• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 10th Anniversary Fan Selections Site Updated With Final Tracks!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The KINGDOM HEARTS 10th Anniversary FAN SELECTION -Melodies & Memories- website has update once again, and probably for the last time, as the final songs have been added to the track list!

Twinkle Twinkle Holidays, a track that is found in Drammatica: The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura soundtrack, was added today as well as Fantasia alla marcia for piano, chorus and orchestra from KINGDOM HEARTS II.
Yoko Shimomura left a special message in her final writings of these songs. Translations of this message will be available soon.

The KINGDOM HEARTS 10th Anniversary FAN SELECTION -Melodies & Memories- soundtrack is out now in Japan for 3500 Yen(roughly $45 US).

Edit: Thank to Goldpanner, we have translations of Ms. Shimoura's writings!

Fantasia alla marcia for piano, chorus and orchestra: As the music used during the credits for KHII, this song is march-style + melody made from phrases from various themes-style. Just as with the credits music from the first title, the 'march-style' part was a request from Mr Tetsu. Actually, at first, when I heard "do a march", I thought, "Huh? Why a march!??". But, when you really think about what 'march' means, there is this bright cheery imagery of '(all the staff together) moving ahead, moving onwards'. I feel that is very fitting for the credits for Kingdom Hearts. Onwards, onwards, believing there is definitely a bright future ahead. 
--Yoko Shimomura

Twinke Twinkle Holidays:
 Finally, the last comment I will write (that's a bit lonely... ;
This last track is a bonus track taken from 'drammatica -The Very best of Yoko Shimomura-', released in 2008. On this album were four tracks from the Kingdom Hearts series, but the other three made the ranking, and apart from parts of songs used in the medley, had already been recorded as original songs. And so, by process of elimination (haha), we went with this song, which had not been recorded as an original song. The track is a medley of the battle theme for Christmas Town in 'Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +', and the theme for the flying part in the Neverland stage in 'Kingdom Hearts'. Game-wise there isn't any connection. However, when we were choosing the tracks for the 'drammatica' compilation, I decided, let's go with these two tracks as a medley! These two tracks are, to me, the 'symbol of happiness in Kingdom Hearts'. Exciting! Fun! Happy!! Don't those feelings come through in these songs~~?? They do, right~!? Tell me they do~~~!! (haha.) I wanted to end this 'Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary FAN SELECTION' CD with not a dark song, but a bright song. So, rank not-withstanding, isn't it perfect!? 
--Yoko Shimomura

“Well, thank you so much for following along and reading my drawn-out poor writing for this long. 
Writing detailed individual comments isn’t my usual attitude, but your voices saying you wanted to read stories of memories from during production and explanations of the compositions and such reached me, so I challenged myself to do it this way this time.
When I first started writing I did feel lost for a bit, but as the updates increased, I heard many happy voices of people who were looking forward to it, and people who wanted to read more, and such.
Thank you so much! Thanks to you, even though this is later than we first planned (sweatmark), I was able to finish writing these right to the end.
It’s after release, and I hear that sales are going well.
To everyone who pre-ordered or purchased it without delay, and to everyone who voted in the poll, I am so very grateful. Thank you so much.
If I get the chance, I would like to try writing comments like these again. Next is... the 20th anniversary!? Well, we’ll just have to go that long (haha). 
Lastly, to the people who have helped me with such powerful, warm support these ten years, Square Enix’s Mr Kawamori, Mr Noda, Mr Yamazaki, Mr Ishimoto, Mr Sekito, and, Mr Tetsu, all the project managers, everyone in the team, all the production staff, everyone in PR, and, and, there are too many to write here, so many so many many many people who have supported me and made me able to write as many songs as I have. Thank you so, so, soooooooooo much!
And, to you, looking at this comment now, here is love and gratitude from my heart.
Thanks for 10th Anniversary!!"

Source via Twitter, KINGDOM HEARTS 10th Anniversary FAN SELECTION -Melodies & Memories- website

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: KH 10th Anniversary Fan Selections Site Updated With Last Track!

hey guise. this song is really good.
[video=youtube;hKEbxbUVS9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKEbxbUVS9E[/video]

guize.....?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Re: KH 10th Anniversary Fan Selections Site Updated With Last Track!

