continue because of them
  • Development for HD is basically in the final stages. He thought about perhaps remaking 358/2 Days as a game, but it would have taken over a year so he decided to give priority to the new title and instead have Days, necessary for inclusion, as a video volume
  • You can select Days straight away after starting the game
  • Some of Sora and the other's models have been replaced with the latest ones
  • There is trophy support. He himself hasn't had much to do with the trophy feature, so he is still researching now as to what sort of content to include. Discussion over whether or not you'd need them for clearing worlds and first obtaining Keyblades etc is still underway
  • The game controls have been adjusted a little to make them easier to use than they had been. Special commands display for the △ button, and camera controls have been made closer to the base ones in KHII. There aren't really any big additions. He'd like you to think of HD remastering and trophy support as all the additional components.
  • There's no new secret movie
  • He hasn't thought about making a bundle edition
  • It would be unnatural to make 1.5 but not 2.5
  • Work is entering the final stages and development is doing well, so it's planned for 2013 but he wants to deliver as soon as possible
  • Browser will be a typical browser game. Controls will be simple and using cards, content not strong on action (?). Co-operating with several people is also a feature
  • Fundamentally it's for one person
  • Development is not by the Osaka Team, it's somewhere else
  • It will be a spin-off title, completely removed from the story of the main series. Because of the nature of a browser game, they couldn't put in any grand set up for the story
  • There are new characters, but he won't say whether they will be involved in the main series
  • The Xehanort Chronicle is formally called the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicle*'. He definitely wants to prepare us before the conclusion of this.

There is also a comment from composer Ms Yoko Shimomura.

*Translation note: In past interviews and summaries this has been written in katakana, but here it is written in English letters exactly as 'Dark Seeker'. I'm not sure whether this is Nomura's own choice or hokanko's choice. Also, I'm not sure whether to take that with a grain of salt anyway, seeing as early magazines did first publish the 'Unversed' in BBS spelled in English letters as 'Unbirths' which turned out to have been either changed or a mistake. Seeker of Darkness is already a key term in the series so I'm going with that in my translations until localised information is released! The word I translated as 'chronicle' is still in Japanese, though, and it may be localised as something different such as 'saga' or 'series'. I think the word chronicle is the best translation though so I will be using that until a localised term is released.

Source: GematsuGame Nyarth, Hokanko and Goldpanner

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Sign we posted the exact same thing at the exact same time. LOL.

Anyways I closed my topic yours is better.

Happy about the camera.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Haha, what a coincidence! Sorry for the inconvenience roku! I spent too long trying to make it look pretty.

Can the Osaka team just make every KH game now? xD

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It's no big deal.

Yes have them make kh3.

He also says new Versus info soon, and his involvement in Lightning returns is complete

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Excuse me while I flip a bit. KH HD was planned before FFX HD? OH MAN. That means Nomura has been laughing at us pining after this for two years now xD

Also, YES OSAKA I LOVE YOU. They seriously need to just make KH forever. They get more done than PD1, at least. And it is always enjoyable to play the games they have a hand in. ;A;

NOMURA AND TWEWY <3

whats the camera thing is it when you rotate

Yes, the camera is when you "rotate" the image on the screen. *pretends this question never existed*

KZX

This is great news. I was expecting Days to be pushing just past an hour for it's Theater Mode, but 2-3 hours is very impressive. They'll really do that game's story justice with that.

Also, KH1 is going to be so smooth in this collection what with assigning special commands to triangle and an actual functioning camera. Unfortunately I won't be able to blame the game's controls for my failure anymore...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Excited for the new interview! I can't believe Days is getting 2-3 hours of cutscenes.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Osaka was doing prelim KH3 stuff. They're quite capable of it now. Shibuya/Shinjuku PD1 is currently neck-deep in FFXIV, then Versus. (Lightning Returns is probably largely a outsourced tri-Ace/Marvelous AQL affair like XIII-2.)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Osaka was doing prelim KH3 stuff. They're quite capable of it now. Shibuya/Shinjuku PD1 is currently neck-deep in FFXIV, then Versus. (Lightning Returns is probably largely a outsourced tri-Ace/Marvelous AQL affair like XIII-2.)

Hmm. Your probably right on all accounts.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
FINAL STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT~? How about a January 1st release for Japan and then the next day it's released everywhere else. XD

iC3

I seriously cant wait for all of this to just be bestowed upon us. Either a Kingdom Hearts HD Collection or Final Fantasy X HD Remake is extremely efficient for me, whichever comes first.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Hmm. Your probably right on all accounts.

My reasoning is that Osaka will have two KH HD projects under its belt by the time Kingdom Hearts III would roll into development, and they've proven themselves as a studio.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is a huge undertaking -- as the game is pretty much being rebuilt from the ground up and on a very very demanding schedule. 750 people are on it (300 from PD1 and 450 outsourced, which is absolutely massive). Versus likely being the next big project, they'll get shifted to that. It could probably be out in Japan by holiday 2013, but I'm just speculating optimistically.

Lightning Returns will need some PD1 manpower but probably not nearly as much since a lot of the gruntwork is likely being handled by outsourcing to tri-Ace and Marvelous AQL. Basically the same situation as Final Fantasy XIII-2. No really, watch the credits and you'll see them all over the place. ;p

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
My reasoning is that Osaka will have two KH HD projects under its belt by the time Kingdom Hearts III would roll into development, and they've proven themselves as a studio.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is a huge undertaking -- as the game is pretty much being rebuilt from the ground up and on a very very demanding schedule. 750 people are on it (300 from PD1 and 450 outsourced, which is absolutely massive). Versus likely being the next big project, they'll get shifted to that. It could probably be out in Japan by holiday 2013, but I'm just speculating optimistically.

Lightning Returns will need some PD1 manpower but probably not nearly as much since a lot of the gruntwork is likely being handled by outsourcing to tri-Ace and Marvelous AQL. Basically the same situation as Final Fantasy XIII-2. No really, watch the credits and you'll see them all over the place. ;p

And that's why I agree with you. Your very knowledgeable about these kind of things.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What wonderful news.

2-3 hours, geez there better be free popcorn given with the game, am I right? I'm right.

Anyways, sounds good. And I would like Osaka to make KH 3.
I mean come on, BBS, 3D, 2 HD collections, and Re:CoM.

That's 5 titles.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
2-3 hours sound really nice.

I'm also totally okay with the camera change even though I wouldn't have minded if it stayed the same.

Phantom Knight

A bit disappointed there won't be a new secret ending, but I can admit it's unnecessary and all the changes are enough.

Two to three hours of 358/2 Days? Sounds awesome.

crash13

Awards
I was really hoping there would be a new secret video, but fixed camera in KH is awesome enough.

Sorarocks93

Awards
The decision to make HD remasters of KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX and KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories was decided upon prior to that of FINAL FANTASY X HD

That will keep the haters quiet.

The HD scenes from KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days in total come to about two-three hours worth.

Yay!

There will not be a new secret movie.

Awww...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back