• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

I see 2.5 having only KH2FM as playable with Coded as a cutscenes, and to make up for the lack of games, they'd have KH2 where you could play through as multiple characters (Sora, Riku, Mickey, and Axel?)

but... idk, the only reason I don't see the other two games (BbS - DDD) being part of a 2.5 HD ReMix is because I see them being part of their own remastered game. It'd be called "Kingdom Hearts: Mark of Mastery double pack" or something like that... Idk though, BbS has some rreeaallllyy strong ties to KH2, especially KH2FM

Perhaps KH 2.5 HD Remix will have all four games in it though... But at the same time, I'm sure Square Enix realizes that fans would pay $40 for just KH2FM by itself so it's possible

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
December.
I hope it's at Jump Festa, but we can never be too sure. Heck, we didn't even think KH was going to be at TGS

I was close. :D

Seriously, though, I'm loving the graphics. <3 The best part about the graphical update are the complexities of the facial movements (like the shifting of pupils, hair moving more smoothly in the wind, slighter mouth changes, narrowing and widening of the eyes). Like, the original KH had all of these details in its cutscenes, but I've noticed over the years that they've gotten better and smoother. DDD really did well in this department, IMO. That game is just beautiful. :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Perhaps KH 2.5 HD Remix will have all four games in it though... But at the same time, I'm sure Square Enix realizes that fans would pay $40 for just KH2FM by itself so it's possible
I'd love to pay $40. I paid $100 for KH 2 back in the day.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I was close. :D

Seriously, though, I'm loving the graphics. <3 The best part about the graphical update are the complexities of the facial movements (like the shifting of pupils, hair moving more smoothly in the wind, slighter mouth changes, narrowing and widening of the eyes). Like, the original KH had all of these details in its cutscenes, but I've noticed over the years that they've gotten better and smoother. DDD really did well in this department, IMO. That game is just beautiful. :D

I know what you mean! Watching the trailer I could not stop looking at all the subtle movements that just made it more real. It was so great. They have gotten a whole lot better of the years. :)

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I don't see either DDD or BBS being apart of it if it ever happened. It'd be silly for SE to do that. Both games came out not too long ago so it'd be kinda pointless imo.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I see 2.5 having only KH2FM as playable with Coded as a cutscenes, and to make up for the lack of games, they'd have KH2 where you could play through as multiple characters (Sora, Riku, Mickey, and Axel?)

That's basically an entire new game right there.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I honestly expect BbS FM in a KH2.5 ReMIX. They're both main games that people need to be caught up on, and the PSP is pretty much dead already, right? It makes sense to have it be remastered for the PS3.

As for DDD, I'd say that it'd make sense for KH1.5 to come out in 2013, KH2.5 for 2014, and DDD remade for the PS3 in 2015 and have KH3 is 2016. Nomura wants to do something about all the games being spread out, the only one that would make sense not to have in a collection or on the PS3 would be DDD, but I can't see them leaving that out, either.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty sure DDD will be left out of this collection remaster deal, nor can I see it being remade. The 3DS is a new system, building a pretty solid user base. It is also a new game. No need to port it. I think Nomura wants KH3 to be on a current gen system so I really doubt he'd wait until 2016 to get it out. I also think we'll see 2.5 sooner than later.

/ranto'opinions

JustSnilloc

I don't see either DDD or BBS being apart of it if it ever happened. It'd be silly for SE to do that. Both games came out not too long ago so it'd be kinda pointless imo.

Which would make them being a remastered game to themselves after 2.5 much more plausible... hmm

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

BbS came out in '10 and a KH 2.5 HD ReMix probably wouldn't come out until 2014 at the earliest so I don't think the timing is too bad for BbS at least. Plus, the PSP is pretty much dead at this point and it'll certainly be long buried by 2014.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
well, some good news for u.s. may come out next summer :)
It could be anything at the moment, not necessarily Kingdom Hearts.

heard it.
We've all heard it.

Edit: One thing in particular I'd like to know, is if in a BBS FM Remaster, they'd fix things like the poor lightning effects, the thorns in Enchanted Dominion(as well as the poor trees and barren landscape) and other things that were done because of hardware restrictions.

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Nomura wants to do something about all the games being spread out, the only one that would make sense not to have in a collection or on the PS3 would be DDD, but I can't see them leaving that out, either.
I hope they don't leave 3D out. Even if it was released recently, I want to see it on a console where they can fix all the bugs. I loved that game~

One thing in particular I'd like to know, is if in a BBS FM Remaster, they'd fix things like the poor lightning effects, the thorns in Enchanted Dominion(as well as the poor trees and barren landscape) and other things that were done because of hardware restrictions.
YOU MEAN LIKE CAPES? They were pretty badass.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm still wholly against KH3D in any collection. If KH3D wasn't on the 3DS and on the DS or PSP or something it'd be different.

Yeah, capes. Cause they are canon. But we don't take it as canon because we never saw them outside that secret ending.

Actually they show them in the opening scene to BBS xD (though they just used the 'Birth By Sleep' stuff that was already made)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
It would be way too early for Square to through 3D on the collections. 3D is on a handheld that sells plenty and constantly.

It could be anything at the moment, not necessarily Kingdom Hearts.
We've all heard it.
Edit: One thing in particular I'd like to know, is if in a BBS FM Remaster, they'd fix things like the poor lightning effects, the thorns in Enchanted Dominion(as well as the poor trees and barren landscape) and other things that were done because of hardware restrictions.

Hope that means upping the polygon count and replacing some models and textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back