• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 1.5 ReMIX Trailer Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re: KH 1.5 ReMix Trailer Released!

so how many scense from 358 would be re made? Coulndt they make a movie of it instead since that what it seems like it will become

We don't know. We'll have to wait and see. They'll most likely remake the scenes to show the strong friendship between Xion, Axel and Roxas + all the other major events that happen during Days.

For all we know, they could implement a mechanic similar to the flashbacks from DDD, where you unlock certain scenes when going through the story.

I for one would like that because it would connect the series so we can understand it better as a whole.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That all looks simply gorgeous and surely a vast improvement over the original PS2 graphics. Not to mention it has Final Mix content, Re: CoM possibly finally also for EU/Australia and added new shiny stuff summing up Days. If this comes over to EU it's a definite buy.

---
But of course the never pleasable dumbasses have to bitch around here as well...<__<, *sigh*, it's really getting old. But whatever, better go back to ignore mode for that...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

I'm disappointed because it was such a simple thing to do. If the resolution is 720p then I will (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

All they have to do is port over the textures from the PS3 remastering into the PS2 game. Boom 2K resolution, 60fps, Possibly Stereoscopic 3D (in the future). If this game has a 5.1 track then yeah... I remember Okami HD being superior to the emulated version simply because they included some things the emulated versions just can't do..yet..

Or just hope someone does a true widescreen hack for 1.5 XD

Well that's Okami and this is Kingdom Hearts. Besides, some of us never played a emulator to the real thing, so comparing them seems pointless. And as Spock pointed out, this adds more than some emulator.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

I know but it bugs me! You never crop things like that though. The new stuff looks get but it frustrates me that it's not all been shown. Like I said hopefully someone can make a cheat or mod to display a True 16X9 ratio or we can all clamor Square to switch, this isn't final and we have till 2013 to change stuff

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

We don't know. We'll have to wait and see. They'll most likely remake the scenes to show the strong friendship between Xion, Axel and Roxas + all the other major events that happen during Days.

For all we know, they could implement a mechanic similar to the flashbacks from DDD, where unlock certain scenes when going through the story.

I for one would like that because it would connect the series so we can understand it better as a whole.
Oh that sounds good, esp for peopl who will enters the series through this version.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

To further get my message across. Here is a comparison

Using RE:COM

Original 4:3 ratio

What Square did ( Not accurate but close to their cropping)

What should have been done. Proper 16x9

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Well that's Okami and this is Kingdom Hearts. Besides, some of us never played a emulator to the real thing, so comparing them seems pointless. And as Spock pointed out, this adds more than some emulator.

"Some" is good, I would rather suspect that the majority of fans never played KH on emulator on PC.
Furthermore, what is this to compare the 1.5 ReMix with some emulator? The original PS2-version is the one it has to be compared to because that's the norm. Square won't give any shit about an emulator and as we can see on Master Spockanorts comparison with Ansem SoD the new stuff looks vastly superior to the original one.
I dig that new version of Ansem, it looks very good.

The power of new graphic cards is also compared to normal performance of older cards and not overclocked stuff.
Some people need to get their expectations down and finally learn to appreciate that we even get anything at all!

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

yeah, people should be proud of the work done on the Silent Hill collection as well.. :rolleyes:

seriously people! nobody complains that we are getting Kingdom Hearts. I haven't played nor Re:CoM nor FM and I played 358/2 Days on a PC (terrible experience). I'll happily give my money to Square and I'm eternally grateful that we are getting this one but let's call a spade a spade; they could have done better on the visuals. Updated models and gameplay are commendable and we are very happy with them but they didn't have to crop the cutscenes, it's as simple as that. It's like releasing Snow White or Cinderella on Blu-ray and cropping it. Imagine that happening - the uproar. "-it's in HD -yeah, but it's f**ed".

