• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best EXP Grinding Spot?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I haven't seen a thread on this yet (which I thought was a little shocking), but I could always be wrong. Anyways, the point it quite straight forward:

- What are the best EXP grinding spots you have found for both Sora and Riku?
- What are the best techniques you use to kill the enemies in that area the fastest?
- Where is the easiest place to grind enemies by defeating them with Flowmotion (for that trophy)?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I used the grounds outside of the Mysterious Tower in the SoS for most of my grinding. But now I'm stuck around level 55 with no good way to grind. I'm wondering if there really is anywhere to grind once you reach the higher levels.

kupo1121

Awards
I'm at lvl 70 for both characters and I find that I usually resort to going into The Opera in the CotM defeating the enemies on the steps, and then going back into the Grand Lobby just to return seconds later.

khobssed

Website
www.google.com
I'm at lvl 70 for both characters and I find that I usually resort to going into The Opera in the CotM defeating the enemies on the steps, and then going back into the Grand Lobby just to return seconds later.

I don't think you need to level up more than that, i beated all in my critical save at level 65 easily, or is it just to get to level 99?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Lol, I almost don't need a special place to grind since hunting the special portals to get rare dream pieces automatically lets me defeat hundreds of mooks easily. Sora is now Level 81 and Riku is 83.

I would be interested though where you can get the most munny, as the guide does not say anything about drops and those cookies and ice cream cones to change my dream eaters depositions get expensive if you need tons of them along with balloons and water barrels.

Decrith

For me, the best place for sora would be in TWTNW the spot where he meets Roxas, I just go back to the map before that, Mega Flare the eagles and birds, change map and repeat.

Decrith

If you want to be very productive with your grinding, its best if you grind by completing all the portals, and redoing some of them, that way you'll also get the rare dream pieces.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yeah, doing the portals and TWTNW for both Sora and Riku are probably the best, the enemies there yield the most exp (this is what I've experienced at least).

Mega Flare (of course) and Zero Graviza

My Riku is at 96 and Sora is at 83, I'm gettin' close.

kupo1121

Awards
I don't think you need to level up more than that, i beated all in my critical save at level 65 easily, or is it just to get to level 99?

Yup, just for level 99, I love me some 100% completed games :)

I would be interested though where you can get the most munny, as the guide does not say anything about drops and those cookies and ice cream cones to change my dream eaters depositions get expensive if you need tons of them along with balloons and water barrels.

The best munny spot discovered in the game thus far is to do the following:

[video=youtube;oDx82rnzOko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDx82rnzOko[/video]

For me, the best place for sora would be in TWTNW the spot where he meets Roxas, I just go back to the map before that, Mega Flare the eagles and birds, change map and repeat.

Why did I know Mega Flare would be involved lol (isn't it always when it comes to EXP -__-;). I only have one, but I think I'm going to need more. I've heard about the special portal links and their decent EXP, so I do think I'll have to resort to that if necessary.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I have found going around between worlds and doing Portals is a good way to level up. Otherwise I just defeat lots of enemies in TWNTW. I have not found any certain grinding method yet. Riku is level 85 or 86 and Sora is level 83 I think. I was already high leveled when I beat the game though.
As for getting the flowmotion trophy I found that Traverse Town is a good place, but I got it about halfway through the game, so I did not try it out as much in the last three worlds.

Swordsaint

A - that symphony of sorcery method for money is just one way. Others include the kab kannon. Scan up your kab kannon, pet him for 10lp (or food) buy dark firaga. release him. scan kab kannon, get 10lp sell dark firaga. some others include buying slot edges from the medal shop and selling them off for 600 gil a pop i believe. you can get 2 or 3 per match in the later matches. I personally have enver had a problem with moeny though. i had over 300k at one stage after selling off all my dream pieces after making everything S-rank. I would probably suggest that the increased drop rate forecast + twtnw would be the most lucrative with money, given how much you can sell off some dream pieces for. maybe. that SoS method only yields like 30k an hour. which really isnt much.

B - for experience, I personally find just making runs through TWTNW to be the best. (and i have both characters at 99, and a level 99 skelter and Ryu <3). with riku, just start at the back just before his ABCN boss fight, and retread to the beginning. (its faster because you're going down instead and not up)then exit to map and reenter from the back. My deck is megaflare x2 (the one from ryu dragon, and the one from s-ranking TWTNW dive) meteor, Thundaga/balloonga and a drop-me-not. (dropping is annoying if you're grinding one character so...) that said, replace thundaga/balloonga with sacrifice to keep yourself in the exp boost range easier, and turn off treasure magnets. Grinding really isn't a problem in this game.

For sora, I make a trip through the contorted city (? the first area) until i hit the second area, then turn around and back track through the first area, then exit to the world map and reenter. i think my deck had 2 megaflares and faith.

that said, there is no reason to grind yet if you havent done all you portals and whatever else you still have left.

C - sephy, why are you using food to change dispositions when it so VERY easy to change disposition via petting, to exactly what you want? heres some self advertising when it comes to DE's, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance FAQs, Walkthroughs, and Guides for 3DS - GameFAQs

Again though, no need to 'grind' until you have everything else you want to get first that requires fighting.

kupo1121

Awards
I'm gonna try the EXP methods you said. Sadly, I'm done with everything in the game except the Flowmotion trophy, the secret boss (which I'll do at 99, I don't really care about the challenge, just want to breeze through it), and the levels. I only have one Mega Flare though from Ryu Dragon and I Star-ranked TWTNW's dive...weird <__<

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I just remembered a really easy way I got lots of flowmotion attacks. In The Grid there are those lines you can slide on that usually automatically send you into flowmotion if you land on them. I just kept going back-and-forth to the areas that had those lines and enemies and I got lots of flowmotion attacks quickly. I think the best area for that is The Bridge.

khobssed

Website
www.google.com
I'm gonna try the EXP methods you said. Sadly, I'm done with everything in the game except the Flowmotion trophy, the secret boss (which I'll do at 99, I don't really care about the challenge, just want to breeze through it), and the levels. I only have one Mega Flare though from Ryu Dragon and I Star-ranked TWTNW's dive...weird <__<

That is because you get Meteor from TWTNW dive, not mega flare

Sorakh212

Awards
I definitely leveled up a lot in TWNTW and flow motion definitely helps especially when chaining certain combos and getting air. I primarily did it with Riku though because you get access to areas with good/more enemies. Primarily right before the end of his story and leading up to that. I don't know where for Sora though because he was always a higher level for some reason...or at least for me.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yeah, doing the portals and TWTNW for both Sora and Riku are probably the best, the enemies there yield the most exp (this is what I've experienced at least).

Mega Flare (of course) and Zero Graviza
Mega Flare
Zero Graviza (since its basically magnega)
Tornado (Sora)
Salvation (Sora)
Thundaga
(I find Spark Dive and Thunderdash to be useful)
Meteor (Riku)
Meteor Crash (Riku)
Deep Freeze
Firaga Burst

I still find TWTNW to be the best place to grind for exp. If you start out at the beginning of the world and make your way thru every area that has enemies you will make out decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back