• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 1.5 ReMIX Trailer Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Re: KH 1.5 ReMix Trailer Released!

Case if point of Silent Hill HD collection, it redubbed 2 and 3 (although SH2 had the original cast as a option), so they MIGHT redub with current/new faces. So sorry if this ruins the 'KH1 nostalgia'.

This is kind of a good point, but people seem to not know the context of the whole situation regarding the Silent Hill HD collection. It's been a while since the whole dilemma, so if I make a mistake, someone correct me.

As far as I'm aware the only reason that they redubbed it was because Guy Cihi wanted to be paid royalties because he thought he owned James' voice thus kind of forcing Konami's hand. Later on however, Guy and a few of the other voice actors finally signed the rights for their voices to be re-used -- Konami then opted to have that option for SH2.

For Silent Hill 3 I think it was because they couldn't get ahold of the old voice actors to consent to their voices being re-used.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I cant wait to fght kurt zisa, i never beat him before. Would bahamut be added possibly as a summon. I feel like they need to add a few things to make it worth it too the people of japan.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Saw the some of the comparison pictures and yeah it's definitely an improvement. I'm kind of tempted buy the collection, but I doubt I will. I wonder if the reaction commands are a hint that they'll return in KH3.

They aren't exactly reaction commands like in KH2 and subsequent games. It just assigned abilities to a button rather than having to scroll through the action menu to select it.

I'd wait until more info is known on the game to decide if you want it or not. My bias alone says you should go for it, but that doesn't really help you.

For Silent Hill 3 I think it was because they couldn't get ahold of the old voice actors to consent to their voices being re-used.

Do you think something like this could happen with KH1? It has been years since many of the voice actors have been associated with the series.

I cant wait to fght kurt zisa, i never beat him before. Would bahamut be added possibly as a summon. I feel like they need to add a few things to make it worth it too the people of japan.

Well the Days HD Theater part alone is probably enough motivation for Japanese fans.

Bahamut...well it had been planned. This is just a remaster, and I can't think of any remasters that added a ton of new content besides upscaled graphics, audio, and gameplay tweaks, and sometimes adding more voiced scenes.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Also, in addition to the reaction commands and green text as other people have pointed out, I also noticed that the camera is zoomed out a bit in battle scenes compared to KH1. My guess is that we are actually getting an analog-controlled camera, then.

I don't think it's zoomed in at all, I think it's just cropped like the rest of the game.. pretty lazy choice.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Do you think something like this could happen with KH1? It has been years since many of the voice actors have been associated with the series.

Hard to say, but it's possible. I think for the most part in the case of Kingdom Hearts it's mostly up to what S-E wants to do. I could see them hiring Richard Epcar to redub Ansem in KH1 for the sake of consistency.

Awards

I don't think it's zoomed in at all, I think it's just cropped like the rest of the game.. pretty lazy choice.

I said zoomed out.
Not substantially, and it might just be me, but it does seem to have a slightly better viewing field. I haven't compared, though, just going on memory.

Also, Pinocchio is actually, physically in Parasite Cage during the boss fight. I thought it was just supposed to be an amorphous black glob of darkness. idk too lazy to check

Ezekiel

Hopefully they bring this over to the states. And maybe add BBS to the 2.5(if they make one. I never played BBS.).

RaginRiku

AHHH! So excited! I really hope it comes to the states. The only problem is my lack of a ps3 =P If they do make a 2.5 I'm guessing it'd be on ps3 also. Then KH3 for the ps4. All in all, I'm glad they're bringing KH back to a console.

TepidShark

Awards

So Siliconera talked to a Square Enix rep at TGS & they said the "news" applied only to Japan, but Siliconera (& I agree) believes this is not necessarily a statement on whether it will be localized or not.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

Fighting Riku in Hollow Bastion is going to be a epic boss battle in HD :D oh please bring it state side so we can all dig into the goodies. lol.

soraalam1

Yes! I couldn't be more excited! Day one!

It would be the biggest disappointment if this got a worldwide release and didn't include the Final Mix version (only for japan). Haha, but that would never happen. If it did, we would all realize Square hates places outside of Japan.

iLeen

Awards

Glad my PS3 will finally come in handy:3 (assuming it's coming out in NA) especially since I bought it for KHIII, which I'm not sure now if it's going to be for PS3 or not.

Anyways, here's a video comparison for some of the scenes of original vs HD. It goes by pretty fast, but if you pause, you can observe the difference.

[video=youtube;dfZZjbyVbD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZZjbyVbD0[/video]

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Some one should make comparison screens: One the original, the other PCSX2 version( with widescreen hack), and the official HD version. Anyone game? Anyone with a PCSX2 that can at least get 720p resolution at 60fps?

Nevermind I see the above post. WTF why is the game cropped? You would think because normal people can get REAL 16X9 FOV in the game that Square (with all the professional tools and technology) would do the same

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Hard to say, but it's possible. I think for the most part in the case of Kingdom Hearts it's mostly up to what S-E wants to do. I could see them hiring Richard Epcar to redub Ansem in KH1 for the sake of consistency.

I'm tempted to say that this would be lie what George Lucas did with the star wars special editions, but I think this would be good just for consistency.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Now I'm pissed off. The game looks like a lazy half assed port compared to PCSX2 version. If PCSX2 can get Stereo 3D it's over.

And don't make up excuses to why Square can't get TRUE widescreen

[video=youtube;w8luCJMYrmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8luCJMYrmg[/video]

Real 16x9 FOV running on a REAL PS2 console

The only redeeming factor is the revamped gameplay, fixed camera, and 358/2 days HD scenes. Disappointed now Square do better for 2.5

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Now I'm pissed off. The game looks like a lazy half assed port compared to PCSX2 version. If PCSX2 can get Stereo 3D it's over.

And don't make up excuses to why Square can't get TRUE widescreen

[video=youtube;w8luCJMYrmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8luCJMYrmg[/video]

Said half assed port has new gameplay features, a movie recapping the events 358/2 days with new cutscenes, and new models for old characters.

Take Ansem for Example

Wex8K.jpg

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

All they have to do is port over the textures from the PS3 remastering into the PS2 game. Boom 2K resolution, 60fps, Possibly Stereoscopic 3D (in the future). If this game has a 5.1 track then yeah... I remember Okami HD being superior to the emulated version simply because they included some things the emulated versions just can't do..yet..

Or just hope someone does a true widescreen hack for 1.5 XD

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

All they have to do is port over the textures from the PS3 remastering into the PS2 game. Boom 2K resolution, 60fps, Possibly Stereoscopic 3D (in the future). If this game has a 5.1 track then yeah... I remember Okami HD being superior to the emulated version simply because they included some things the emulated versions just can't do..yet..

The facial expressions seem to be different as well (could be just me though).

If that's the case, then they did more than just porting the textures to get the new look (since they need to edit animations as well).

They also added a 'reaction command'-like mechanic so we can use the abilities more easily. Who knows, maybe they've done even more? Not only that but they're also remaking cutscenes from Days in beautiful HD.

They can always do more but I wouldn't call it a half assed port. Not by a long shot.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

so how many scense from 358 would be re made? Coulndt they make a movie of it instead since that what it seems like it will become

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back