It's a pretty awesome track indeed. :3

Also, I'm not sure if this appeared in KH2FM... I thought it was the Christmas Town main theme but....

it's the battle theme

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is the battle theme from there + the flying theme from Neverland in KH1!

Here are two new comments (she put another one in KH2 as well!) Anddd I am still working on her closing message at the bottom of the section...

(please credit here or here!)

Fantasia alla marcia for piano, chorus and orchestra: As the music used during the credits for KHII, this song is march-style + melody made from phrases from various themes-style. Just as with the credits music from the first title, the 'march-style' part was a request from Mr Tetsu. Actually, at first, when I heard "do a march", I thought, "Huh? Why a march!??". But, when you really think about what 'march' means, there is this bright cheery imagery of '(all the staff together) moving ahead, moving onwards'. I feel that is very fitting for the credits for Kingdom Hearts. Onwards, onwards, believing there is definitely a bright future ahead.
--Yoko Shimomura

Twinke Twinkle Holidays:
Finally, the last comment I will write (that's a bit lonely... ;
This last track is a bonus track taken from 'drammatica -The Very best of Yoko Shimomura-', released in 2008. On this album were four tracks from the Kingdom Hearts series, but the other three made the ranking, and apart from parts of songs used in the medley, had already been recorded as original songs. And so, by process of elimination (haha), we went with this song, which had not been recorded as an original song. The track is a medley of the battle theme for Christmas Town in 'Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +', and the theme for the flying part in the Neverland stage in 'Kingdom Hearts'. Game-wise there isn't any connection. However, when we were choosing the tracks for the 'drammatica' compilation, I decided, let's go with these two tracks as a medley! These two tracks are, to me, the 'symbol of happiness in Kingdom Hearts'. Exciting! Fun! Happy!! Don't those feelings come through in these songs~~?? They do, right~!? Tell me they do~~~!! (haha.) I wanted to end this 'Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary FAN SELECTION' CD with not a dark song, but a bright song. So, rank not-withstanding, isn't it perfect!?
--Yoko Shimomura

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Christmas Town was so much better in Final Mix.

Santa Sora <3

thanks for the translations again! :3

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aw no worries Mirby :3

Here is her final comment, too! (please credit here or here!)

“Well, thank you so much for following along and reading my drawn-out poor writing for this long.
Writing detailed individual comments isn’t my usual attitude, but your voices saying you wanted to read stories of memories from during production and explanations of the compositions and such reached me, so I challenged myself to do it this way this time.
When I first started writing I did feel lost for a bit, but as the updates increased, I heard many happy voices of people who were looking forward to it, and people who wanted to read more, and such.
Thank you so much! Thanks to you, even though this is later than we first planned (sweatmark), I was able to finish writing these right to the end.
It’s after release, and I hear that sales are going well.
To everyone who pre-ordered or purchased it without delay, and to everyone who voted in the poll, I am so very grateful. Thank you so much.
If I get the chance, I would like to try writing comments like these again. Next is... the 20th anniversary!? Well, we’ll just have to go that long (haha).
Lastly, to the people who have helped me with such powerful, warm support these ten years, Square Enix’s Mr Kawamori, Mr Noda, Mr Yamazaki, Mr Ishimoto, Mr Sekito, and, Mr Tetsu, all the project managers, everyone in the team, all the production staff, everyone in PR, and, and, there are too many to write here, so many so many many many people who have supported me and made me able to write as many songs as I have. Thank you so, so, soooooooooo much!
And, to you, looking at this comment now, here is love and gratitude from my heart.
Thanks for 10th Anniversary!!"

Xagzan

Awards
Good selections, but how the heck could people not vote for Forze del Male or Oscurita? Meanwhile they wanted both versions of Dark Impetus, and effectively 3 versions of Another Side.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Good selections, but how the heck could people not vote for Forze del Male or Oscurita? Meanwhile they wanted both versions of Dark Impetus, and effectively 3 versions of Another Side.
was the 3D version of Dark Impetus chosen? I should learn the name of some more songs...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
was the 3D version of Dark Impetus chosen? I should learn the name of some more songs...

That would be L'Impeto Oscuro, and yes it is included in this OST.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Thank you Yoko Shimomura for your music <3

I have never heard "Twinkle, Twinkle Holidays" before, but of course now I love it. I am determined to get this soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back