• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Interview in Famitsu Mentions KHII HD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decrith

Such a shame that Days won't be remade, but at least we get to see over 100 scenes, so I'm fine with it, and besides, gameplay is similar to KH1 anyway (except for the panels), so I won't mind it (too much)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
100 cutsceanes from days alone, thats proably more then an hour of footage
so kinda like a movie

Malevolence

Raw Life
KH1 will be a little more similar to KH2's gameplay? And the 100 scenes is definitely a plus.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, it was a weird decision. This is why this HD Remaster is the best bet for EU to finally get Re:CoM.

PS3 is region free, so even if this doesn't get an EU release, it could be imported and played without any sort of modding to a persons console.

of course, that'd only help only people who speak english. so hopefully this gets localized for everyone.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
PS3 is region free, so even if this doesn't get an EU release, it could be imported and played without any sort of modding to a persons console.

of course, that'd only help only people who speak english. so hopefully this gets localized for everyone.
She meant for Re:CoM, not the entire collection.

Chistosa

Awards
Aw man, now that someone up there mentioned it...how would they go about voicing any extra scenes with DiZ? His voice was perfect, and it'd be a shame if it was replaced. ;A;

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
She meant for Re:CoM, not the entire collection.

uh, yeah. and re:com is in the collection. so if the collection gets an NA release, and somehow not a EU one, then people living in EU could still import the NA version and play Re:Com.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
uh, yeah. and re:com is in the collection. so if the collection gets an NA release, and somehow not a EU one, then people living in EU could still import the NA version and play Re:Com.
Did you miss the panic where news was coming out that Re:CoM was just going to be cut-scenes only and Rac7d thought that didn't matter since there was a PS2 version of it so we told him that EU would miss out once more?

We weren't talking about the collection not getting a EU release, we were talking about how if Re:CoM actually was not a full game, that EU would miss out again.

Xagzan

Awards
I don't know. I mean, I can't help but wish Days was a full game as well. And it sounds like there were ways it easily could've been. It says Nomura actually was considering it, so just, why couldn't they have pushed the release date on this back so as to give them more time to upscale it? Or if that would've been too troublesome, why not just not include BBS in 1.5 instead of Days? Especially since Nomura's talking about these collections allowing people to play in chronological order, which doesn't make sense because BBS isn't in 1.5. If it had been, they could've pushed back Days to be included with 2.5 and would've had more time to make it a full game.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Ranko

So Nomura wanted to remake Days but didn’t get to... do you think they’ll remake Re:Coded for 2.5? Nomura will have more time to plan ahead for the next collection.

But if Re:Coded gets the theater mode treatment in 2.5 how much of the story will they cover? Re:Coded was fun gameplay wise but it’s pretty much pure filler with nothing important happening except the ending and secret ending.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
l_506c06c46ebf3.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sweet.

Anyways, because it's 1 am and I'm bored as shit, here's a question for you.

Would you rather the Days scenes be:
a)Viewed all in one go, like a movie or a long TV episode(like the PLAY ALL button)
b)you can pick and choose which scenes you watch, and when you're done you go back to the theatre menu?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Sweet.

Anyways, because it's 1 am and I'm bored as shit, here's a question for you.

Would you rather the Days scenes be:
a)Viewed all in one go, like a movie or a long TV episode(like the PLAY ALL button)
b)you can pick and choose which scenes you watch, and when you're done you go back to the theatre menu?

Both. I wish it would be like a movie that you can just pause and get back on whenever you want to. Although I think that is wishful thinking, I do hope this will happen.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
October 4th I think.

That's tomorrow if so. Then we will have more info.

And to why Days is cutscene, if pushed back just to remake a game would mess up the one game per year flow and Days and it's gameplay... Well, can't say.

And BBS is not in the first collection because KH2's secret ending led BBS which led to Recoded secret ending which led to DDD.ww

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I don't know. I mean, I can't help but wish Days was a full game as well. And it sounds like there were ways it easily could've been. It says Nomura actually was considering it, so just, why couldn't they have pushed the release date on this back so as to give them more time to upscale it? Or if that would've been too troublesome, why not just not include BBS in 1.5 instead of Days? Especially since Nomura's talking about these collections allowing people to play in chronological order, which doesn't make sense because BBS isn't in 1.5. If it had been, they could've pushed back Days to be included with 2.5 and would've had more time to make it a full game.

Developing Days, no matter how simple it may be (well, it probably isn't, anyways), still consumes time that could have been put into other projects. Square has other KH projects to focus on, let alone non-KH projects.

In regards to BBS. Even though it was a prequel to KH1, the game was still designed to succeed KH2, particularly plot-wise and gameplay-wise. In terms of plot, KH2 introduced plot elements and mysteries that BBS would later elaborate upon, just as KH1 did the same for KH2. Gameplay-wise, well...Imagine playing BBS first, then KH1. The transition from a gameplay system as developed as BBS to KH1's gameplay system is preeeeettttyyy bad.

So Nomura wanted to remake Days but didn’t get to... do you think they’ll remake Re:Coded for 2.5? Nomura will have more time to plan ahead for the next collection.

But if Re:Coded gets the theater mode treatment in 2.5 how much of the story will they cover? Re:Coded was fun gameplay wise but it’s pretty much pure filler with nothing important happening except the ending and secret ending.
Re:Coded did actually introduce some important plot details, although I admit they're more abstract in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back