And because I'm not here often I'd just like to emphasize that I'm buying this day one, cropped or not. I'll still have a "imagine how it could have looked" on the back of my head by hey! :)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

yeah, people should be proud of the work done on the Silent Hill collection as well.. :rolleyes:

seriously people! nobody complains that we are getting Kingdom Hearts. I haven't played nor Re:CoM nor FM and I played 358/2 Days on a PC (terrible experience). I'll happily give my money to Square and I'm eternally grateful that we are getting this one but let's call a spade a spade; they could have done better on the visuals. Updated models and gameplay are commendable and we are very happy with them but they didn't have to crop the cutscenes, it's as simple as that. It's like releasing Snow White or Cinderella on Blu-ray and cropping it. Imagine that happening - the uproar. "-it's in HD -yeah, but it's f**ed".

And because I'm not here often I'd just like to emphasize that I'm buying this day one, cropped or not. I'll still have a "imagine how it could have looked" on the back of my head by hey! :)

Exactly make point especially since all it took was tweaking a few values for the PCSX2/PS2 widescreen hack. I mean they could have taken the time to do that. The thing to note is that the Days cutscenes might be regarded as true 16x9 if it isn't rendered in real time. Baffling

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

We're slowing becoming like the Sonic fanbase

Really, I have the impression this fanbase isn't that much different since a long time since just like with the Sonic fandom (or Final Fantasy as well) there are always those who cannot be satisfied with anything and just have to dig for something to gripe about just every time.
Instead of appreciating the better things you get you have to get hung up on trivialities and tiny details that do not truly matter except (in this case) for graphic junkies when KH never put emphasis this much on graphics.
The graphics already get much improved over the original, so what the heck is there still to bitch?

I probably won't have even said a thing if this was only pointed out once since it is a valid point even if largely unimportant for the overall functionality, but continuous bitching about it gets just that: annoying.

They "could" also have opted for a HD Remake instead of a remaster or they "could" also have opted for a full remake of Days. Fact is there is always something that still could be more polished, but continuing ranting about some trivialities like that the graphics aren't "top-end" and totally outstanding instead of improved (which they ARE compared to the original PS2 version) is in the end just this: nitpicking.
One who wants to find a hair in the soup will always find one.

Exactly make point especially since all it took was tweaking a few values for the PCSX2/PS2 widescreen hack. I mean they could have taken the time to do that. The thing to note is that the Days cutscenes might be regarded as true 16x9 if it isn't rendered in real time. Baffling

You seriously compare this to a hack?
I rest my case...o_0

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I do not like logging off KHI because when I do I miss awesome stuff. XD But I have to sleep and go to school.

When I saw the trailer had been posted I had to cover my mouth to keep from screaming. It looked amazing!! I do not even really care about fish faces! And that new Days scene with Xion ;~; Xiiiiiiiooon

EDIT: Is it humanly possible to have black hair and blue eyes? I don't think I've met anyone.

My grandmother did. God I wish I had been able to meet her. <3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

When I saw the trailer had been posted I had to cover my mouth to keep from screaming. It looked amazing!! I do not even really care about fish faces! And that new Days scene with Xion ;~; Xiiiiiiiooon

If we're lucky we might not even have anymore fish faces, *ggg*.

But I agree, it looks amazing. ;)

I feel your pain, Sephiroth, I really do.

We got a few more months until JF, but I see info coming all three months. This will be fun.

Duh!
I tend to be really able to ignore most of this stuff, but the information about this is out just a few days and the new stuff gets already bitched at because it doesn't come over in perfect shape.
What we know to far about the ReMix is a really neat package and includes much that big parts of the fandom were asking about for months and even years (in the case of the Final Mix content), but nope, people have to nitpick about superficialities.

Or maybe I am just in a particularly irritable/touchy mood today. <__<

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

If we're lucky we might not even have anymore fish faces, *ggg*.

But I agree, it looks amazing. ;)

Then that will be a bonus. XD

Yes it does. I am excited to see more in the (near) future.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

One who wants to find a hair in the soup will always find one.

You seriously compare this to a hack?
I rest my case...o_0
i always find hair in my food... and it's always still attached to my head :<

and yeah, i hate when people use that argument comparing it to a hack.

WaveK89

Very, very nice. Still has me stoked to play the games now, but I shall hold off! Next event would be Jump Festa? I guess it's unlikely they would announce any international announcements for it there. I guess until next E3 or Squeenix event then, unless I missed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back