• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So...what was the point?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Strategy

What was the point of the mark of the mastery exam in the context of the story? Yen Sid already knew they were more than powerful enough, and they didn't seem to gain anything from their experience in the dream scape. Any ideas?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
EDIT: Damn, this belongs into the Spoiler-section!
EDIT 2: Ok, it's in the spoiler section, no more tags needed. ;P

Uh what?
Since when did Yen Sid already knew they were strong enough? The contrary is true as he clearly said in the beginning. They were self-taught and Yen Sid admired that as a remarkable feat, but this would not be enough against a threat like Master Xehanort.

Sora and Riku also gained something very important from the dream world. Have you not seen the ending when Riku dived into Sora's heart to save him?

That is the new power both Sora and Riku attained by unlocking seven Keyholes of sleep. By doing this, you gain the power to 1st) enter the realm of sleep willingly (as Sora did in the end when he dives through the credits) and 2nd) most importantly they gained the power to reawaken sleeping hearts that are connected to them. Which is in essence a power to revive someone as long as their heart can be found and it is connected to either Sora or Riku.
Combine that with the data of Ansem the Wise which holds the details on how lost hearts can be connected and you have the powerful tool at hand which Sora and Riku can use to bring back Naminé, Xion, Roxas, Aqua, Terra and Ventus, as was foreshadowed in Blank Points, the secret ending of Birth by Sleep.

Going by that, I would actually say Sora and Riku gained something huge from going through the realm os sleep (not to mention they learned to properly use the Keyblade and revived six friggin' whole worlds!)

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Wow, so it's getting closer to the ultimate final batte against Xehorant and his 13 Darkness vs Sora and 7 Guardians of Light! I have an feeling it will be so epic that it will take all of us breathless! Grr, makes me mad that the team is busy on Verses 13 and not on KH 3... but that's life, I suppose.. Oh, by the way, Sephey ( can I call you that?), have you watched walkthroughs of KH series by Pacey8444, now goes by the name, Emberglow8444? He's one skilled dude and is even considered the best Keyblade Master of KH games..

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
See my thing is that Yen Said said they need a "new kind of master" but Sora and Riku both got the same power. What was the point of naming only Riku a master? Is the title really just a formality?

Some argue that you have to be a master in order to perform the passage ceremony but this hasn't really ever been confirmed.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
See my thing is that Yen Said said they need a "new kind of master" but Sora and Riku both got the same power. What was the point of naming only Riku a master? Is the title really just a formality?

New kind of master = someone who can awake a sleeping heart. Aqua could not do this, hence the need for a 'new type' of master.

Because Sora failed technically and Riku saved Sora from his sleep, making him the only one who passed the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back