• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else engage in independent role playing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
I've always been a huge fan of role playing, but it wasn't until I was introduced to Tumblr RP's that I fell in love. After 6 months of role playing with a community, I found myself not completely satisfied as I was never really in control of what was happening and I was never fully in control of my own character, a character that was original by background and personality.

After a short while my friend introduced me to 1x1 independent role playing on Tumblr, it's similar to RPing as a community except you conduct in your own self-made plots and can also RP with anybody else rather then been stuck in this small community of accepted applications and what not.

My quick question was, does anybody else engage in this and I wouldn't mind some new writing partners for my original character and also thoughts on the idea would be practical.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
So basically, you're asking if anyone has every engaged in private, 1x1 RPs? If so, I've done that a few times. And I wouldn't mind trying to get into it again.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I've only done it once before, but it was probably the most fun I've had in all of roleplaying because it was such a well-concentrated experience. Started out as a one-on-one sci-fi battle, but my opponent and I eventually decided we wanted to weave more story and struggle into it, eventually just deciding to make it a wholly pre-planned back-and-forth tale. It ultimately didn't reach conclusion, but we both enjoyed the experience because it felt so much more fluid and directed than much else we had done.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
So basically, you're asking if anyone has every engaged in private, 1x1 RPs? If so, I've done that a few times. And I wouldn't mind trying to get into it again.

Yeah! I actually do it on Tumblr, it's alright in terms of role playing and I've grown accustomed to the layout and how everything works now rather then using invision free boards like I used too in my old Avengers RP days. I actually just applied to an RP on here a few moments ago.

I've only done it once before, but it was probably the most fun I've had in all of roleplaying because it was such a well-concentrated experience. Started out as a one-on-one sci-fi battle, but my opponent and I eventually decided we wanted to weave more story and struggle into it, eventually just deciding to make it a wholly pre-planned back-and-forth tale. It ultimately didn't reach conclusion, but we both enjoyed the experience because it felt so much more fluid and directed than much else we had done.

Yeah, it is a much better way of RPing and you do have a lot more control, I'm interested to see how RPing on here works, I followed the online application to the best of my ability and tried to take in the story. The whole idea they've come up with is brilliant. The Eclipse King I believe is the name of the antagonist, interesting sequel to the Xehanort Saga.

Endless Strategy

My goodness I loooooove 1x1 RPs it allows for such a coherent experience that I feel totally immersed. It also gives me the power pf control I crave (I'm always a dungeon master at heart).

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
While I can appreciate what one-on-one stories can do, I feel to call them 'roleplays' isn't entirely accurate. To me, a fundamental aspects of roleplaying is that, at the most, only very broad events are pre-planned. One of 'true' roleplaying's greatest strengths is its flexibility and potential for randomness.

Endless Strategy

While I can appreciate what one-on-one stories can do, I feel to call them 'roleplays' isn't entirely accurate. To me, a fundamental aspects of roleplaying is that, at the most, only very broad events are pre-planned. One of 'true' roleplaying's greatest strengths is its flexibility and potential for randomness.

If planned properly, a 1 x 1 can allow for even greater freedom. I mean think about it, is there any RP that's truly unrestricted? Freeform is one thing, but if you have an RP with a progressive plot there's a lot that you can't really change. Take KH Eclipse; the players couldn't control the the time they were thrust into their roles, or The success of the Eclipse King's invasion of Radiant Garden. Indeed, the entire RP has been fraught with a recurring theme of inevitability. Whereas in a 1 x 1 you're only dealing with 2 people, it is far easier to continually branch out and accommodate the plot for unexpected changes. And since it's 1 x 1, you can make the storyline very deeply woven, not having to spread your material over a dozen players. And even if the aformentioned elements aren't present in some 1 x 1, they still involve people taking on the roles of others. I think they're Roleplays in every sense of the word.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I did do a form of this like 8 years ago with a friend in AOL IM back when AOL online was the thing to have. I didn't know anything about rping at the time, but at the same time, I had so much fun. I wasn't lettered down by the restrictions of rules or anything of that nature. So, to answer the question, yes I have. I might even do it again.

On a side-note, Battling can be a form of it, right? If so, then there's that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back